Fiat junk

On 8/26/2022 at 9:45 PM, wrinkly balls said:

I would bring it back to the stealer and tear them a new one!!!!!! :wtf:

Won't do any good . Like I said been down this road before they don't give a fuck you need a hole . And if you have corrosion in more than 1 spot you need a hole in every one before they will do anything . Oh and that warranty is most often 36 mo . Just junk .

On 8/30/2022 at 11:52 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

get a hood protector

https://www.autoventshade.com/ram-1500

the type and amount of road salt these days is ridiculous.  it's bad enough what we have to pay for modern vehicles, but the municipalities over use is just 'salt in the wound'.

I'm going to run my old Tahoe over the winter again just to keep the newer one out of the salt 

Would not have helped it started under hood at seam where the skin is crimped to hood frame or what ever the hood sub structure is called 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Chrysler has always had the worst corrosion protection on the panels of their vehicles. 

Fords have been doing this for 15 years, 4 or 5 of my buddies have low mileage Coyote S197 mustangs (so 2011 or newer) and they’ve all had the hoods painted. The aluminum trucks the paint bubbles and falls off on the hoods and around the taillights, they told my girlfriends brother that they couldn’t do anything about his 35k mile 2018 f150 that had no paint for an inch around the drivers taillight in 2020. Don’t even get me going on the 2009-last year steel body fords, two of my uncles had ‘10 f150s and neither had cab corners in 2012, nobody really knows if the 6.7PS is a good motor because you couldn’t put enough miles on an 11-16 before the body fell off it. And of course how about those bed rails. I have GM junk (buy from down south though so it’s clean junk) and they’re junk after a couple winters too. 18 is about the oldest Silverado you can find a rocker panel on around here.

34 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Fords have been doing this for 15 years, 4 or 5 of my buddies have low mileage Coyote S197 mustangs (so 2011 or newer) and they’ve all had the hoods painted. The aluminum trucks the paint bubbles and falls off on the hoods and around the taillights, they told my girlfriends brother that they couldn’t do anything about his 35k mile 2018 f150 that had no paint for an inch around the drivers taillight in 2020. Don’t even get me going on the 2009-last year steel body fords, two of my uncles had ‘10 f150s and neither had cab corners in 2012, nobody really knows if the 6.7PS is a good motor because you couldn’t put enough miles on an 11-16 before the body fell off it. And of course how about those bed rails. I have GM junk (buy from down south though so it’s clean junk) and they’re junk after a couple winters too. 18 is about the oldest Silverado you can find a rocker panel on around here.

One rocker and one cab corner just started going on my 2006 Silverado last winter. I see the bottom of the tailgate is starting now, too. Lived it’s life in Michigan. 230k on it now. Bought it off the original owner in 2020 with 206k on it. :dunno:

No doubt that most everything metal gets corrosion sooner or later. Worked in a Chevy/Dodge/Toyota dealer for years. The Dodges rusted the fastest around us. 

On 9/1/2022 at 10:14 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

One rocker and one cab corner just started going on my 2006 Silverado last winter. I see the bottom of the tailgate is starting now, too. Lived it’s life in Michigan. 230k on it now. Bought it off the original owner in 2020 with 206k on it. :dunno:

No doubt that most everything metal gets corrosion sooner or later. Worked in a Chevy/Dodge/Toyota dealer for years. The Dodges rusted the fastest around us. 

Did the toyotas hold up better? Wondering if anything has a chance in the states that overuse salt.

• Gold Member

Pre 07 tundras rot out like any other truck. 07+ tundras actually hold up pretty good compared to the big 3 from what I’ve seen. The only problem area is the bed floor in the front corners and rear corners near where the bed bolts down rots out I’ve seen a few where you pull the plastic liner and see the shop floor lol. They don’t have steel wheel houses to rot out just some flimsy brackets with plastic wheel liners so no rear wheel arch rot on newer tundras. I’ve never seen one with rusty rockers. They do put about 10 rubber plugs in the rockers you can pop out and spray some fluid film in there easy.  Tacomas beds are composite no rusting only issue with them is rockers but again they have plugs but no one seems to take 5mins to spray some oil in them though. The frame recalls obviously too. Rams seem to be the worst around here but any of the big 3 aren’t great for rust prevention. You look at any German car they got about 500lbs of cosmolene in them American cars nothing.

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Did the toyotas hold up better? Wondering if anything has a chance in the states that overuse salt.

Shit Tacoma had a pretty big frame recalls.  I know like 3 guys who had there trucks  in for over a week each under that one