Get ready to shake, shiver and shovel

not because you bought a Polaris which is likely to leave you stranded, because the farmers almanac predicts it. 

https://www.farmersalmanac.com/farmers-almanac-releases-an-extreme-winter-forecast-for-2022-23

personally I gauge winters forecast by acorns... and the acorn crop on our trees is low.

Personally, not a fan of negative temps

On 8/4/2022 at 10:52 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

not because you bought a Polaris which is likely to leave you stranded, because the farmers almanac predicts it. 

https://www.farmersalmanac.com/farmers-almanac-releases-an-extreme-winter-forecast-for-2022-23

personally I gauge winters forecast by acorns... and the acorn crop on our trees is low.

So low corn = low snow?

19 hours ago, Not greg b said:

So low corn = low snow?

corn height around here is all over the board and have seen some fully grown and tassled out 

probably has more to do with rain and temps than how stuck you might get this winter

maybe we'll be able to get @fortune46x to break out of his ankle bracelet and come riding this winter.  :lol:

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

corn height around here is all over the board and have seen some fully grown and tassled out 

probably has more to do with rain and temps than how stuck you might get this winter

maybe we'll be able to get @fortune46x to break out of his ankle bracelet and come riding this winter.  :lol:

He is too busy LS swaping kias 

• 6 months later...
On 8/4/2022 at 10:52 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

the oak trees didn't lie... ;)

It’s was 60°F in Minnesota early this week. It was national news how they were breaking all time, high temp records. Just the type of weather you want going into the snowcheck season.

6 minutes ago, AK440 said:

It’s was 60°F in Minnesota early this week. It was national news how they were breaking all time, high temp records. Just the type of weather you want going into the snowcheck season.

And yet we're still snowmobiling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

I'm going to go for a ride tomorrow I think. 

We are starting our camp trip on Monday so I have to prep for that otherwise I'd be out riding.  Kind of bummed to miss out but I'll have to hit it hard every weekend after that

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mnstang said:

We are starting our camp trip on Monday so I have to prep for that otherwise I'd be out riding.  Kind of bummed to miss out but I'll have to hit it hard every weekend after that

Hoping we get at least a little this week, they are talking like it could be a bigger one. Trails will be great again with a little fresh. 

• Like 1