Hay Days 2022

Never been to it, worth it?

Kinda interested in seeing the new Cat's... and maybe the iPad lady.  

Not a fan of wandering through a huge junk collection any longer, which is what Iola became.  

Convince me it's worth seeing once... 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

The days of the good deals are long past, with most everyone finding the same/better pricing online and shipped right to your house ... so that part of the experience is pretty much dead.  The swap area might land you something, but be prepared to walk through lots of JUNK (and a lot of it isn't even sled related stuff).  I'm with @mnstang on the idea of not driving too far to attend it.  I'm only 2 hours away and even I have a hard time justifying going now.  But, there's no denying it's the official kick off to winter/snowmobile season, so it scratches the itch.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the big air guys (jumping snowmobiles), the ATV races, the big merchandise displays, the ATV demo mud pit, and the manufacturer displays.  It was fun, and I plan to do it again.

I tried the swap meet, but it's just too big and took too much time.  Plus, it helps to be looking for something specific, which I wasn't.

Would be nice to see the new Cat unveiling and actually see the other brands in person.

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Not a fan of wandering through a huge junk collection any longer, which is what Iola became.  

It’s not worth the 50 bucks admission to go IMO. Unless there is something really unique you really to need see or something rare you need scour the flea market for then it might be worth going. Most of the actors in the cat booth are sub contracted from a marketing firm. Same ones that gave us the can coosie in their hidden tent at isoc 

Edited by Not greg b

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

It’s not worth the 50 bucks admission to go IMO. Unless there is something really unique you really to need see or something rare you need scour the flea market for then it might be worth going. 

I forgot to mention that, too ... yep, between parking and admission (which is generally $20 and $30 respectively) it's gotten kinda ridiculous.

I've been there ONCE.  I get it, its a snowmobile event, and there are lots of things and people to see.  It does get the blood pumping.  I hope anyone who goes has a great time.  

• Like 2

Buddy just picked up some stuff he's taking to Haydays for me and has been loading they're trailers for a couple days now. They actually take 4 spots in the swap meet.  It use to be like the start of the season, seeing the new sleds getting good deals on parts, nice used sleds for sale.  He said now its turning into more of a community rummage sale.  He has all sled parts and the guy down from him last year was selling a used screen door and used windows that came out of a house being torn down.  Guys bring sleds that had been sitting outside for it looks like years and just plain junk.  On Sunday guys were picking up and just leaving some of the junk there that didn't sell.  He still makes out decent as he's been doing this for a number of years but said it's no where near what it use to be.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

If you've never been there it's worth at least one trip.

28 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

What about Princeton?  I've never done that, and it sounds like maybe I should.

Some of the bigger vendors are there so you can get first dibs on the haydays stuff. Racing is good and a lot less garbage in the swap. Swap is mostly older stuff there. Very good event 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, p51mstg said:

What about Princeton?  I've never done that, and it sounds like maybe I should.

Princeton is awesome, we never miss it.  Haven't been to haydays in around ten years but always go to Princeton.  We like the swap 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The new Cat's are the only actual temptation.  

There will be more info on line at 1:10pm than haydays. Usually when they release a new sled they keep it up on stage and don’t let people near it 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The new Cat's are the only actual temptation.  

Look at it as going to the Iola car show.  It's worth at least one trip if you never been there.  Even if your only a Chevy guy your still going to appreciate some of the Fords, dodges, Oldsmobile's etc that are there.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Doug said:

Look at it as going to the Iola car show.  It's worth at least one trip if you never been there.  Even if your only a Chevy guy your still going to appreciate some of the Fords, dodges, Oldsmobile's etc that are there.

That's what I like about swap meets, almost never looking to buy anything but guaranteed to stop and look at alot of cool stuff.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Doug said:

Couldn't agree more, Iola is quite a show!

On 8/15/2022 at 11:31 AM, Bontz said:

The days of the good deals are long past, with most everyone finding the same/better pricing online and shipped right to your house ... so that part of the experience is pretty much dead.  The swap area might land you something, but be prepared to walk through lots of JUNK (and a lot of it isn't even sled related stuff).  I'm with @mnstang on the idea of not driving too far to attend it.  I'm only 2 hours away and even I have a hard time justifying going now.  But, there's no denying it's the official kick off to winter/snowmobile season, so it scratches the itch.

Not true . Friday is the day I got new fisting bibs and jacket for about 80% off last yr. The dealers have there shit set up by tue Friday they will sell out the side door . By sat opening most of the best deals are gone to other vendors and snappers. 

Fri is hands down the day to be there  no one gives a fuck about driving sxs around bands at night . . Sat night pretty tame every one over 30 is spent from Fri night lol .

I did score a vendor sxs pass this yr . Pretty stoked about that 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 11:09 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Who gives a fuck go or don't.  It is only the biggest snomobile event in the fucking world . I van see why it would be such a hard decision.  I mean when you could stay home and watch the wife watch TV. 

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2022 at 7:41 AM, mnstang said:

Princeton is awesome, we never miss it.  Haven't been to haydays in around ten years but always go to Princeton.  We like the swap 

It is worth a trip if it has been 10 yrs for you . They really have the shit in order at the new site 

52 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Not true . Friday is the day I got new fisting bibs and jacket for about 80% off last yr. The dealers have there shit set up by tue Friday they will sell out the side door . By sat opening most of the best deals are gone to other vendors and snappers. 

Fri is hands down the day to be there  no one gives a fuck about driving sxs around bands at night . . Sat night pretty tame every one over 30 is spent from Fri night lol .

I did score a vendor sxs pass this yr . Pretty stoked about that 

Pre-kids and Super Nats, we had some pretty rocking trailer parties on Saturday night.  

Got shut down by the sheriff's department one year.  Not sure how many people we had in the trailer, it was standing room only.

We'd always score up a dealers/vendor's pass instead of a swapper's pass.  Had free range of the place any time any where.

Hit up the FXR and Fox parties, etc.