Kohler v twin , not getting fuel.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

pump2.jpg

Part # is 2455910s, retail is $139.60, I'd sell it to you for $83.76,..I have 67 of them in stock. I think from Syracuse to you is 1-2 days 

IMG_20220810_091718515.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Part # is 2455910s, retail is $139.60, I'd sell it to you for $83.76,..I have 67 of them in stock. I think from Syracuse to you is 1-2 days 

IMG_20220810_091718515.jpg

Go to pm  , no seriously

• Haha 4

Is that one new enough to have fuel shut off solinoide in the carb? Back in the 90s I would see them go bad all the time. I have been away from that business for a long time now

Edited by Not greg b

11 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Let me know, maybe diaphragm pump

My JD x730 has a liquid cooled vtwin Kawie motor that lately starts cutting out and blowing black smoke whenever I start going down hill.  I defeated the safety switches, put a new fuel and air filter on, no changes.  Checked connections, nothing.  Next on the list would be a fuel pump or regulator.  Each part is about 140 bucks.  Any clues?

Easy Test - use Compressed Air ..

1.  Disconnect rubber line before carb...   Blow air to open needle + seat . .. should hear air rushing into fuel bowl.

2.  Blow air into fuel tank , pressurizing fuel tank... This will prime system + fill carb ...you should hear fuel in carb.

3.  Try starting

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My JD x730 has a liquid cooled vtwin Kawie motor that lately starts cutting out and blowing black smoke whenever I start going down hill.  I defeated the safety switches, put a new fuel and air filter on, no changes.  Checked connections, nothing.  Next on the list would be a fuel pump or regulator.  Each part is about 140 bucks.  Any clues?

What color is the smoke? White is coolant, blue is oil? Check to make sure oil is not over filled, also smell the oil, see if it smells like fuel.  Is the mower ever trailered?

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

What color is the smoke? White is coolant, blue is oil? Check to make sure oil is not over filled, also smell the oil, see if it smells like fuel.  Is the mower ever trailered?

No tractor just sits in my shed.  Smoke looks black to me not blue or white.  Oil levels normal.  Havent smelled it though.  

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No tractor just sits in my shed.  Smoke looks black to me not blue or white.  Oil levels normal.  Havent smelled it though.  

Give it a whiff and let me know if it smells like fuel. Do you know how many hours are on it? I think at 500 hours kawi recommends valve adjustment, black smoke would be fuel

On 8/10/2022 at 10:40 AM, Rigid1 said:

Give it a whiff and let me know if it smells like fuel. Do you know how many hours are on it? I think at 500 hours kawi recommends valve adjustment, black smoke would be fuel

Just under 200 hrs.  Would a bad fuel pump or regulator perhaps cause that?

6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Just under 200 hrs.  Would a bad fuel pump or regulator perhaps cause that?

So that's real low hours, I doubt it's a valve issue. Did you smell the dip stick? Smell like gas?

On 8/10/2022 at 9:22 AM, ICG said:

Easy Test - use Compressed Air ..

1.  Disconnect rubber line before carb...   Blow air to open needle + seat . .. should hear air rushing into fuel bowl.

2.  Blow air into fuel tank , pressurizing fuel tank... This will prime system + fill carb ...you should hear fuel in carb.

3.  Try starting

This.   I have had blockages in the tank before with mine.    Took gas cap off and blew air through before the filter.    Also check the solenoid on btm of the bowl.   Opens when you hit the key.  Should hear a click  

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You dont sell deere do you?

I can get some things, blades, belts, pulleys, some engine parts if I'm able to look it up..They block some engine stuff.. What you looking for??