Free pass/lockage for 2017

2strokemerc

1 hour ago, Garth said:

Busy will be an understatement.  There will also be all manner of inexperienced people using the locks.. make sure ya ready for em.

I imagine there will be a lot of people like me that have boats, but have never been on the Trent, going thru the locks just to say they did.

Yes but you are likely capable of controling your vessel in tight quarters. Many dock smashers out there that are completely incapable. Beware they have your pristine gelcoat in their sights, you will make a great fender as opposed to the concrete wall..

• Like 1

Beausoleil island (Georgian Bay) main beach with a nice sand bottom, lower circle, Treasure Bay gets shallow, watch the depth, middle circle, Frying Pan Bay, very sheltered and popular, upper circle, and a whole bunch of docks around the east side of the island which will be free this year since it's a National Park.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.ca6d95a6b60c0720192788ad9e632324.JPG

Little Lake Gloucester Pool above lock 45 on the Trent. Burrows Bay, lower circle and Buena Vista upper circle, are designated anchorages on navigation charts. On a nice weekend you will see lots of boats there for the day that usually clear out around dinner time. A few will spend the night. Crazy lady will come out and yell at people from time to time for dropping anchor in front of her cottage (the one in the north west corner of the bay). I guess she should have checked before she bought the property and built there.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.79b0bc3c314b18f6cda34b19334757be.JPG

Penetang Bay in front of Kings Wharf Theatre and Discovery Harbour behind Magazine Island. Usually a couple of boats anchored over night.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.56f3a389ef2bbef7f7c311b0cd83d1c5.JPG

White's Falls. Top end of Gloucester Pool where Six Mile Lake flows into Gloucester Pool. Popular weekend spot in particular. People arrive by boat and car to enjoy the falls and sit in the flowing water or swim.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.d2560cae8fdaf042c9a032ac61f1a9f2.JPG

Edited by 02sled

1 hour ago, gtserider said:

Most of those moorages are busy at the best of times. I can't imagine what it well be like this year.You missed Bone island it is always busy.

They are indeed busy. The best most sheltered spots always are. Good catch. I forgot about Bone Island. I've only pulled in there once and that was about 25 years ago.

2 hours ago, odot1 said:

Pigeon Lake sandbar...  Below Bobcaygeon, above Buckhorn.  2-4ft, very sandy bottom (obviously). 

sandbar.thumb.jpg.7cd78bf145c5c03bc32af95312d95dff.jpg

Whats the brown smagma at the bottom.I hate the Kawarthas.Way to many weeds and questionable water quality. You really need to get up to Georgian Bay this summer.Giant Tomb for an afternoon or out to Western islands for a quite overnight.

• Like 1