Bearing grease

Doug

Mobil 1  Red Synthetic grease...hasn't failed me yet....use it in all wheel bearings, fittings etc....

Have some outdated Valvoline Synthetic Aviation bearing grease.....  probably never run out of grease for the bearings....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Doug said:

Had to laugh over on HCS where Tricky Ricky is also using a deflector now.  Never mentioned anything about it until you posted about it.  By next year it will be something he developed and will be selling them.

Thanks for your original idea and pics  :good:

Yeah, I saw that... I was kind in my response to that 500 word essay he wrote about all his testing, and how his $140 "kit" now includes a bearing deflector.  :smack:

So for basically less than half of what he charges, you can do what I did, WITH a new bearing and have good results.  (I did cheat and pull and re-use the same bearing on my 2021, which now has 11k on it)

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Yeah, I saw that... I was kind in my response to that 500 word essay he wrote about all his testing, and how his $140 "kit" now includes a bearing deflector.  :smack:

So for basically less than half of what he charges, you can do what I did, WITH a new bearing and have good results.  (I did cheat and pull and re-use the same bearing on my 2021, which now has 11k on it)

Not a Rick fan with his wacked out responses most of the time.  More like commercial you'd see at 3 AM and his numbers and claims are constantly changing.   Does have some decent sled knowledge but is by no means the sled God.

15 hours ago, Deephaven said:

So before Rick tries to sell me one, what did you use for a deflector?

Stock $14.99 jackshaft deflector drilled out to 1 1/4”

1B7E07C0-7CAA-4332-87BF-DAA4C191E3F0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...