Stop sale for all polaris sleds Because of Fire Hazzard

krom

1 hour ago, Doug said:

So when we see an Arctic Cat snowmobile on fire it's suicide attempt by the machine?

64ecd7a3-3b24-4236-b1b0-599a74648f03-medium16x9_IMG_0648.jpg

firecat

anyone recall the last time Cat had a stop sale or recall for fire hazards?

polaris seems to have one annually, but I may be wrong

doo's burn too, let's not forget the yellow team here 

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2022/BRP-Recalls-Snowmobiles-Due-to-Fire-Hazard-Recall-Alert#:~:text=BRP has received five reports,for between %2417%2C000 and %2419%2C000.

https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/owner-zone/maintenance/safety-recalls.html

at least cat's and fireflaris's come with a recoil :)

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

firecat

anyone recall the last time Cat had a stop sale or recall for fire hazards?

polaris seems to have one annually, but I may be wrong

doo's burn too, let's not forget the yellow team here 

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2022/BRP-Recalls-Snowmobiles-Due-to-Fire-Hazard-Recall-Alert#:~:text=BRP has received five reports,for between %2417%2C000 and %2419%2C000.

https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/owner-zone/maintenance/safety-recalls.html

at least cat's and fireflaris's come with a recoil :)

Maybe if they made enough sleds they would have more issues. I recall the first gen ctec was a bit of a flame thrower not sure about the second or third gen models, maybe someone can chime in. 

22 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

dont worry, ricky has had it all figured out for years now. i'm sure polaris is consulting with him as we speak

He's testing his fix right now.  Still needs a little work

ap21287185717628-bc8f03d3cccf095a593efa95d04bc74fdf14fb77.jpg

• Haha 1

Looking at the sleds I had that are effected by this stop ride and the mileage that I put on them.  It totals right around 40,000 miles and still no fire.  

I think I may go buy a lottery ticket with the luck I'm having.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Looking at the sleds I had that are effected by this stop ride and the mileage that I put on them.  It totals right around 40,000 miles and still no fire.  

I think I may go buy a lottery ticket with the luck I'm having.

I think I'm pretty close to that myself also.

Edited by Mag6240

6 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I think you may tip the scales on me for mileage.  I know last year you were making me crabby with your pics still riding late March into April and I was done riding.  😖

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Doug said:

I think you may tip the scales on me for mileage.  I know last year you were making me crabby with your pics still riding late March into April and I was done riding.  😖

A few of us were out May 1st and 2nd!

C6CE0F2F-136C-4E1E-BED7-50A9D90CCD7E.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 5:19 AM, awful knawful said:

How many years does it take cat to sell 230000 snowmobiles? 20? 30?

just you wait, Cat is going to unleash a sales bonanza in 2023, EVERYONE is going to want a new Arctic Cat!!! 

(in my best Jim Ramstad voice)

:lol:

On 9/2/2022 at 2:26 PM, Mag6240 said:

I have a modded Sno Pro that should have caught on fire in 2011... ain't that right @krom?  :lmao:

Had an email exchange with my (new) dealer about the Stop/Ride ordeal and he said the last he heard from Polaris was, they plan to have the fix ready by end of September.  I can only imagine what Hay Days is going to be like with all the vultures around the main Polaris truck/tent ... could be entertaining!  As for the '23 models, those that aren't shipped yet won't be shipped until the fix has been validated and done at the factory ... I feel deja vu coming on from last year!! LOL   The statement this year is, "We are committed to optimizing the riding season for our customers and dealers."  Let's see how long we see that statement used.

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Had an email exchange with my (new) dealer about the Stop/Ride ordeal and he said the last he heard from Polaris was, they plan to have the fix ready by end of September.  I can only imagine what Hay Days is going to be like with all the vultures around the main Polaris truck/tent ... could be entertaining!  As for the '23 models, those that aren't shipped yet won't be shipped until the fix has been validated and done at the factory ... I feel deja vu coming on from last year!! LOL   The statement this year is, "We are committed to optimizing the riding season for our customers and dealers."  Let's see how long we see that statement used.

If I was Polaris I’d either have an answer by Saturday or just stay home!!😁

• Haha 3

So much drama......

First @Bontz- yes I've been lurking, but I have been keeping watch on my garage 24/7 to make sure it doesn't burn down from an exploding VR-1.

@krom NO REGRETS. I will be at the release at Hay Days on Saturday, and will be interested to see if Cat can execute a better launch and presentation than they have the last few years. I love Cat and have ridden them for almost all of my adult life (until this past December). And I still have Cats in the garage. But I cannot imagine what Cat could possibly release that would make me switch back. The Polaris Matryx is THAT good..... No recall is going to keep me off of my sled this winter. Hell, I survived Cat's fuel tank/neck cracks without getting burned to a crisp, so I'm not worried about this either. At least I won't be getting splashed with gasoline this time like I did when Cat had their fuel tank issues. 

Polaris will be smart and will have a canned answer at Hay Days and will stick to the script. Don't expect anything insightful to come from the reps at their booth. I suspect that they already had a solution BEFORE they issued the recall. They've obviously been aware of this for a while, and hopefully have had some time to prepare and respond. 

BTW- @X2700 @D-rail @Bontz What time are we getting together for a beer at Hay Days?

393988351_itsfine.jpg.88464d5335272e83858246a3e3749e77.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

So much drama......

First @Bontz- yes I've been lurking, but I have been keeping watch on my garage 24/7 to make sure it doesn't burn down from an exploding VR-1.

@krom NO REGRETS. I will be at the release at Hay Days on Saturday, and will be interested to see if Cat can execute a better launch and presentation than they have the last few years. I love Cat and have ridden them for almost all of my adult life (until this past December). And I still have Cats in the garage. But I cannot imagine what Cat could possibly release that would make me switch back. The Polaris Matryx is THAT good..... No recall is going to keep me off of my sled this winter. Hell, I survived Cat's fuel tank/neck cracks without getting burned to a crisp, so I'm not worried about this either. At least I won't be getting splashed with gasoline this time like I did when Cat had their fuel tank issues. 

Polaris will be smart and will have a canned answer at Hay Days and will stick to the script. Don't expect anything insightful to come from the reps at their booth. I suspect that they already had a solution BEFORE they issued the recall. They've obviously been aware of this for a while, and hopefully have had some time to prepare and respond. 

BTW- @X2700 @D-rail @Bontz What time are we getting together for a beer at Hay Days?

393988351_itsfine.jpg.88464d5335272e83858246a3e3749e77.jpg

Cat release?