****Official Pet Photo Thread****

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member

So my step daughter goes to the local shelter and adopts a lab / rottie cross pussy.

When she is there she runs into her uncle ( my wife's brother) He is adopting the brother of the dog she adopted.

Now the pup siblings get to see each probably once a month .

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Cats throwing it in my face they get to sleep in while I get to go to work….fuckers….stole the dogs bed too

I haven't had a decent nights sleep in over a month now! Buggers run around here until almost midnight playing like kittens do then wake me up, especially one, a couple hours later.

Same goes for the mornings, just like today's. 5am wake up! Once I feed them, they crash hard for a half hour then its game on again!

They are currently wearing cones due to their de-nutting but I think I am taking those off today, which is only 1 day early. Hopefully with those off, they sleep easier and longer? 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, irv said:

I haven't had a decent nights sleep in over a month now! Buggers run around here until almost midnight playing like kittens do then wake me up, especially one, a couple hours later.

Same goes for the mornings, just like today's. 5am wake up! Once I feed them, they crash hard for a half hour then its game on again!

They are currently wearing cones due to their de-nutting but I think I am taking those off today, which is only 1 day early. Hopefully with those off, they sleep easier and longer? 

Yup I feel your pain cats are crepuscular ours are the same way although not as annoying now as when they were young. The cones probably don’t help I know ours hate them. We still lock them out of the second floor where we sleep at night with the kid gates though. Every night we got to go around downstairs pick up any small kids toys, pens etc. anything small or else we will hear it sliding all over the floor all night 😂. The gate works pretty good maybe give that a try? We also keep all there toys and scratcher posts in the basement that’s there domain.

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yup I feel your pain cats are crepuscular ours are the same way although not as annoying now as when they were young. The cones probably don’t help I know ours hate them. We still lock them out of the second floor where we sleep at night with the kid gates though. Every night we got to go around downstairs pick up any small kids toys, pens etc. anything small or else we will here it sliding all over the floor all night 😂. The gate works pretty good maybe give that a try? We also keep all there toys and scratcher posts in the basement that’s there domain.

I just finished taking the cones off and they are playing hard/wrestling hard with each other!! I am paranoid/worried now they will tear open their incisions! o.O

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, irv said:

I just finished taking the cones off and they are playing hard/wrestling hard with each other!! I am paranoid/worried now they will tear open their incisions! o.O

You’re probably good just keep a eye on it. They stitch and glue the incision at least at my wife’s place. My wife is a vet tech and took our youngest cats cone off after being neutered on day two. That cat absolutely hates the cone. The incision is so small anyways she wasn’t too worried about it she just kept a eye on it.

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

You’re probably good just keep a eye on it. They stitch and glue the incision at least at my wife’s place. My wife is a vet tech and took our youngest cats cone off after being neutered on day two. That cat absolutely hates the cone. The incision is so small anyways she wasn’t too worried about it she just kept a eye on it.

Having 2 is definitely a challenge and a half! They kick and bite each other hard just like they are 2 wild cats fighting each other in the wild. Yelps, cries, you name it but they keep going and going! They are a handful that is for sure!! Not that I'd ever get rid of either one now, but I don't think I'll ever own 2 again, at least not 2 kittens. 

As far as I know, neither cat had any stitches? I believe the vet said they are not necessary because the incisions are so small. 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, irv said:

Having 2 is definitely a challenge and a half! They kick and bite each other hard just like they are 2 wild cats fighting each other in the wild. Yelps, cries, you name it but they keep going and going! They are a handful that is for sure!! Not that I'd ever get rid of either one now, but I don't think I'll ever own 2 again, at least not 2 kittens. 

As far as I know, neither cat had any stitches? I believe the vet said they are not necessary because the incisions are so small. 

We have 3 😂. Although ours were kittens before I met my wife so I missed most of that. 

sorry i forgot what she had told me before. I just asked her to refresh my memory 😂 she said they make a small incision 1/2in pull the balls out tie them in a knot and snip them incision is left. She said it more medical like but you get the point.  Dogs got the stitches and glue not the cats.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2021 at 7:14 AM, 800renegaderider said:

Cats throwing it in my face they get to sleep in while I get to go to work….fuckers….stole the dogs bed too

0C141187-C46B-457A-A281-8F70B18DC04D.jpeg

I house, feed, and inconvenience your gray cat's fatter, whiney'er, oranger brother... 

No one else in my house claims him.

PXL_20211120_205231522[1].jpg

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

😂 I see your cat also steals the dogs bed

They are all theives. Mine kicked my neighbor's cats ass, then the next day went into his house and ate his food. Not that the other cats food was any better, he was just saying " Ill walk right into your house and eat your food and there isnt a fucking thing you can do about it, give me any shit and Ill kick your ass again"

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Showtime said:

Shed hunting training 2 weeks ago. Hes 8 months now

IMG_20220128_202303654.jpg

IMG_20220128_202235788.jpg

That's cool . Do you train him with sheds you hide in the woods I assume ? Done this before? 

So if training on deer will they still find moose and elk ? Or is the smell to far off ? 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

That's cool . Do you train him with sheds you hide in the woods I assume ? Done this before? 

So if training on deer will they still find moose and elk ? Or is the smell to far off ? 

Yea, a buddy has 50 acres i use. I have never dont it before. Been training him for a month now. Friday will be the real test gonna send him loose on the real thing. 

Theres a product called rack wax i put on the ends of the rack. Not sure if they smell the same.

1 minute ago, Showtime said:

Yea, a buddy has 50 acres i use. I have never dont it before. Been training him for a month now. Friday will be the real test gonna send him loose on the real thing. 

Theres a product called rack wax i put on the ends of the rack. Not sure if they smell the same.

Cool 😎 stuff .