Old school

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Hard to believe how much better materials were used back then.

Couldn't pass it up, with all the shit I have planted in the last 25 years it's getting tough to mow around stuff with the Kubota, and needed something smaller, was going to look at a zero turn then this popped up so I bought it, mowed twice and no issues at all, now I can pull the deck from the Kubota and use it as a tractor 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Nice 👍. A real Deere no cheap plastic on that

I foolishly sold my 110 when I bought my Kubota and regretted it since so when this popped up I went for it, thought I was going to bid higher, and was prepared to, the auction is a 2 day affair and day 1 is online only,but they changed end time from 4pm to 2 so this item ended at 2 pm and that's why I think I got it so low, last few have gone $800-1K

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Couldn't pass it up, with all the shit I have planted in the last 25 years it's getting tough to mow around stuff with the Kubota, and needed something smaller, was going to look at a zero turn then this popped up so I bought it, mowed twice and no issues at all, now I can pull the deck from the Kubota and use it as a tractor 

The old wheelhorse garden tractors with the rear discharge and cast iron front axles and engines still bring good money around here. They mow well and are pretty much bulletproof.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I foolishly sold my 110 when I bought my Kubota and regretted it since so when this popped up I went for it, thought I was going to bid higher, and was prepared to, the auction is a 2 day affair and day 1 is online only,but they changed end time from 4pm to 2 so this item ended at 2 pm and that's why I think I got it so low, last few have gone $800-1K

Was your 110 a round fender? You definitely got a smoking deal on the 210. I had a 140 h3 prior to my current 420 I wish I kept the h3 it was a cool little tractor.

29 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Was your 110 a round fender? You definitely got a smoking deal on the 210. I had a 140 h3 prior to my current 420 I wish I kept the h3 it was a cool little tractor.

No late square fender, last series before they changed to the 200 series I would guess '73. loved the h3, best tractor they ever built next to the 318

Edited by 01mxz800
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

No late square fender, last series before they changed to the 200 series I would guess '73. loved the h3, best tractor they ever built next to the 318

Had one growing up!  :bc:

14 hours ago, 1jkw said:

The old wheelhorse garden tractors with the rear discharge and cast iron front axles and engines still bring good money around here. They mow well and are pretty much bulletproof.

The old cubs, J.D.'s and wheel Horse were tanks this stuff now a days is just junk.

• Like 2

I have a old MTD gold series I picked up years ago.  It is a beast.  Kids got me a new plastic Cub cadet.  I can’t part with the MTD . Wife is all over me about getting rid of that old tractor. 

17 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Got to love a 45 year $230 auction find can still do what it was built to do and do it better than a new one, just needed grease and gas, can't kill a cast iron Kohler one lunger

20220805_180703.jpg

Good score!  I have a JD X730, modern design, but still built like a tank, unlike the Home Cheapo models.

92689846_10222634097431116_476362008279646208_n.thumb.jpg.085aeae045e36e94fdc02c78dbe697b8.jpg

16 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Dad had a couple Wheelhorses growing up, and I had a 520 LXI with a liquid cooled Kawie motor.  Rugged machine, and even though they don't make them anymore, I got 3500 for mine, and it was 13 years old.  Paid about 5500 for it new.  Bro and I in 1965.  :lol: 

11138624_10206699501236170_3568433824764447392_n.jpg.0a43a3709b36b182d5d3753d2243d273.jpg

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, hayward said:

Get that orange rice-burner away from that classic american made green!

NOW!!!!1111

Never! That COAL burner is half the age of the green machine  they are team mates in getting shit done:guzzle:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Good score!  I have a JD X730, modern design, but still built like a tank, unlike the Home Cheapo models.

92689846_10222634097431116_476362008279646208_n.thumb.jpg.085aeae045e36e94fdc02c78dbe697b8.jpg

Dad had a couple Wheelhorses growing up, and I had a 520 LXI with a liquid cooled Kawie motor.  Rugged machine, and even though they don't make them anymore, I got 3500 for mine, and it was 13 years old.  Paid about 5500 for it new.  Bro and I in 1965.  :lol: 

11138624_10206699501236170_3568433824764447392_n.jpg.0a43a3709b36b182d5d3753d2243d273.jpg

Even in an old pic. you can see the quality they were built with.

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

What a size difference between the 2, and to think this deere was big for its day

20220806_103905.jpg

Lol that is pretty funny and the other is a bx . Is that ye bx about the same as a new BX ? 

3 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

The old cubs, J.D.'s and wheel Horse were tanks this stuff now a days is just junk.

My neighbor had a cub it was well built for sure, had a starter generator, new stuff not in the same league.  

We had a 2 wheel tractor had a 12 or 14 Hp. single with a magneto, got it running pushed the levers to go forward, but when I pulled the levers back the pins broke and it was dragging me my Dad and brother towards Mom's flower bed my brother grounded the sparkplug with a screwdriver but got one hell of a shock, Dad got rid of it right away. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Lol that is pretty funny and the other is a bx . Is that ye bx about the same as a new BX ? 

Same size as new BX, newer has more hp but reading about all the issues they are having with newer units I will stick  with this one, 1st year made with just under 700hrs, at 21 years old only have done service, new blades and a few hydraulic hoses, original belt on deck, bought from estate sale with 150hrs at 1/2 price of new 11 years ago

3 hours ago, Cold War said:

I have a old MTD gold series I picked up years ago.  It is a beast.  Kids got me a new plastic Cub cadet.  I can’t part with the MTD . Wife is all over me about getting rid of that old tractor. 

sell the wife:bc:

• Haha 2

We had an Economy tractor dealer where I grew up, bigger than any other had 3 point hitch and belt drive pto's  orange with white lettering very simple but well built.

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

My neighbor had a cub it was well built for sure, had a starter generator, new stuff not in the same league.  

We had a 2 wheel tractor had a 12 or 14 Hp. single with a magneto, got it running pushed the levers to go forward, but when I pulled the levers back the pins broke and it was dragging me my Dad and brother towards Mom's flower bed my brother grounded the sparkplug with a screwdriver but got one hell of a shock, Dad got rid of it right away. 

Years ago we had and older guy by camp give us a 1965 cub 100 for helping out with some things. we look at it and thought there's no way this thing is going to run. pull the Glass bowl off the carb, clean the carb, flush the gas line, put a little gas in the tank, hook a battery up and turn the key.... Slow chug, slow chug, slow chug and the damn thing fired up... holy shit it runs, engage the clutch the blades start spinning, take a little lap around the yard it all works. shut it down sharpen blades couple new belts, grease everything. it's amazing how some of the older stuff was built and worked vs the junk of today.

30 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Years ago we had and older guy by camp give us a 1965 cub 100 for helping out with some things. we look at it and thought there's no way this thing is going to run. pull the Glass bowl off the carb, clean the carb, flush the gas line, put a little gas in the tank, hook a battery up and turn the key.... Slow chug, slow chug, slow chug and the damn thing fired up... holy shit it runs, engage the clutch the blades start spinning, take a little lap around the yard it all works. shut it down sharpen blades couple new belts, grease everything. it's amazing how some of the older stuff was built and worked vs the junk of today.

Everything from the quality of the bearings  to the frame and steering was made to last, even the tires are shit today.

• Like 1