Rickie's off his meds again

17 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

People still care about drag racing and time slips?

He must be one of those people that goes to Princeton and Haydays for the drag races and not all the other shit.

I think it has gone full circle now. The only reason to go to haydays now is for the drag racing. The flea market is a waste of time, and the new vendor deals don’t exist as you can buy anything off their website for the same price shipped to you.

17 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I think it has gone full circle now. The only reason to go to haydays now is for the drag racing. The flea market is a waste of time, and the new vendor deals don’t exist as you can buy anything off their website for the same price shipped to you.

When I am able to make it, I only go for the flea market and to see racing friends for a beer or 14.

They could drop the drag racing all together and I wouldn't care one bit.  In over 25 years of going, the only reason I've watched any drag racing there or at Princeton is because the places to sit are/were by the food boothes.  

Yeah I don't watch any grass drags at either, I go for the swap meets.  Might be cool to see the AC sled reveal at haydays too.

I have four shocks to get serviced this year and someone said fox will do it right at haydays.  I don't know if I want to carry them in and out.

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yeah I don't watch any grass drags at either, I go for the swap meets.  Might be cool to see the AC sled reveal at haydays too.

I have four shocks to get serviced this year and someone said fox will do it right at haydays.  I don't know if I want to carry them in and out.

If I remember right they take them back to the shop, re do them, then ship them back to you. They may have changed now. 

18 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

If I remember right they take them back to the shop, re do them, then ship them back to you. They may have changed now. 

One thing to look at if you do take them or even if your going to send them in.  Check the shafts for any rust or pitting.  If it's in the main travel of the rod you'll probably see the shock is leaking oil.  Either way if you see rust or pitting and can feel it you should have a new rod and seals.  Shafts now range from $50.00 to $125.00 ea. now.

On 8/6/2022 at 8:38 AM, Badger** said:

I have heard of a few ID teams out of Alaska that has used his kits and they were running his promotion sticker on their sleds. 

I didn't think a single person on HCS believed that line of BS. Seriously,,you believe that?

On 8/6/2022 at 8:58 AM, Doug said:

Just my opinion if your going to have a race team your going know how to clutch a sled or you should know and not just buy a clutch kit.  What worked good last week doesn't work the next week because the conditions have changed so you need to know how to adjust for conditions at the track. If a vendor wants to give me money or parts I'll be glad to put a sticker on the sled.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is spot on :bc:. And I don't think a fast trail set-up is going to work breaking trail through fresh powder with 200 lbs of gear/slush added on.

11 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I saw it and posted picture of it on HCS taken from IRON DOG GROUP page. So yes he was in volved with a few teams. 

Yes he also claimed a top Pro racing team was using his clutching in snocross until a certain FS member who runs the tech asked said race team and they never heard of him. But hey believe what you want.

14 minutes ago, HSR said:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is spot on :bc:. And I don't think a fast trail set-up is going to work breaking trail through fresh powder with 200 lbs of gear/slush added on.

Yes he also claimed a top Pro racing team was using his clutching in snocross until a certain FS member who runs the tech asked said race team and they never heard of him. But hey believe what you want.

I have no clue what the set up that was sent out to the ID I do know Eric Roberson drove one of the teams trailers and sleds all they way out to Alaska from the east cost. 2017 was the year I am talking about. I am looking at one of Eric's picture right now when he crossed over to BC.   

Eric Robbins

Fort Nelson, BC, Canada  · 

Nice sunny morning— checked in to Fort Nelson Heritage Museum.

In bold; That is new to me and I know nothing about it. 

Edited by Badger**

2 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I have no clue what the set up that was sent out to the ID I do know Eric Roberson drove one of the teams trailers and sleds all they way out to Alaska from the east cost. 2017 was the year I am talking about. I am looking at one of Eric's picture right now when he crossed over to BC.   

Did you see a pic of his clutch kit in the sled or a credit for the clutching or just a sticker on the sled/trailer?

Obviously.

Just now, HSR said:

Did you see a pic of his clutch kit in the sled or a credit for the clutching or just a sticker on the sled/trailer?

Obviously.

Your can not be this fucking retarded. show me a pic of the sleds with stickers on their sled but not using his kit. <<<< This is how fucking stupid you sound. 

4 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Your can not be this fucking retarded. show me a pic of the sleds with stickers on their sled but not using his kit. <<<< This is how fucking stupid you sound. 

That just means he gave them sponsorship money, maybe some clutch parts. His kit wouldn't work in those conditions and win every 660 drag and 1000ft speed run,it's simply impossible. I would bet their final clutch set-up isn't decided until race conditions are verified. Any racer knows this :bc:  

Just now, HSR said:

That just means he gave them sponsorship money, maybe some clutch parts. His kit wouldn't work in those conditions and win every 660 drag and 1000ft drag race,it's simply impossible. I would bet their final clutch set-up isn't decided until race conditions are verified. Any racer knows this :bc:  

Show me, till then your a lying MF'er <<<< Just turning your BS around on you. 

