Inside the highest HP production V8 ever

Rod

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That is awesome, but damn, the starter and alternator are both located under the intake manifold.  I see longevity problems and a PITA to change when needed.

These aren’t commuter cars , it will be 20 years before those items need addressing unless one fails prematurely 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

These aren’t commuter cars , it will be 20 years before those items need addressing unless one fails prematurely 

And then someone like you will be complaining about having to do it and saying the engineers are the problem.....:wtf:

• Haha 2

Woo HOO 106k for the base z06.

The 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 will start at $106,395 for the base 1LZ Coupe and $113,895 for the 1LZ Convertible when it hits the road later this year. That price includes the requisite $1,395 destination charge. Fork over your hard-earned cash and you'll be rewarded with a wide-body version of the C8 'Vette's chassis with a hand-built, 5.5-liter flat-plane crank V8 tucked away amidships. The estimated 670 horsepower is complemented by 460 pound-feet of torque, good enough to rocket from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.7 seconds.

Stepping up to the 2LZ spec pushes the asking price up to $115,595 for the Coupe and $122,595 for the Convertible, while the 3LZ Coupe and Convertible will run $120,245 and $127,245, respectively, adding additional creature comforts and tech along the way.

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And then someone like you will be complaining about having to do it and saying the engineers are the problem.....:wtf:

Yah , cause a flagship super car with significant packaging constraints is the same as some run of the mill work truck. Fucking moron 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

I would rather have the 807 hp...717 ft/lbs tq... 6.2 litre   supercharged Hellcat Redeye crate motor for $22K...

I’d much prefer the flat plane NA motor. High revving bad ass na motors are way better than low rev supercharged motors 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That is awesome, but damn, the starter and alternator are both located under the intake manifold.  I see longevity problems and a PITA to change when needed.

Remember the Cadillac Northstar engine?

26 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Woo HOO 106k for the base z06.

The 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 will start at $106,395 for the base 1LZ Coupe and $113,895 for the 1LZ Convertible when it hits the road later this year. That price includes the requisite $1,395 destination charge. Fork over your hard-earned cash and you'll be rewarded with a wide-body version of the C8 'Vette's chassis with a hand-built, 5.5-liter flat-plane crank V8 tucked away amidships. The estimated 670 horsepower is complemented by 460 pound-feet of torque, good enough to rocket from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.7 seconds.

Stepping up to the 2LZ spec pushes the asking price up to $115,595 for the Coupe and $122,595 for the Convertible, while the 3LZ Coupe and Convertible will run $120,245 and $127,245, respectively, adding additional creature comforts and tech along the way.

Good luck getting one by 2026

14 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Tall, not big.

I'm not sure I've ever been comfortable in a Vette, even a convertible - simply not enough room for a tall person.

Edited by Mag6240

• Platinum Contributing Member

Buddy was first on the list with his dealer....they told him $70-$100K over MSRP.....which already was over $150K.  They wouldn't know which end until they started seeing what they were going for. :lol:  He told them to pound sand. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Mid engine and the intakes are dry. Pulling an intake on an LS or new ford 5.0 is quite simple 

12 minutes ago, Doorider said:

In my 23 years of owning cars, trucks and suvs I've never changed a stater or alternator.  Not sure why it's being talked about like it's a normal wear item

Consider the source 

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Remember the Cadillac Northstar engine?

Good luck getting one by 2026

Lol, I ordered a CT5 Blackwing almost 2 years ago now and at that point they thought 3 months.  Last week they said at least another 2 years as I am only getting the 4th one in MN...wtf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Lol, I ordered a CT5 Blackwing almost 2 years ago now and at that point they thought 3 months.  Last week they said at least another 2 years as I am only getting the 4th one in MN...wtf.

Car and Driver blew one up...