Sled Topic In CE…Let’s Go!

• Platinum Contributing Member

These are all used low mile sleds and interested in opinions and input…they serve different purposes and have different strengths and weaknesses and maybe the answer is to buy a couple.👍🏼🤣

2018 Sidewinder XTX

2019 Backcountry XRS

2019 Freeride 137 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

For some reason the turbo bug has got in my head and not sure why…first time I’ve considered a 4 Stroke much less a Turbo. 
BTW I didn’t put a Polaris on my list because I have a handle on those.👍🏼

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

For some reason the turbo bug has got in my head and not sure why…first time I’ve considered a 4 Stroke much less a Turbo. 
BTW I didn’t put a Polaris on my list because I have a handle on those.👍🏼

If you're gonna try a four stroke get a boosted one  IMO

Backcountry 146 with some offset spindles is something I always wanted to try

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

If you're gonna try a four stroke get a boosted one  IMO

Backcountry 146 with some offset spindles is something I always wanted to try

Right on…Turbo or nothing and the Backcountry near me has a 1.6 Cobra on it and from what I can tell it’s a direct competitor to the SB Assault.❄️

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

The sidewinder intrigues me but I would want the comfort model for saddlebag trips. 

Right on and they are intriguing…good way to put it.👊🏻

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right on…Turbo or nothing and the Backcountry near me has a 1.6 Cobra on it and from what I can tell it’s a direct competitor to the SB Assault.❄️

Right on and they are intriguing…good way to put it.👊🏻

I think the blue SRX is a pretty sexy sled, I would love to have one. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ACE said:

Sidewinder is a beast 

free ride is kinda a teenagers sled not sure you’d like it 

given his history including dabbling in race sleds it would be perfect IMO.  my last 3 sleds were a pro S 137,  BCXRS and Freeride 137.  Strictly trail sled the Pro S was close to perfection.  I wish the BCXRS had the wide front end then it might fit the bill best.  

Buying a turbo a few years old i'd go with a 150 hp 900T in an XRS,  really a nice sled.  Ergois not as good as a Polaris but better than a Cat for a rider my size.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

They really do look great…this is the one near me…

1FDE7CCC-E9A0-457A-B1D1-A79418F228C8.thumb.png.76409a63492cb70f5d81789962d3fb0f.png

• Like 2

Just now, Angry ginger said:

given his history including dabbling in race sleds it would be perfect IMO.  my last 3 sleds were a pro S 137,  BCXRS and Freeride 137.  Strictly trail sled the Pro S was close to perfection.  I wish the BCXRS had the wide front end then it might fit the bill best.  

Buying a turbo a few years old i'd go with a 150 hp 900T in an XRS,  really a nice sled.  Ergois not as good as a Polaris but better than a Cat for a rider my size.  

Pats up near Ticks place has a nice ProS SB 850…forgot about that one.👊🏻

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Pats up near Ticks place has a nice ProS SB 850…forgot about that one.👊🏻

You have the Assault still to ride also I imagine? 

Id get a Winder if it was me , just to have  a totally different animal. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

I like the color of mine. Mind you not an SRX, but has nice surprise whistle under the hood.

Screenshot_20220819-092936_Facebook.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

You have the Assault still to ride also I imagine? 

Id get a Winder if it was me , just to have  a totally different animal. 

I agree, you got the fun sled already Jim, now add a rocket ship to the arsenal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

These are all used low mile sleds and interested in opinions and input…they serve different purposes and have different strengths and weaknesses and maybe the answer is to buy a couple.👍🏼🤣

2019 Sidewinder XTX

2019 Backcountry XRS

2019 Freeride 137 

Got lots of seat time on the Winder.   Absolutely love the sled for trails and lakes.   Never did much with it off trail but with that much power even with its weight would be fun.

Honestly its what you want most out of a sled.   If you can afford 2 a backup is always desirable.  :bc:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I agree, you got the fun sled already Jim, now add a rocket ship to the arsenal 

Good point!👍🏼

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Got lots of seat time on the Winder.   Absolutely love the sled for trails and lakes.   Never did much with it off trail but with that much power even with its weight would be fun.

Honestly its what you want most out of a sled.   If you can afford 2 a backup is always desirable.  :bc:

Sounds good and the offtrail around here has almost all disappeared so trails it is.👍🏼

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sounds good and the offtrail around here has almost all disappeared so trails it is.👍🏼

Yep and it sucks! Either lack of snow, citiots moving north buying up land and and fencing everything in or people tearing up the few spots left of state land

• Like 1

• Gold Member

My vote sidewinder 👍. I never liked my buds old backcountry he’s on a 900t now. My other buds winder is the perfect big trail sled it’s fast handles good rides smooth. It’s been reliable too besides a loose coolant clamp when he first picked it up no issues since.

39 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I like the color of mine. Mind you not an SRX, but has nice surprise whistle under the hood.

Screenshot_20220819-092936_Facebook.jpg

Bud has same color I believe. His is a 2020. It looks really nice in person pics don’t show the color good.

E3AC1DF9-9160-4A2B-BC4B-48933650A14E.png

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good point!👍🏼

I am wondering how long it will be before snowmobiles get targeted for environmental terrorism. The green crowd has never been fans of our oil burners. 

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yep and it sucks! Either lack of snow, citiots moving north buying up land and and fencing everything in or people tearing up the few spots left of state land

Not much state land here so your former point nails it…we used to have  countless back ways and play areas and the landowners were cool with it…..no fences or signs and we were always respectful…no littering, stayed cool by houses…ect. A couple years back the groomed trail from Charlevoix to EJ was lost because a piece of land changed hands and no reroutes were possible. Not a super big deal as Charlevoix isn’t really snowmobile friendly anyhow.

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

I am wondering how long it will be before snowmobiles get targeted for environmental terrorism. The green crowd has never been fans of our oil burners. 

Sooner rather than later IMO.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sooner rather than later IMO.

oh yeah, outboards, us, anything that smokes is in jeopardy. they will try 12.00 gas first, but when they see us still riding the plot will change. only thing supporting us is the revenue taken in by the areas we ride. but we have seen the greenies give the finger to that too. only sleds allowed will be the ones used to save lost hikers or xcountry skiers

• Like 1