Procross brake pad options

mnstang

I have noticed the brake pads for the sx and xc sleds are different.  Does anyone have experience with them and how they differ from the consumer sled brake pads?

Also, I have really liked how the older sleds with jackshaft brakes offer a little whining noise when braking, I liked hearing that feedback it helped me modulate them.  I'm not sure if that noise came from the brakes themselves or if that was noise from the chain case but is there any brakes for procross that offer some kind of noise feedback like that?

On 8/14/2022 at 11:12 PM, mnstang said:

I have noticed the brake pads for the sx and xc sleds are different.  Does anyone have experience with them and how they differ from the consumer sled brake pads?

Also, I have really liked how the older sleds with jackshaft brakes offer a little whining noise when braking, I liked hearing that feedback it helped me modulate them.  I'm not sure if that noise came from the brakes themselves or if that was noise from the chain case but is there any brakes for procross that offer some kind of noise feedback like that?

Do you have any rr based sleds?? The brakes are closer to the old wilwoods because of the brake disc. It’s not as spongy as the standard brakes on the non rr sleds. The new master cylinder also helps out on the 19+

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Do you have any rr based sleds?? The brakes are closer to the old wilwoods because of the brake disc. It’s not as spongy as the standard brakes on the non rr sleds. The new master cylinder also helps out on the 19+

I have a Roger Skime sled that I haven't ridden yet but it has the RR wave rotor.  I haven't rode this sled yet so I don't know what it's like.

But I noticed the xc and sx sleds use a different pad that is twice the $$.  Do you know what the difference is there?

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

I have a Roger Skime sled that I haven't ridden yet but it has the RR wave rotor.  I haven't rode this sled yet so I don't know what it's like.

But I noticed the xc and sx sleds use a different pad that is twice the $$.  Do you know what the difference is there?

I don’t. If you dig deep enough on Hcs 2lapsdown had a post on the differences a few years back. 

On 8/16/2022 at 8:37 AM, Not greg b said:

I don’t. If you dig deep enough on Hcs 2lapsdown had a post on the differences a few years back. 

Probably a different compound that requires more frequent replacement.  I would imagine the best compound for stopping is whatever they use for lake races, if there's a difference.  An rxc race manual might divulge more information?

Whatever Ishoel uses, warps brake rotors and superheats the fluid.  😂