Gas Prices Have Fallen for 50 Straight Days, Approach $4 a Gallon

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

Crude supply has increased in the US since the pandemic shutdowns in the oil industry, had Biden not pissed off the Saudi's (who basically run OPEC) and we didn't have the Ukraine situation things would be much better. Another Russia SA price war would help too.

Yep..lets get a pumping war going  and cripple the domestic oil industry…again.🤔😉

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The Biden for gas high gas prices is off the table for the repubs. I guess it’s back to the Hunter Biden crap.

You do realize it's because the economy is slowing right...spin posted an article stating demand was at 1999 levels.

Yeah...people can't drive their cars and boats yeah

35 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

You do realize it's because the economy is slowing right...spin posted an article stating demand was at 1999 levels.

How dare you come here with facts when MC is cherry picking to prop up a failed administration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• USA Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

It was 3.68 in 2008 when Bush was president. So it’s where it’s at 14 years ago. 

Your such a fuck’n moron. Mortgage rates are below what they were 40 years ago so I guess the housing market is booming as well.

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Isn’t that the whole point of getting inflation under control? Decrease demand? 

3 minutes ago, Mikeadoo said:

$4.85 is the cheapest station in my town :justsaying:

$4.59... $5.39 for super. 3 of my rigs burn it...

Worst of the 3 is 20mpg... :lol:

Edited by Snake

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

$4.59... $5.39 for super. 3 of my rigs burn it...

Worst of the 3 is 20mpg... :lol:

I found out today if you bought a Tesla early enough, ole Elon pays to charge your car. Free sounds pretty good to me and I know you're all about speed and a Tesla will blow the doors off your 3 mini suvs.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I found out today if you bought a Tesla early enough, ole Elon pays to charge your car. Free sounds pretty good to me and I know you're all about speed and a Tesla will blow the doors off your 3 mini suvs.

I'm not cut out for the lifestyle of an EV owner.... and that should mean something coming from a BMW owner... :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Snake said:

I'm not cut out for the lifestyle of an EV owner.... and that should mean something coming from a BMW owner... :lol:

:bc:

16 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yep..lets get a pumping war going  and cripple the domestic oil industry…again.🤔😉

One of the many problems with this hyper policizing everything is most people are incapable of independent critical thinking. We have half the people believing making fuel prices unaffordable is going to "save the planet" and the other half thinking gas should be $2/gallon and neither is true. Meanwhile we continue to get fucking robbed from all sides. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dz246 said:

$3.75 in my area.

It was $3.87 at the costco on Saturday but in my town its $4.02. I wont be celebrate until its $3.50, where it should be. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Crude supply has increased in the US since the pandemic shutdowns in the oil industry, had Biden not pissed off the Saudi's (who basically run OPEC) and we didn't have the Ukraine situation things would be much better. Another Russia SA price war would help too.

Supplies have not increased much after the recovery was in place.

https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/oil-and-gas/our-insights/petroleum-blog/snapshot-of-global-oil-supply-and-demand

• OPEC 10 production (excl. Iran, Venezuela, Libya). OPEC 10 production increased slightly to 29.9 MMb/d, an increase of 0.3 MMb/d over the previous month. Overall, OPEC 10 output is up by 2.7 MMb/d y-o-y, however, it is still down by 0.4 MMb/d compared to January 2020
  • Non-OPEC production (excl. US shale). Non-OPEC production increased by 0.3 MMb/d m-o-m in June to 57.3 MMb/d. With this increase, non-OPEC production is up by 1.3 MMb/d y-o-y. Russian supply has also almost fully recovered as of June
  • US shale oil production. US shale oil production continued to rise slightly in June, reaching almost 8.8 MMb/d. Although US shale output is up by 0.7 MMb/d y-o-y, it is still below pre-pandemic levels of 9.3 MMb/d. Saying that, a continued m-o-m increase in the number of actively-drilling onshore rigs indicates an ongoing rise in activity
Edited by Highmark

20 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The Biden for gas high gas prices is off the table for the repubs. I guess it’s back to the Hunter Biden crap.

So gas has fallen in price for 7 weeks, to bad it rose for 130 weeks straight 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Isn’t that the whole point of getting inflation under control? Decrease demand? 

Well,

Why not just shut the country down, like we did at the start of the pandemic?  COVID is just as bad, so why not do that?

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Well,

Why not just shut the country down, like we did at the start of the pandemic?  COVID is just as bad, so why not do that?

Well we can only shut the Country down over the sniffles when we can blame Trump and have to rig elections . 

• Thanks 2