Rickie's off his meds again

8 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

People still care about drag racing and time slips?

He must be one of those people that goes to Princeton and Haydays for the drag races and not all the other shit.

When Rick was talking the story of cutting a hole in the ice to test his clutch kit it was like WHAT.  How is that duplicate actually riding conditions. 

He was promoted his clutch kit and I commented there is no single clutch kit that covers all conditions from trail riding, lake riding and off trail he went into orbit.

I guess if you want to be all gung ho on drag racing, that's fine and all.  But arguing about it on the internet is next level stupid.  I'd try to let my results do the talking.  But I'm not a super serious drag racer guy either.  Riding snowmobiles is way more fun than that nonsense.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Be honest HAS Rick done some nice work or is it all garbage? I know he likes to blow his own horn. I remember the boys ran Paaso Racing right off HCS and that guy has done some cool shit with sleds. 

#Polaris 800 SBA #Boost #fyp

I don't question if Rick knows his way around sleds he does.  But he does go overboard and if questioned on his views goes off track in a strong way.  There's more than one way to setup a sled.  What may work for you in your riding conditions don't work for others.

His pitch for his clutch kit that works great for everything is overboard. I questioned what riding conditions was his clutch kits were setup up for.  Trail riding, lake riding, drags, snow cross?  Do you asked what the owner is looking for?  He basically came unglued.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

I guess if you want to be all gung ho on drag racing, that's fine and all.  But arguing about it on the internet is next level stupid.  I'd try to let my results do the talking.  But I'm not a super serious drag racer guy either.  Riding snowmobiles is way more fun than that nonsense.

The lake running and drag racing on the local lakes is dead here.  Hell, it was dead 10 and 15 years ago.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Doug said:

When Rick was talking the story of cutting a hole in the ice to test his clutch kit it was like WHAT.  How is that duplicate actually riding conditions. 

He was promoted his clutch kit and I commented there is no single clutch kit that covers all conditions from trail riding, lake riding and off trail he went into orbit.

I remember him saying one time Polaris calls him for clutching info............ lol.gif.2473ce557c3ae44af98d90f0a6ce8411.gif

• Haha 1

:mc:

Now Jerry Rice's races are relevant...

For years they didn't mean anything to ricky...

No one running that series in any class besides the trophy only beginner level is running a "clutch kit".. 

Hell there are guys running $5k engines in the "stock" class

22 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

I remember him saying one time Polaris calls him for clutching info............ lol.gif.2473ce557c3ae44af98d90f0a6ce8411.gif

Yup remember that one also.  Worked on sleds for over 40 years.  People bring him sleds from across the nation and Canada just to work on them. Fixes sleds still under warranty that 4 other dealers couldn't fix etc. etc.

Seems to do decent work but every post doesn't need to turn into a crazy commercial.

• Like 3

I've talked to Rick over the phone, seems like a good guy. Funny how the internet can turn people into keyboard warriors. I have heard of a few ID teams out of Alaska that has used his kits and they were running his promotion sticker on their sleds. 

5 minutes ago, Badger** said:

I've talked to Rick over the phone, seems like a good guy. Funny how the internet can turn people into keyboard warriors. I have heard of a few ID teams out of Alaska that has used his kits and they were running his promotion sticker on their sleds. 

His post on Facebook are a lot more tame.

Just my opinion if your going to have a race team your going know how to clutch a sled or you should know and not just buy a clutch kit.  What worked good last week doesn't work the next week because the conditions have changed so you need to know how to adjust for conditions at the track. If a vendor wants to give me money or parts I'll be glad to put a sticker on the sled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

His post on Facebook are a lot more tame.

Just my opinion if your going to have a race team your going know how to clutch a sled or you should know and not just buy a clutch kit.  What worked good last week doesn't work the next week because the conditions have changed so you need to know how to adjust for conditions at the track. If a vendor wants to give me money or parts I'll be glad to put a sticker on the sled.

Rick and some of the turbo guys always got pissed when someone questioned their products and their claims about their products. If your product(s) are as good as you say you need not open your mouth your product should speak volumes about it's self and your company. He and others were told many times just ignore the stupid comments and let your pic, videos and other people speak for you. No matter how good of a product you have or you think you have someone will always have negative things to say about you or your products. What's the best snowmobile brand for what ever style riding you do?? Everyone is going to have a different answer and option, same goes for after market parts, who has the best XXXXXXX.

Me and my race team tested our new clutch kits at XXXXXXXX races this past weekend and we kicked ass...... His race team was his son.....

7 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Rick and some of the turbo guys always got pissed when someone questioned their products and their claims about their products. If your product(s) are as good as you say you need not open your mouth your product should speak volumes about it's self and your company. He and others were told many times just ignore the stupid comments and let your pic, videos and other people speak for you. No matter how good of a product you have or you think you have someone will always have negative things to say about you or your products. What's the best snowmobile brand for what ever style riding you do?? Everyone is going to have a different answer and option, same goes for after market parts, who has the best XXXXXXX.

Me and my race team tested our new clutch kits at XXXXXXXX races this past weekend and we kicked ass...... His race team was his son.....

Turbo Dynamics Ben was the worst :bc:

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The lake running and drag racing on the local lakes is dead here.  Hell, it was dead 10 and 15 years ago.

Most of them moved to FL or AZ 

And let's be honest Modern sleds are a pita to do anything on 

6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

One of my friends is a drivetrain engineer for Polaris snow group.  Maybe he has him on speed dial.

It’s the other way around. Rick speed dials Polaris and tells them how it is done 

• Haha 1