Childhood obesity rates are up because of...

Rod

Yup, every time I walk thru an American wal-mart,  the majority of young kids are twice the size they should be. That,s what happens when lazy parents use phones,  ipads and tv to entertain their kids, instead of getting them outside, and doing physical activity. Even walking a mile or so with them, without their phones, would be a good start. If they don,t do anything to get the heart rate above the slow normal, they are going to continue packing on the pounds.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Yup, every time I walk thru an American wal-mart,  the majority of young kids are twice the size they should be. That,s what happens when lazy parents use phones,  ipads and tv to entertain their kids, instead of getting them outside, and doing physical activity. Even walking a mile or so with them, without their phones, would be a good start. If they don,t do anything to get the heart rate above the slow normal, they are going to continue packing on the pounds.

So are the adults. If you ever want to see a very poor representation of the human species go to Pigeon Forge Tennessee. Its like a metformin convention

• Like 1

• USA Contributing Member

Biden to impose fat kid tax on middle class to help fight obesity issues with todays youth.  Legislation will include subsidies for EV's, roof top solar, and backyard windmills.  Solar will require a new roof regardless of current condition and a windmill needs a minimal 4 acre cleared area not including dwelling(s).  Any remaining funding will be moved to the nondiscretionary democratic support fund in which Hillary Clinton will chair.  This will include leftover funding from the inflation thing that is in the works as well.     

Cell phones, video games, iPads, junk food. Spoiled, lazy.

We played baseball, rode our bikes, bb guns, fished, built camps, ATVs/ dirt bike, canoe and swam all summer.

Played hockey, skidoo, slide, ski and build snow forts all winter.

We were never home and our parents NEVER drove us anywhere.

Our parents never cut the grass, took out the garbage or shoveled/ blew any snow. That was our job.

This is the difference.

Edited by awful knawful
  • Like 8

no chance the golden arches are a factor? they forget that we rarely ate that shit . it just wasn't around . we had a dairy queen, but our parents didn't take us there all the time. rarely was more like it. a lot less processed food in general , we had little junk food, zero soda, and a shitload of exercise . what we did then as normal life is what heavy people need today. no special anything, just the old way. i knew a fat guy , said he ate 6 big macs at a shot. now he has health issues. the temp outside is a total bullshit story

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Yup, every time I walk thru an American wal-mart,  the majority of young kids are twice the size they should be. That,s what happens when lazy parents use phones,  ipads and tv to entertain their kids, instead of getting them outside, and doing physical activity.

Walked over 10mi today with my 11 & 13 year old.  Saw plenty of seriously obese limpers all over.  Everything I hate about WI the South is full of.  Crazy how lazy people are.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Walked over 10mi today with my 11 & 13 year old.  Saw plenty of seriously obese limpers all over.  Everything I hate about WI the South is full of.  Crazy how lazy people are.

I walked around Six Flags today with the kids. around 8 miles....lotta old folks way outta shape. and lots of younger ones also . Americans just eat to much . this did not start recently . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I walked around Six Flags today with the kids. around 8 miles....lotta old folks way outta shape. and lots of younger ones also . Americans just eat to much . this did not start recently . 

We walked 3mi to dinner on the way back we got a lot of flac about grabbing a lyft