Stop sale for all polaris sleds Because of Fire Hazzard

krom

@Ziemann - unfortunately, I'll be missing Hay Days this year.  The beer(s) and shooting the BS would have been fun!  I have other priorities that day, so will be waiting to see what others have to say about this year's event.

I do agree with ya on the idea of Polaris sticking to their script this weekend.  Heck, 90% of the people wearing Polaris shirts aren't even Polaris employees anyway - so not like it's worth listening to any of them unless you know who's who and actually know a good contact at Polaris.  We always used to talk with Chris Wolf, which was fun (although he was also very good at keeping his lips sealed over various topics).  If Polaris has that fix, and can get it done to the '23 models by end of November ... fine by me.

Enjoy the weekend (and the dust up there) LOL

• Like 1

I don't know- have we seen ANYONE here or on HCS post any pics related to fires on a Matryx?

We've all seen posts related to Doo's, Polaris UTV's, Cats, etc.... But this seems different. It just seems like this came out of left field. For that many sleds to be effected, and for that many model years, this seemed like a bit of a surprise.

@Bontz Chris- if you're not going to be at Hay Days, the least you can do is come up and ride at some point this winter..... :-P

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

I don't know- have we seen ANYONE here or on HCS post any pics related to fires on a Matryx?

We've all seen posts related to Doo's, Polaris UTV's, Cats, etc.... But this seems different. It just seems like this came out of left field. For that many sleds to be effected, and for that many model years, this seemed like a bit of a surprise.

@Bontz Chris- if you're not going to be at Hay Days, the least you can do is come up and ride at some point this winter..... :-P

Seen one sled that was leaking fuel by the pump neck after somebody charged the sock and rolled the seal during assemble.  Guy said he kept on smelling gas when he parked the sled.  Pulled it apart and put a new seal in all good.

• Like 1

They legally can’t saying anything until they have a tested solution for the problem and it’s approved to be used. Also most of the people working those booths are hired from an outside marketing firm marketing firm and only know what Polaris tells them. They bounce from trade show to trade show. So finding someone with good information will be next to impossible at haydays. I highly doubt the director of product safety will be at the booth to answer questions. 

5 hours ago, Ziemann said:

So much drama......

First @Bontz- yes I've been lurking, but I have been keeping watch on my garage 24/7 to make sure it doesn't burn down from an exploding VR-1.

@krom NO REGRETS. I will be at the release at Hay Days on Saturday, and will be interested to see if Cat can execute a better launch and presentation than they have the last few years. I love Cat and have ridden them for almost all of my adult life (until this past December). And I still have Cats in the garage. But I cannot imagine what Cat could possibly release that would make me switch back. The Polaris Matryx is THAT good..... No recall is going to keep me off of my sled this winter. Hell, I survived Cat's fuel tank/neck cracks without getting burned to a crisp, so I'm not worried about this either. At least I won't be getting splashed with gasoline this time like I did when Cat had their fuel tank issues. 

Polaris will be smart and will have a canned answer at Hay Days and will stick to the script. Don't expect anything insightful to come from the reps at their booth. I suspect that they already had a solution BEFORE they issued the recall. They've obviously been aware of this for a while, and hopefully have had some time to prepare and respond. 

BTW- @X2700 @D-rail @Bontz What time are we getting together for a beer at Hay Days?

393988351_itsfine.jpg.88464d5335272e83858246a3e3749e77.jpg

I'm not going, but will be interested to hear your take on everything (can't justify flying, renting a car, and hotel just for a release, none of my friends are racing there this year) 
I'd like to compare it to what we're told through the official channels.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 4:26 PM, Bontz said:

@Ziemann - unfortunately, I'll be missing Hay Days this year.  The beer(s) and shooting the BS would have been fun!  I have other priorities that day, so will be waiting to see what others have to say about this year's event.

I do agree with ya on the idea of Polaris sticking to their script this weekend.  Heck, 90% of the people wearing Polaris shirts aren't even Polaris employees anyway - so not like it's worth listening to any of them unless you know who's who and actually know a good contact at Polaris.  We always used to talk with Chris Wolf, which was fun (although he was also very good at keeping his lips sealed over various topics).  If Polaris has that fix, and can get it done to the '23 models by end of November ... fine by me.

