Are you better off now than 2 years ago?

Pete

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Pete said:

Are ‘we’.. the USA.. better off than ‘we’ were 2 years ago?

I'd have to agree with spin. Much better off today. Had you said 3 yrs. Most definitely not.

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well, there's 30 - 40% of Biden voters that approve of his performance............jesus christ that's terrifying. :lmao:

• Sad 1

Yes, but I'm sure that's not the norm.

I've planned well for social collapse, many have not or have not been in a position to.

Wish we had better politicians though.

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

TDS'ers:  "Hell yes we are, it's a no brainer with Trump and the GOP out of the way!"

Non TDS'ers:  "Outside of COVID lockdowns no longer being in place, no.  Common sense tells you that by simply looking at the economy.  We're in a fucking recession."

Me, on an individual level for me and my family vs. "we" as a country?  Not really better, not really worse.  I've still got a very well paying job and we're able to pay the bills and afford toys & having fun.  It's pretty amazing how decent things seem to be if turning off the news, and social media for a couple days.

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 7

No, I've put on 15lbs since starting a new desk job in 2020.  Our dog is getting older and more expensive.  Daughter has a boyfriend and is close to getting her drivers license. 

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!!

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold Member

Im personally doing about the Same. 

The lockdown and pandemic didnt really effect me, I still did 90% of what I wanted too do with the only exception being some entertainment was closed and I refused to do anything where I would have to wear a face diaper. 

Costs today on everything are way up. I was just buying the kids school supplies and clothes last week and it has NEVER costed us this much. Food is still super expensive for a family of five also . However we are making a little more money thankfully so I guess it balanced out. If the costs stayed the same we would have been ahead ¬¬

• Like 1

I think better or worse is an over simplification of the mood about our current president and his political party.  As much as some may have not liked Trump I think there are more now that just feel our current president is incompetent.  I do think from reading some of the polls fine print that voters hold the DNC in some sort of fault for putting Joe in office.  The democrat congress has done little to improve the situation over their tenure.  Time for a pendulum swing. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think better or worse is an over simplification of the mood about our current president and his political party.  As much as some may have not liked Trump I think there are more now that just feel our current president is incompetent.  I do think from reading some of the polls fine print that voters hold the DNC in some sort of fault for putting Joe in office.  The democrat congress has done little to improve the situation over their tenure.  Time for a pendulum swing. 

federal reserve constantly fucking up since 2009 and trillions upon trillions of stimulus by DJT, Biden and our elected officials... deserve the inflation blame layed squarely at their feet.  it's not JUST Trump's fault, or JUST Bidens fault, there's blame for all branches of government.

clueless rubes blame presidents for all their troubles 

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

federal reserve constantly fucking up since 2009 and trillions upon trillions of stimulus by DJT, Biden and our elected officials... deserve the inflation blame layed squarely at their feet.  it's not JUST Trump's fault, or JUST Bidens fault, there's blame for all branches of government.

clueless rubes blame presidents for all their troubles 

I don't think people blame Biden they just see him as incompetent. The Dems have the levers of power and in the last two years have done little if anything to improve the situation and I think the voters see it.