First car

22 hours ago, Forrest said:

My first car started out baby blue end result was this. My one employee was kind enough to replicate paint etc.

16595387605818551063076587327821.jpg

Just a suggestion, but watch what's in your background when taking and posting pictures on the internet, you have someone's name and phone number on one sticky and a phone number on the other sticky...:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

My first was a '68 Beetle. Had lots of miles, was pretty tired, bought it for $400. Once it got cold, it had to go, those things basically had zero heat. Next was a '69 Mustang, like below. Much more fun, but TERRIBLE in the snow. Even with snow tires, could get stuck in level ground if it was icy. Tires just wanted to spin. 

1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $62,500 on  March 26, 2021 (Lot #45,216) | Bring a Trailer

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Catalina said:

My first was a '68 Beetle. Had lots of miles, was pretty tired, bought it for $400. Once it got cold, it had to go, those things basically had zero heat. Next was a '69 Mustang, like below. Much more fun, but TERRIBLE in the snow. Even with snow tires, could get stuck in level ground if it was icy. Tires just wanted to spin. 

The Galaxie was super fun in the snow....with studded tires.  Spark monsters.

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

1985 Renault encore with a 5 speeds and the optional 1.7 liter HO engine.  Oh yeah.

Got t boned hard in that car by some dbag running a red light.

Interesting.  I boned a lot of chicks in the galaxie....but never got boned myself.

5 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

My first car was a Dodge shitbox with a 318. Check the gas and fill the oil.

First car I bought myself was a roadrunner with a 383.  That motor used some oil and one time I didn't check it soon enough and then it stopped running and never ran again 😂

First car was a 1964 mercury park lane dad gave me to drive!!had the 390 super marauder in it.damn we could pack a lot of people in that thing.great for drive in!

Would pack couple buddies in trunk with beer!!

one I had was not as nice ac pic though!!

D208929A-4270-43EF-A21D-44D2DFD62D2C.jpeg

15 minutes ago, X2700 said:

First car was a 1964 mercury park lane dad gave me to drive!!had the 390 super marauder in it.damn we could pack a lot of people in that thing.great for drive in!

Would pack couple buddies in trunk with beer!!

one I had was not as nice ac pic though!!

The first week I had my license I drove the Galaxie to school and some idiot from West Fargo blasted through the parking lot and crushed the front quarter of my car.  Was winter and I was pissed so I drove home at redline spinning my tires every where and popped the motor.  Bad day.  I built the 390, then went to put it in and noticed that my frame was no longer a box frame but only had one side instead of 4.  I bought a 67 Marauder and pulled the frame off, had it shortened and slapped it under the galaxie.  That was my first foray into anything mechanical.  Was forced to build a motor and then do a frame off.  Galaxie fit lots of people and was easy to build a trunk pass for garbage and cooler access...thank god for minimum maintenance roads.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

The first week I had my license I drove the Galaxie to school and some idiot from West Fargo blasted through the parking lot and crushed the front quarter of my car.  Was winter and I was pissed so I drove home at redline spinning my tires every where and popped the motor.  Bad day.  I built the 390, then went to put it in and noticed that my frame was no longer a box frame but only had one side instead of 4.  I bought a 67 Marauder and pulled the frame off, had it shortened and slapped it under the galaxie.  That was my first foray into anything mechanical.  Was forced to build a motor and then do a frame off.  Galaxie fit lots of people and was easy to build a trunk pass for garbage and cooler access...thank god for minimum maintenance roads.

I remember carburetor on that thing was about as big as intake!!

for the size of that car it hauled ass!!guys would give us shit cruising broadway and after one red light they changed their tune!!loved how back window rolled down for cruising!had that old speedo needle buried many times!!

picked up my now wife on first date with it!ford had some crazy power steering tie rod end of course it dropped off and we pegged a guard rail with it!not much damage but needless to say that was last ride in that!

I picked up a 70 Buick gs I’d seen laying in weeds for $250!new fuel lines and boy do I have stories with that car!!!

Damn how’d we survive?????

Here’s my first car I actually paid $1000 for!

had it painted in 1987 with my graduation cash!drove the hell out of it!back and fourth weekly in summer to colledge!

this picture taken in 09 after it had been in storage for years!!

D4B6E8A2-A3D6-47FC-AAE0-06C16690DA9A.jpeg

• Like 1