Rickie's off his meds again

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

Not as fast as Iceman F7 on the pond 

I know someone that went to high school with iceman and battle storm. They have both had fingers pointed at each other for spray and lower end work. One them either has or has someone with a track dyno they have significant amount of time on. Both of them have built some really fast sleds. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I know someone that went to high school with iceman and battle storm. They have both had fingers pointed at each other for spray and lower end work. One them either has or has someone with a track dyno they have significant amount of time on. Both of them have built some really fast sleds. 

Wait, they went to high school together???

I'm not saying Rick doesn't know how to clutch a sled... 

But no serious race team will put a "kit" in a sled and run it as is. No serious race team will buy off the shelf parts that they can source themselves from someone like Rick. And I have YET to ever see a NSP sticker or ricks magical helix in any snocross sled. I can tell you that the clutches change non stop - thats why the pros use two sleds in practice, or you'll see the mechanics changing complete clutches out after laps have been rode. 

So many variances and variables that one kit across the board will never work in any snowmobile regardless of XC,SX, drag racing or even trail riding. if anything the kit will be a base line at best for tuning. 

I have ran stickers on my stuff for products I didn't use because I was paid to. I had a oil deal with a company years ago , and would literally fill their containers with rotella because it worked better. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I'm sure, Iceman does hold whatever world record.  You don't just luck into that 

1 minute ago, Badger** said:

He has a few last I looked. 

I was on the nssr website and joe’s name is still up there. He did have a couple of his sleds for sale a couple years ago. Not sure if he rides anymore 

Edited by Not greg b

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I was on the nssr website and joe’s name is still up there. He did have a couple of his sleds for sale a couple years ago. Not sure if he rides anymore 

He posts occasionally on the ACTR group, mostly selling Amsoil.

• Gold Member

I talked to Rick on the phone once years ago when I first got my 2015 Rush and he was friendly and helpful.

But his rants are painful to read. The one he claimed Polaris calls him for info was fucking ridiculous. and Cutting holes in Ice for testing because thats the proper way was a good one too.  :lol: Now he bashes Poo left and right. Strange Guy. 

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Most of the stock and improved stock records were set in 2018 or earlier.  Was neat in its day but todays sleds are not setup for speed runs.  By time you slam them down which I'm not sure you can in stock class and are limited with stock engine calibration with all the safe guards to protect a motor just not worth it or completive  

21 minutes ago, Doug said:

Most of the stock and improved stock records were set in 2018 or earlier.  Was neat in its day but todays sleds are not setup for speed runs.  By time you slam them down which I'm not sure you can in stock class and are limited with stock engine calibration with all the safe guards to protect a motor just not worth it or completive  

Not only that but nobody makes a 440,500,700,900 or 1000 cc sled anymore so those records could be written in stone now.I guess the 650's and 850's would be in 700 and 900 but leaving 50cc on the table,,,that's more than 5 hp down,,,on the pond.

39 minutes ago, HSR said:

Not only that but nobody makes a 440,500,700,900 or 1000 cc sled anymore so those records could be written in stone now.I guess the 650's and 850's would be in 700 and 900 but leaving 50cc on the table,,,that's more than 5 hp down,,,on the pond.

You would Have to buy a used one and put a ton of money into, to try and beat those records 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doug said:

New sleds are slower. 

On 8/6/2022 at 9:30 AM, racinfarmer said:

One of my friends is a drivetrain engineer for Polaris snow group.  Maybe he has him on speed dial.

Your friend have any comments on the clutch bolt issue with the P22 clutch.  Rickie's solution is to purchase a Power Block clutch from him.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Your friend have any comments on the clutch bolt issue with the P22 clutch.  Rickie's solution is to purchase a Power Block clutch from him.

I think it would be easier to replace a 3 dollar bolt with the right hardness 

1 hour ago, Doug said:

that's because he's a snake oil peddler and a scammer

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

No surprise there.  The sky is falling sales pitch as usual.

I like how no one gave a shit about power block clutches until the OEM clutches took a huge jump in price over the last few years. Now they are they greatest thing known to man. 

12 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I like how no one gave a shit about power block clutches until the OEM clutches took a huge jump in price over the last few years. Now they are they greatest thing known to man. 

there are a few applications where they work nicely. the triple 4 strokes have some harmonics issues that tear up other clutches and the PB seems to hold up well at low power levels. a doo 1200 being a great example