Sled Topic In CE…Let’s Go!

• Platinum Contributing Member
52 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good point!👍🏼

Sounds good and the offtrail around here has almost all disappeared so trails it is.👍🏼

I think the XTX (141) are uncoupled and do a much better job at weight transfer.   I wish mine was a 141. 

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Not much state land here so your former point nails it…we used to have  countless back ways and play areas and the landowners were cool with it…..no fences or signs and we were always respectful…no littering, stayed cool by houses…ect. A couple years back the groomed trail from Charlevoix to EJ was lost because a piece of land changed hands and no reroutes were possible. Not a super big deal as Charlevoix isn’t really snowmobile friendly anyhow.

I miss riding the northern lower in the late 90's - 2000"s  :thumb: 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I think the XTX (141) are uncoupled and do a much better job at weight transfer.   I wish mine was a 141. 

I got the XTX 137 and Scott has the XTX141...

Not just the skid is different but the front end as well... the 137 is a half breed more for the trail segment... coupled and the standard trail sled front end. The 142 is more for the boon docking.... uncoupled and had the mtn sled spindals and stance. Also the 141 comes 2 1/4 track while my 137 has the 1 3/4 lug.

OMD_XTX_LE_137_Red_White_WDP_0004_3Quart

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

These are all used low mile sleds and interested in opinions and input…they serve different purposes and have different strengths and weaknesses and maybe the answer is to buy a couple.👍🏼🤣

2018 Sidewinder XTX

2019 Backcountry XRS

2019 Freeride 137 

Seek help bro.  :lol: 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I miss riding the northern lower in the late 90's - 2000"s  :thumb: 

It really was a blast and when I really got into riding other than when I was a kid…bought a brand new MXZ 583 from Galmores in East Jordan and was in heaven.❄️😎

29 minutes ago, Highmark said:

8398316B-8A47-40F4-A9D7-5E92B6B1D9D2.thumb.jpeg.b2b5470ed664c01c051ff951ae447c6e.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It really was a blast and when I really got into riding other than when I was a kid…bought a brand new MXZ 583 from Galmores in East Jordan and was in heaven.❄️😎

8398316B-8A47-40F4-A9D7-5E92B6B1D9D2.thumb.jpeg.b2b5470ed664c01c051ff951ae447c6e.jpeg

Its an awesome sled.   Never known an owner who was disappointed in its performance. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its an awesome sled.   Never known an owner who was disappointed in its performance. 

Only one I can think of was JT, he hated it, I really didn't get it, he bought an srx and said it sucked in big bumps, I'm sitting there, well it's lowered and is specifically not a big bump sled, it's a groomed trail/lake rocket..But then again he thought the earth was flat..:lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T1R9sledder said:

I have a friend that's got a sidewinder. It's good for him. Me I prefer an old man putt-putt sled. I've got a 2022 Enduro 900R Turbo. For me it's the right blend....

I bought the ultimate geezer sled this year, a Country Squire of the snow if you will.  Expedition Extreme 900 turbo R!  Know of any good rentals 3-4 br in the Millinocket area?

• Like 4

Jim if you’re keeping the Assault, the Sidewinder or even the Doo turbo would be no brainers in terms of variety.  If you’re going to one sled and want the ultimate in versatility, I think the BC would be a no brainer.  Love mine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Just over 4000 miles…good looking sled…

3A0F39DF-E6FD-441A-9E4E-B07280EE7C7F.thumb.png.d5db132137f80e24ab9bb25dda937d2f.png

Exact same as my brothers. Not necessarily impressive stock but you can get cheap tunes for the ACE to make it run like it should 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ACE said:

Exact same as my brothers. Not necessarily impressive stock but you can get cheap tunes for the ACE to make it run like it should 

Did you ever get your's repaired?

On 8/19/2022 at 10:47 AM, T1R9sledder said:

I have a friend that's got a sidewinder. It's good for him. Me I prefer an old man putt-putt sled. I've got a 2022 Enduro 900R Turbo. For me it's the right blend....

Brother has a 19 winder, me a 22 ren xrs 900 r

The cat is faster but the doo is a better all around machine.

rolling start I had him up to about 80 mph, then the cat finds another gear.

the on the fly suspension on the cat does work as advertised.

doo is farther off the ground. Deeper snow the doo is much better.

it is still a cat

Edited by Voodoo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Brother has a 19 winder, me a 22 ren xrs 900 r

The cat is faster but the doo is a better all around machine.

rolling start I had him up to about 80 mph, then the cat finds another gear.

the on the fly suspension on the cat does work as advertised.

doo is farther off the ground. Deeper snow the doo is much better.

it is still a cat

The 900r is the 180 HP version correct?

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The 900r is the 180 HP version correct?

Correct.  

With the 137 it tops out at about 105 mph, in ideal conditions.

No noticeable turbo lag. cable throttle.

Clutching is amazing for stock.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 1:47 PM, Highmark said:

My two buds have winder xtxs at 280 hp.

They ride nice, handle well and have unreal top end. Decent on fuel too.

• Like 1