Anybody run this in their outboard?

4 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

I didn't know that the floor I stand on is made of fiberglass solid as a rock

Then someone redid it which is good cause maybe they redid some of the other problem areas. I’m nit hammering you....just saying all old boats have wood in them somewhere 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So which older Center Consoles are all glass….any of them?

Nope , no boat from that vintage has zero wood ...they all had some somewhere. I bought a boat built in 1986 and part of that reason was the stringers and structural components were foam cores. There is still a lot of wood in the boat but non of it structural 

• Thanks 1

they all had a wood core in the transom some in the stringers also. use a wooden hammer handle to sound the hull. if its soft it will sound different. i would at least reseal the drain plug and any screws for a transducer.. use 3m 5200. if thats a 185 that was rated at the crank not the prop. the cross flow pretty much has the intake and exhaust port across from each other. a high dome on one side of the piston makes it all work. fuel burn wot close to 20 gph? if it turns out you really like the boat look around for a 150 etec. quite no smoke and burn half the fuel

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snowstorm said:

they all had a wood core in the transom some in the stringers also. use a wooden hammer handle to sound the hull. if its soft it will sound different. i would at least reseal the drain plug and any screws for a transducer.. use 3m 5200. if thats a 185 that was rated at the crank not the prop. the cross flow pretty much has the intake and exhaust port across from each other. a high dome on one side of the piston makes it all work. fuel burn wot close to 20 gph? if it turns out you really like the boat look around for a 150 etec. quite no smoke and burn half the fuel

Was thinking a Merc if i need to replace the motor someday