Classic car price crash.

It's either here or very close. Lots of collectors dumping what they have. Dennis Collins with a huge inventory reduction and Richard Rawlings selling everything. Several others as well. The apocalypse is upon us all. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

It's either here or very close. Lots of collectors dumping what they have. Dennis Collins with a huge inventory reduction and Richard Rawlings selling everything. Several others as well. The apocalypse is upon us all. 

I dunno I just watched a Hemi Superbird go for 1.5M at the last BJ.

The collectible ones will remain pretty stable, the common muscle cars will fluctuate a bit.

It’s pretty hard to keep the interest up in the old iron for the younger crowd, we have been living probably the greatest decade of muscle car production ever.

Neal

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

:lol:Yep, that's it. Collector car prices are plummeting!!! SELL NOW!!! :lol:Why do you Liberals get so easily gut hooked?

Edited by irv
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Virtually all luxury/sports cars are softening in price right now.

Still waiting for the Porsche GT market to crash big time. 

Collins and Rawlings are smart money guys. They smell it coming. Something real interesting has been happening auto auctions too. Repos are beginning to flood in. Banks are still staging the quantity as to not crash the prices. Reserve prices on the repos remain at ridiculous levels with dealers holding back purchases. Everyone sees what's coming. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Collins and Rawlings are smart money guys. They smell it coming. Something real interesting has been happening auto auctions too. Repos are beginning to flood in. Banks are still staging the quantity as to not crash the prices. Reserve prices on the repos remain at ridiculous levels with dealers holding back purchases. Everyone sees what's coming. 

You can't have a sustained 40-50-60%+ jump in lux/sports car prices and expect it to be sustained long term.

Can't ask 50%-100%+ over MSRP on new cars and expect your customers to keep coming back either.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The collectible ones will remain pretty stable, the common muscle cars will fluctuate a bit.

It’s pretty hard to keep the interest up in the old iron for the younger crowd, we have been living probably the greatest decade of muscle car production ever.

Neal

I don't get it, are the young millionaires into the old muscle cars?  I just need the price of used 911s to come down, they're friggin ridiculous now

• Gold Member
On 7/29/2022 at 1:54 PM, spin_dry said:

That’s sweet. I’ve given up on hot rods. Vans are my thing now. 

:owned:

:lol::lol::lol:

Look at You Go Spin Tits. Getting all fucking Giddy about Classic Cars prices falling.  Pathetic. 

15 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

You're talking a completely different level vehicle there. Despite that, the squeeze will be on for million dollar vehicles as well. The Houston show/auction is coming up in October, I believe. Let's see where it goes. Big money down there. 

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

:owned:

:lol::lol::lol:

Look at You Go Spin Tits. Getting all fucking Giddy about Classic Cars prices falling.  Pathetic. 

I sold my Beemers and made bank. Both are now thousands less than what I got. Zero complaints. 

• Gold Member

Everything has been overpriced, esp after Coofid ... If Cars and Trucks come down , stuff is coming back to reality. 

Doom and Gloom it is not. 

Edited by EvilBird

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Eventually we’re getting into generations that just don’t care about them 

Probably be a few renaissance type bumps in popularity over the next 5-10 years, but yeah....very true. 

35 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I don't get it, are the young millionaires into the old muscle cars?  I just need the price of used 911s to come down, they're friggin ridiculous now

No, it’s boomers still.

The price of restomod broncos has started to level out finally too I noticed at the last auction.  Those are plain absurd.

Neal

38 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

You can't have a sustained 40-50-60%+ jump in lux/sports car prices and expect it to be sustained long term.

Can't ask 50%-100%+ over MSRP on new cars and expect your customers to keep coming back either.

New Z06 order for what was it $90,000 over MSRP?  WTF!

Neal

Kids these days can't afford to get into them even if they wanted. The boomer's made everything so expensive that those old muscle cars are basically unobtainium for the majority of the people who would would carry the torch. 

Basically drove the market through the roof and wonder why there is no new blood lol.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Kids these days can't afford to get into them even if they wanted. The boomer's made everything so expensive that those old muscle cars are basically unobtainium for the majority of the people who would would carry the torch. 

Basically drove the market through the roof and wonder why there is no new blood lol.

I dunno you can get a C8 sport, Supra, top end Camaro or Mustang all for the price of a new 2500 pickup…

Neal 

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

New Z06 order for what was it $90,000 over MSRP?  WTF!

Neal

Want a new 992 GT3?  I've seen them listed for $120k+ over.  What a PTS car?  I've seen 1 as high as $200k over.  

People who are actually paying that when they take a 50% (plus?) haircut on what you paid for the car when/if shit starts to hit the fan. 

Your dealer thanks you.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Want a new 992 GT3?  I've seen them listed for $120k+ over.  What a PTS car?  I've seen 1 as high as $200k over.  

People who are actually paying that when they take a 50% (plus?) haircut on what you paid for the car when/if shit starts to hit the fan. 

Your dealer thanks you.

If you aren’t buying a 2020 or 2021 whatever you want you are a nut!

I always wanted the Vipers to come down in price but after a spin in a Supra I may rather have that…

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

I dunno you can get a C8 sport, Supra, top end Camaro or Mustang all for the price of a new 2500 pickup…

Neal 

That is definitely a major factor. 

The the prices of old muscle cars are silly.

The old generation spent >$2000 buying old cars before the market got hot, put $10,000-$30,000 (if they were lucky) into them and then sell for $100,000+ and stand and wonder why there are no young people doing it.

I have seen rotted out bare chassis gen 1 Camaro's ask $15,000

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

I've been looking to get a car for some auto cross, drag racing, and just something fun. Ive been finding prices are fairly reasonable, I'm not looking for a classic or anything like that though

• Like 1