4 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Show me, till then your a lying MF'er <<<< Just turning your BS around on you. 

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Sheesh someone needs a snickers.

Kind of the same shit you pull all the time but this time Badger called you out on your BS. 

5 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Eric Robbins

Fort Nelson, BC, Canada  · 

Nice sunny morning— checked in to Fort Nelson Heritage Museum.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Obviously.

I remember the member posting that the team in question was asked about Northstar (Rick) and they had no clue who he was talking about.  Also know in other motor sports when teams will put stickers and advertising for a company or product and never use it, it's a monetary contribution.  Rick latest push is power block clutches which have been around for years but never really caught on the main steam performance.

He knows his way around sleds no doudt but is not the ultimate performance expert he believes.  Friend of mine bought a kit for his 800 that was no big improvement.  He called Rick and Rick pointed at everything but the clutch kit that was wrong.  We pulled the clutch lit out put a similar setup that I ran in one of my 800's and the thing ran good. I'm not saying his clutch kit is bad for some applications but wasn't any good for conditions what my friend which was aggressive trail riding.  Posted something on HCS on one of Rick's info commercial posted and I was an idiot, didn't know what I was talking about, he's never been beaten with his clutch kit or any of his customers.  This guy had something else wrong with his sled etc. etc

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

I remember the member posting that the team in question was asked about Northstar (Rick) and they had no clue who he was talking about.  Also know in other motor sports when teams will put stickers and advertising for a company or product and never use it, it's a monetary contribution.  Rick latest push is power block clutches which have been around for years but never really caught on the main steam performance.

I don't doubt the bold for a second he's a shameless salesman.I haven't heard much good about his kits from guys I trust. The PB may have it's uses,,the 1200 doo's loved them but fuck all for tuning parts and I don't like the encapsulated design.

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

He knows his way around sleds no doudt but is not the ultimate performance expert he believes.  Friend of mine bought a kit for his 800 that was no big improvement.  He called Rick and Rick pointed at everything but the clutch kit that was wrong.  We pulled the clutch lit out put a similar setup that I ran in one of my 800's and the thing ran good. I'm not saying his clutch kit is bad for some applications but wasn't any good for conditions what my friend which was aggressive trail riding.  Posted something on HCS on one of Rick's info commercial posted and I was an idiot, didn't know what I was talking about, he's never been beaten with his clutch kit or any of his customers.  This guy had something else wrong with his sled etc. etc

Doug your about as honest as they come, I am not sure what the relationship Rick had with those few teams. Some day I can ask Eric what he knows about it. And no I have never bought anything from Rick.  

21 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Kind of the same shit you pull all the time but this time Badger called you out on your BS. 

See Rob,,,, I wasn't bullshitting you :thumb: 

8 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Doug your about as honest as they come, I am not sure what the relationship Rick had with those few teams. Some day I can ask Eric what he knows about it. And no I have never bought anything from Rick.  

So now you know Rick was lying about lots of stuff. See you learn something everyday on FS:bc:

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

I don't doubt the bold for a second he's a shameless salesman.I haven't heard much good about his kits from guys I trust. The PB may have it's uses,,the 1200 doo's loved them but fuck all for tuning parts and I don't like the encapsulated design.

Lol I still have over 20 helixes for the old button clutch 2ndary.  Back in 2008 had a jackshaft machined to put a button 2ndary on a dragon and that really improved top end just DON'T hit the reverse button.  Trail riding could tell is was not as good on backshift.

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Lol I still have over 20 helixes for the old button clutch 2ndary.  Back in 2008 had a jackshaft machined to put a button 2ndary on a dragon and that really improved top end just DON'T hit the reverse button.  Trail riding could tell is was not as good on backshift.

I moved about 10 years ago and gave away 2 truck loads of sled parts and all my button stuff,it was hard nobody ran them anymore around here. I put a button secondary on my buddies 05 xc600 with a 36x and HSP orange and he gained 9 mph on top, but his daughter was starting to drive it so he just ran it for a few days. Same deal,,,didn't realize how slow a button backshifted until the back to back swap. Was ok for fast straight trails though.:thumb:

26 minutes ago, Badger** said:

If Rick wants to steer post to his info commercials no problem and how proud he is of himself.  But I've been around this sport long enough that when you start calling me an idiot and I don't know what I'm talking about you've lost all respect from me.

If your product is that good the results will speak for themselves.  If you have to keep on telling people how good you and your product is and when questioned your defence is calling people idiots your selling horse meat as tenderloin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Doug said:

If Rick wants to steer post to his info commercials no problem and how proud he is of himself.  But I've been around this sport long enough that when you start calling me an idiot and I don't know what I'm talking about you've lost all respect from me.

If your product is that good the results will speak for themselves.  If you have to keep on telling people how good you and your product is and when questioned your defence is calling people idiots your selling horse meat as tenderloin.

I don't think you can sell horse meat out of a USDA plant. :lol2: Just messing Doug love your content.  :bc:

To date, there have been no requests that the Department initiate the authorization process for any horse processing operation in the United States. 

• Like 1