Bolder Junction Beer bar closes indefinitely 8/14/2022

36 minutes ago, Doug said:

See where the Bolder Junction beer bar closed August 14.  I didn't stop in there much but it was always packed with sleds in the winter.

Beer bar.jpg

The world is changing Doug, sad news. 

21 hours ago, Badger** said:

Mike just told me the Skyview Supper Club closed this spring and has not and will not reopen. What do you think? 

Didn't somebody else start running that a while back maybe some relatives.  Didn't hear good things after that.

Things are changing up there.  Some long standings establishments going away.  Always hard to open them back up if ever.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Didn't somebody else start running that a while back maybe some relatives.  Didn't hear good things after that.

Things are changing up there.  Some long standings establishments going away.  Always hard to open them back up if ever.

There are multiple factors involved. Rents have gone up 2x or 3x since covid. A lot of the pre covid service workers have moved away or taken on remote jobs that pay more and have benefits. It's rare that we go anywhere that isn't short staffed or reduces their hours. If you didn't already know, after snowmobile season SkyView closed for spring break (as usual), but they never reopened. They didn't make a public post about it, but that was staffing related also.

Guides Inn owner Jimmy passed away back in Jan / Feb. I believe his son is running that. (The son made that BBB Facebook post). Jimmy was also a part owner in P.I. Pub in Presque Isle, they are still kicking butt.

I sold Jimmy for many years till his son got involved, guess he wanted to do his own thing. 

boomers retiring and the second/third generation don't want to be part of the businesses as it's been run, happens frequently... happened to my favorite pizza parlor this summer.

https://www.wausaudailyherald.com/story/money/2022/05/25/angelos-family-pizzeria-wausau-close-after-50-years/9923762002/