Enjoy the weekend (and the dust up there) LOL

One of the things about Haydays that I do NOT miss. Honestly, the last few years were more of a hassle than they were anything else. I wouldn’t mind going back one of these years to actually just enjoy the show, instead of work it, but eh, that’s a lot of driving/money for just one day. 

@SayatodaU.P.eh? agreed it is a lot of money for what it is. But, I live for everything snowmobiling, so it is entertainment for me. 

Working Hay Days is a grind. It is a completely different experience just being a spectator- arriving at 0700 on Saturday, and getting out of there by Noon. Enjoyable......  

This year, I have a list of vendors that I "need" to visit.....and a list of items that I want to look at. 

I "need" a larger breath deflector for my CKX Mission helmet- easy. I "need" a better windshield for my Matryx- so I am going to visit the PowerMadd booth. I "need" a new Castle X jacket..... I "need" a Polaris jersey to fit my 3XL ass.....  

All fun items that I will enjoy shopping for...... All easy......

Plus, I will drop by the Polaris booth and watch the people over reacting tot he stop sale and drop by the Cat booth to watch the crowd's disappointment......

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@SayatodaU.P.eh? agreed it is a lot of money for what it is. But, I live for everything snowmobiling, so it is entertainment for me. 

Working Hay Days is a grind. It is a completely different experience just being a spectator- arriving at 0700 on Saturday, and getting out of there by Noon. Enjoyable......  

This year, I have a list of vendors that I "need" to visit.....and a list of items that I want to look at. 

I "need" a larger breath deflector for my CKX Mission helmet- easy. I "need" a better windshield for my Matryx- so I am going to visit the PowerMadd booth. I "need" a new Castle X jacket..... I "need" a Polaris jersey to fit my 3XL ass.....  

All fun items that I will enjoy shopping for...... All easy......

Plus, I will drop by the Polaris booth and watch the people over reacting tot he stop sale and drop by the Cat booth to watch the crowd's disappointment......

Oh, If my group went to just spectate, we would still be there all weekend. We know to many people in the business. 

9 minutes ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym is confused.  Gym wonders if he is being trolled.  Gym won't change brands.  Gym only rides the best.

Gym just discovered these emoji things  :poke:

Gym,

you and 230,000 other people have bankrupted Polaris. How dare you. Ricky is going to spank you. 

42C62882-E773-4C9D-8E09-16CC30CEEE8A.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Gym,

you and 230,000 other people have bankrupted Polaris. How dare you. Ricky is going to spank you. 

42C62882-E773-4C9D-8E09-16CC30CEEE8A.jpeg

Gym thinks this Ricky fella's cheese slipper off his cracker.  Gym doesn't take kindly to people bashing Polaris.  Gym will be calling his dealer on Monday morning.  Gym has the best dealer. 

Gym just found another new emoji :sad:  

I've also heard it's as simple as an additional external ground strap and the other manufacturers are also looking at the issue because the same manufacturer makes all the fuel tanks for every brand.

We'll see

On 9/13/2022 at 8:41 AM, Doug said:

I've also heard it's as simple as an additional external ground strap and the other manufacturers are also looking at the issue because the same manufacturer makes all the fuel tanks for every brand.

We'll see

grain of salt, but I've been told by someone at AC, that they aren't concerned, after the all the issues with the firecat tanks,and then early twinspar tanks, they seriously upped the testing, engineering etc, and use a different vendor.

If the fix is actually a fuel pump, its going to be expensive, and if they haven't known about this start planning the fix, and ordering parts a couple years ago, its going to take a few years.  coming up with a quarter million fuel pumps right now isn't a quick process.

My guess is that it will be some sort of strap, bracket, or clamp, that is super cheap to have cranked out.

Edited by krom

5 hours ago, Doomxz600 said:

So they have 230,000 sled's and 92 days until the trails open so they need to fix 2500 daily, anyone see that happening.

Do I see me missing any days of riding because of this.

Nope

33 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

So, have they stopped production on the 23's or are they still pumping them out?

They won't stop producing, but they'll stop shipping until the fix is validated and can be done in Roseau ... or at dealers.  I know if I wasn't waiting on a '23 I sure as hell wouldn't be worried about missing any riding time.  Just fill it with fresh fuel and go.