BRP pushes forward with EV plan revealing all-electric CAN-AM Motorcycles

ckf

Full article https://thepack.news/newsflash-brp-pushes-forward-with-ev-plan-revealing-all-electric-can-am-motorcycles/

BRP unveils the first two models of its Can-Am all-electric motorcycle lineup, the Can-Am Origin and Can-Am Pulse. Building on its motorcycle legacy, BRP is changing the power dynamic and opening the road to a new generation of riders and electric vehicle enthusiasts. These 2 new products will be available in mid-2024.

Can-Am Pulse - Can-Am Origin - THE PACK - Electric Motorcycle News - BRP
Can-Am unveils the first two models of its all-electric motorcycle lineup, the Can-Am Origin and Can-Am Pulse. ©BRP 2022 (CNW Group/BRP Inc.)

“Today, our story of innovation reaches new heights with the reveal of market-shaping electric products that will enhance consumer experience on the road, ” said José Boisjoli, President and CEO of BRP. “Half a century ago, Can-Am roared to victory on the track and the trail, and today, a new legacy begins. With the Can-Am Origin and Can-Am Pulse, the first two models of our electric 2-wheel family, we are gearing up to reclaim our motorcycle heritage by crafting thrilling riding experiences for a whole new generation.”

• Platinum Contributing Member
47 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

weird looking bikes. 

id buy a EV bike before a EV pickup truck personally 

Same....my next UTV will likely be an electric.   It simply fits how I like to use them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

E bikes outsold electric cars last year

I know a few people who have them.  My one neighbor rides A LOT in the summer, and he said it has opened up his ‘travels’ on the bike.  Hills and wind don’t bother him at all anymore, just adjust the amount of ‘assist’ you want to pedal the same as flat ground or windless days.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I know a few people who have them.  My one neighbor rides A LOT in the summer, and he said it has opened up his ‘travels’ on the bike.  Hills and wind don’t bother him at all anymore, just adjust the amount of ‘assist’ you want to pedal the same as flat ground or windless days.

I think the eMTB would get me out riding more if I finally went out and bought one. For now I have non E assist versions I haven't been using this summer :sad: 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Just pay the price. Do you need a trinket like a star or free tax credit to flash about?

Butt hurt?

asking what a rebate is, is nothing like looking to buy influence in the pecking order here.

10 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Butt hurt?

asking what a rebate is, is nothing like looking to buy influence in the pecking order here.

Don't question... just pay!!!!!!

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, Doorider said:

BRP is really pushing a lot of cool new stuff. Switch pontoons and now a new Manitou tritoon with a crazy new outboard

https://www.manitoupontoonboats.com/us/en/models/new-generation.html

Just for giggles I priced out the top of the line boat... $317K+   :lol:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, snowstorm said:

so thats sort of a 4 stroke evinrude. well rude lower unit at least

Yeah I thought the ETEC outboards went away. Is this a newer version? 

We went to an e-bike  place for a looksee and they had scooter style ones that looked pretty sharp but didn't have a great range distance wise. They had electric sport bikes that looked like a realistic motorcycle for $4K and the guy was saying they'll do 90 MPH. 

Edited by smokin george

26 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yeah I thought the ETEC outboards went away. Is this a newer version? 

Apparently it's just a BRP outboard now, not calling it Evinrude, but it an ETEC. Says no oil changes or scheduled maintenance for 5 years plus push button winderization. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
50 minutes ago, Doorider said:

Apparently it's just a BRP outboard now, not calling it Evinrude, but it an ETEC. Says no oil changes or scheduled maintenance for 5 years plus push button winderization. 

Yep :thumb:

Muy bud a a zero fx . More or less a dirt road bike . They sat 48 mi he says it us done in about 30 if riding like any one not trying to get max mi out of it .

I took it for a short rip last yr . Pretty fun bike but to top heavy for any real singel track ridding imho .

If BRp can get on to run a real 60 mi with out adding a extra heavy ass battery I would test run it for a trail bike/run around the hood bike 

• Like 1