Biden approval skyrockets - now higher than Trump, Obama, Clinton, Carter, or Reagan

Biden approval skyrockets - now higher than Trump, Obama, Clinton, Carter, or Reagan

David Badash, The New Civil Rights Movement 
August 26, 2022 

President Joe Biden‘s approval rating in the past month has skyrocketed, jumping six points after massive successes in getting his legislative agenda passed. At 44%, Biden’s approval rating is now higher than the approval ratings of Donald Trump (41%), Barack Obama (43%), Bill Clinton (39%), Jimmy Carter (43%), and Ronald Reagan (41%) at this point in their presidencies. 

The only Presidents who had higher job approval ratings at this point were George W. Bush (65%) and George H.W. Bush (74%), both of whom were engaged in prosecuting wars in the Middle East, and Richard Nixon (55%). Gerald Ford’s was 48% at this point in his presidency, but as an unelected president coming in after the Nixon resignation it’s a difficult comparison to weigh. 

All the approval ratings above come via Gallup’s Presidential Job Approval Center and are based on the current poll number and time period for that poll. Gallup does not publish weekly presidential job numbers any more, so the Biden figure is for August 1-23, 2022. Other presidential numbers are for the polls closest to that date and week number (around 79-84 weeks in office.) 

President Biden has every reason to celebrate the huge jump. In recent months he has become a historic president, battling an opposition party fresh off an attempted coup, with a cult–like leader facing possible criminal charges on a variety of potentially unlawful acts, an evenly-divided Senate, a House with only a modest majority, all at a time of nearly unprecedented crises – domestic, international, and worldwide. 

snip 

Full article here 

• Haha 6

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Given the fact that trump ever made it above 40% approval, I believe this….as ridiculous as it appears. 

I saw them mention this today on Fox. The GOP is letting Bidens shit show slip their fingers.

9 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I saw them mention this today on Fox. The GOP is letting Bidens shit show slip their fingers.

When they start promoting prison for women that get an abortion, what do you expect. Fucking taliban bastards. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

When they start promoting prison for women that get an abortion, what do you expect. Fucking taliban bastards. 

Jesus, I haven't seen that .  It really is pathetic, especially in the senate, I liked Hershel Walker as football player, but come on, the guys obviously taken to many blows to the head.

Biden's got all the lib agenda passed, so he should be popular with that crowd - stimulus, infrastructure, student debt forgiveness, build back better, semiconductor bill, open border, botched afghan withdrawal, stopped keystone, crazy woman on supreme court...what else could they have asked for in less than 2 years?

Doesn't help that trump has pushed some crazies for the senate - walker, oz, etc.

8 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Biden's got all the lib agenda passed, so he should be popular with that crowd - stimulus, infrastructure, student debt forgiveness, build back better, semiconductor bill, open border, botched afghan withdrawal, stopped keystone, crazy woman on supreme court...what else could they have asked for in less than 2 years?

Doesn't help that trump has pushed some crazies for the senate - walker, oz, etc.

Now all of a sudden the student loan debut forgiveness is more than just the decrepit old man blabbering? Last I checked, that’s all it is thus far. I bet it goes down in a big burning ball of flame, just like his vax mandate for all deal. 

The Republican Party or whatever crazy faction they are today have done ZERO for Americans. 
They won't stand up for the American worker, the struggling middle-class, the children slaughtered in classrooms, the women being forced to give birth, the vets who were injured while serving their country, the people who died unnecessarily from COVID, the citizens who are threatened by the violence they've incited and encouraged, or their fellow countrymen who live in abject poverty without healthcare, sufficient food, or even a roof over their heads. 

Voters see this

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Now all of a sudden the student loan debut forgiveness is more than just the decrepit old man blabbering? Last I checked, that’s all it is thus far. I bet it goes down in a big burning ball of flame, just like his vax mandate for all deal. 

Forgot the vax mandate. Biden (or whoever is actually President) has been a dream for the authoritarian government in charge of all left.

It's 2030 - you will own nothing and be happy.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Don't believe it for a minute, including some of these so called "polls".  Not like Trump didn't throw that narrative out the window during the first election.  They are throwing one hail mary after another, because they know their majority is majorly threatened.  All in an effort to suppress R voter turnout.

• Like 2

Just now, Art Vandelay said:

Forgot the vax mandate. Biden (or whoever is actually President) has been a dream for the authoritarian government in charge of all left.

It's 2030 - you will own nothing and be happy.

Yup.  Gotta go down to the bus stop, so I can take my electric bus mass transit to my job, that the benevolent government has allowed me to have.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The Republican Party or whatever crazy faction they are today have done ZERO for Americans. 
They won't stand up for the American worker, the struggling middle-class, the children slaughtered in classrooms, the women being forced to give birth, the vets who were injured while serving their country, the people who died unnecessarily from COVID, the citizens who are threatened by the violence they've incited and encouraged, or their fellow countrymen who live in abject poverty without healthcare, sufficient food, or even a roof over their heads. 

Voters see this

More government is the answer. It's worked so well so far, just need more.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Don't believe it for a minute, including some of these so called "polls".  Not like Trump didn't throw that narrative out the window during the first election.  They are throwing one hail mary after another, because they know their majority is majorly threatened.  All in an effort to suppress R voter turnout.

Nailed it.  The democrats will try anything to suppress voter turnout.  If biden was so good, you would think there would be people on this forum bragging about voting for him, but NOPE, not a peep out of anyone saying they voted for the burned out rich white life long politician.

• Like 2

Hate the Democrats if you want but at the very least they are expressing some sort of platform and plan….Republicans only plan seems to be stop the steal and Democrats suck.🤔

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Nailed it.  The democrats will try anything to suppress voter turnout.  If biden was so good, you would think there would be people on this forum bragging about voting for him, but NOPE, not a peep out of anyone saying they voted for the burned out rich white life long politician.

Why do always think this forum is some sort of cross section representing the country as a whole? 

28 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well I hope you're right.

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hate the Democrats if you want but at the very least they are expressing some sort of platform and plan….Republicans only plan seems to be stop the steal and Democrats suck.🤔

Majority of their expression still revolves around Trump and that big chunk isn't a plan for the American people

• Like 3

Lol.  That poll is fucked.  Nobody with a brain can think Biden is doing shit other than what he leaves in his pants.  I can surely see the public of Trump being lower, but Biden has to be right down in the cellar with him.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, racer254 said:

There's people on this forum that have said they didn't vote for Trump the 2nd time.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, racer254 said:

What makes you think it isn't?

How can you even ask that question…are you completely obvlivious to the demographics of the country you live in?😂