Student Loan Forgiveness.

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I agree 100% but then why were the PPP loans forgiven? Especially when most of those businesses didn't even need it in the first place. It's amazing how incompetent our govt. is. 

Ppp were not sold as loans...they were sold as free money from the start.

FYI I didn't take it....yet I should have. I would consider it a tax refund.

29 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Ppp were not sold as loans...they were sold as free money from the start.

FYI I didn't take it....yet I should have. I would consider it a tax refund.

I don't think so, they were loans right from the get go and that's why most people hesitated and said no, myself included. I wouldn't call it a tax refund because then every business who didn't take it has it coming also. I didn't take it either, apparently some of us still have morals.

The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), enacted as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), provided small businesses with approximately $800 billion in low-interest uncollateralized loans from April 3, 2020, through May 31, 2021.

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I don't think so, they were loans right from the get go and that's why most people hesitated and said no, myself included. I wouldn't call it a tax refund because then every business who didn't take it has it coming also. I didn't take it either, apparently some of us still have morals.

The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), enacted as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), provided small businesses with approximately $800 billion in low-interest uncollateralized loans from April 3, 2020, through May 31, 2021.

Small Business Administration

MENU

Back to all topics

PPP loan forgiveness

Borrowers may be eligible for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan forgiveness.

Content

First Draw PPP Loan forgiveness terms

Second Draw PPP Loan forgiveness terms

How and when to apply for loan forgiveness

Forgiveness forms and instructions

Information about PPP loan forgiveness in other languages

First Draw PPP loans made to eligible borrowers qualify for full loan forgiveness if during the 8- to 24-week covered period following loan disbursement:

Employee and compensation levels are maintained,

The loan proceeds are spent on payroll costs and other eligible expenses, and

At least 60% of the proceeds are spent on payroll costs.

Second Draw PPP loans made to eligible borrowers qualify for full loan forgiveness if during the 8- to 24-week covered period following loan disbursement:

Employee and compensation levels are maintained in the same manner as required for the First Draw PPP loan,

16 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Just like planned parenthood...the govt money can't go to abortions 🤣

It was sold as free money. Period 

No, if it were sold as free money people would have treated it like the individual stimulus and taken the money. The fact that they were sold as loans made people like you and I skeptical and ultimately having to pay it back even though it would have been at a low interest rate. They were sold as loans from the get go and then later forgiven. The program started in April of 2020, the loans did not actually start to be forgiven until October of 2020.

32 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

No, if it were sold as free money people would have treated it like the individual stimulus and taken the money. The fact that they were sold as loans made people like you and I skeptical and ultimately having to pay it back even though it would have been at a low interest rate. They were sold as loans from the get go and then later forgiven. The program started in April of 2020, the loans did not actually start to be forgiven until October of 2020.

My banker told me it was free money and I didn't take it....stupid me.

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Can you tell us what a woman is?

Yes, but I wouldn’t want to offend anyone. Trump had a pretty good method, just grab their pussy. Works for me but I’m not a billionaire so I’d probably just get slapped.

33 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

They were sold as free money as long as it was spent on payroll rent etc...

18 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Small Business Administration

MENU

Back to all topics

PPP loan forgiveness

Borrowers may be eligible for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan forgiveness.

Content

How and when to apply for loan forgiveness

Forgiveness forms and instructions

Information about PPP loan forgiveness in other languages

First Draw PPP loans made to eligible borrowers qualify for full loan forgiveness if during the 8- to 24-week covered period following loan disbursement:

Employee and compensation levels are maintained,

Second Draw PPP loans made to eligible borrowers qualify for full loan forgiveness if during the 8- to 24-week covered period following loan disbursement:

Employee and compensation levels are maintained in the same manner as required for the First Draw PPP loan,

How about the guy who owns a food truck getting about a million and then investing in the stock market. They caught him and stuck him in jail but how exactly does a roach coach get that kind of money.

Edited by Doomxz600

15 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

A fucking grift to the useless universities promoting gender studies that will only add to inflation.

Fucking morons.

But lets all remember, social security is going bankrupt.

Vote purchasing 101

How's it fair to people that DID pay?

Again, how many people that have been paying the bare minimum on their student loans have also purchased a home, new car and have credit card debt up the wazoo?

I understand there are some that have gotten fucked over, but not all.  

No empathy from me for those who attended Trump University though.  :lol:

On 8/23/2022 at 1:26 PM, snoughnut said:

If you believe these 2 words exist, you're an idiot. The taxpayer/consumer will pay for it in either increased taxes/inflation. 

if i don't take it someone else will.  foolish when you know the system is that way to not take full advantage.  

National Review

Flashback: Nancy Pelosi Said President Lacks Authority to ‘Forgive’ Student Debt

•  

•  

• Nancy Pelosi

• Joe Biden

Diana Glebova
Wed, August 24, 2022 at 1:07 PM

In this article:
  •  

•  

• Nancy Pelosi
    Nancy Pelosi
    Speaker of the United States House of Representatives
  • Joe Biden
    Joe Biden
    President of the United States since 2021

6112543f16c1064f0b1b45db5aec4fc5

In July of 2021, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said President Joe Biden does not have the executive authority to issue “debt forgiveness,” arguing that such action would be illegal and that it has “to be an act of Congress.”

“People think that the President of the United States has the power for debt forgiveness. He does not.  He can postpone. He can delay. But he does not have that power. That has to be an act of Congress,” Pelosi said July 28 at a press conference.

“The President can’t do it. So that’s not even a discussion. Not everybody realizes that. But the President can only postpone, delay, but not forgive,” she added.

She also mentioned how voters would be mad about student loan “forgiveness,”appearing to question whether such a policy would be “fair.”

Pelosi mentioned a scenario where “your child just decided they want to – at this time, not want to go to college, but you’re paying taxes to forgive somebody else’s obligations.”

The Department of Education agreed with Pelosi, arguing in a 2021 memo that the executive branch “does not have the statutory authority to cancel, compromise, discharge, or forgive, on a blanket or mass basis, principal balances of student loans, and/or to materially modify the repayment amounts or terms thereof.”

Despite Pelosi’s remarks, Biden issued an order Wednesday “forgiving” up to $10,000 in federal student debt for individuals making under $125,000 annually and households making under $250,000, as well as relieving $20,000 in debt for Pell grant recipients. His decision marks the biggest loan “cancellation” program in history, and comes months before the midterms.

Asked Tuesday about reports that the announcement would be forthcoming, Pelosi appeared to welcome the news, though she acknowledged that it was unclear where Biden derived the authority for it.

“Well, we’re excited about the president, because we didn’t know what — what authority the president had to do this. And now clearly, it seems he has the authority to do this: $10,000 for those … making under $125,000 a year.”

Pelosi’s office did not immediately respond to an inquiry from National Review, asking if she still stood by those comments.

The next "vote purchasing act" will be in the name of reparations ... I wouldn't put it past this shit hole administration one bit to play that card while they continue to print money like it's going out of style.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

if i don't take it someone else will.  foolish when you know the system is that way to not take full advantage.  

Are you pivoting a bit??? I think you are against the “green” movement and against people getting compensation for doing green stuff like EV’s and solar stuff.  I may have you confused for someone else…