Snowmobile storage racks

Puzzleboy

On 3/15/2017 at 9:09 AM, Sksman said:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-boat-parts-trailer-accessories/peterborough/boat-lift/1244257023?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

couple modifications to this unit and store 2 on top and 2 below if it lifts high enough.

They're asking enough for that 1500 Lb'r, considering the shape it's in, but they just might get it depending if they are still in high demand.

This is my storage rack. Works great for for my needs and was under a $100 from Princess Auto. :thumb:

IMG_0161 (Large).JPG

10 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Gonna be hard to get anything other than Red Rocket's sled underneath, though.....

I know it's not what you and others are looking for. Just showing what I use to store my Vector. The XLT gets put in the trailer and is stored in a big indoor shop. 

If I personally owned said shop, I could make a killing with storage fees. (shop behind me in this pic)

HPIM0413 (Large).JPG

IMG_0170 (Large).JPG

36 minutes ago, Garth said:

How is the screw jack holding up on your lift irv? I have one of those and the jack is getting rough with little use. 

You need to take it apart and regrease it. Mine was doing the same and when I took it apart, it looked someone just threw a gob a grease at it from across the room. 

It's easy to do, and mine works a hell of a lot better now that I have grease on the threads. :thumb:

Yes that's exactly what seems to be the case. I will have to grease it. 

I also have a ho made Mar lift copy with a cable winch. That one works great but do have to swap the cable every few years. 

24 minutes ago, Garth said:

Yes that's exactly what seems to be the case. I will have to grease it. 

I also have a ho made Mar lift copy with a cable winch. That one works great but do have to swap the cable every few years. 

I looked into those before I purchased the PA one. They are nice units but I remember them being pricey, and I think I could only get one out Ottawa way? IIRC, they were also being discontinued? 4-5 yrs now with my PA one and so far so good. The Royal ones were also pricey, for what you got. I looked at those as well but really doubted they'd hold up my Vector? 

5 minutes ago, Garth said:

Yes I bought the one I have used. They are way expensive new that's why I went with the PA as my second one. It was on sale for a good price. It really is a good lift for the money.

I purchased mine, on sale, for under $150 dollars, then a couple months later I seen them on sale again for below that amount. I took my bill in, with only a day or two to spare, and ended getting it, all said and done, for around $68 dollars, iirc. 

When I was assembling it, I was bit concerned about the shoddy, likely Chinese hardware that came with it, but they tightened up nicely and are holding up surprisingly well, so far! 

Yep, it's hard to get those 8 year old Chinese kids to build quality anymore.  Just let PA know; they'll inform the factory, and have those slackers executed out back.....

3 hours ago, Garth said:

How is the screw jack holding up on your lift irv? I have one of those and the jack is getting rough with little use. 

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Cool.  Did you build it, or buy it complete?  I saw one like that online where the top shelf pivots and doubles as the ramp for the upper level. 

Built it, ya I wish I saw the one that pivots earlier. Although its no big deal getting the top sled up there.  I have a pulley system.

9 hours ago, Taillight said:

LOL with the size of your garage, cleanliness and organization i bet i was the not the  only one who got wood ! I have only seen 1 other garage better than yours (in holland landing)

Lol.  Thanks I do spend a lot of time out there pretending to do shit. IMG_20170503_163406.thumb.jpg.4dda5342efb94bc1e34c744b8dfdee1d.jpg