Pelosi to visit Taiwan, local media say, despite China warnings

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Maybe somebody from the US should have gone there, not her though she sounds as bad or worse than Biden when she talks.

We really need an age limit for congress and president. However all of these fucking geezers are nothing more than rubber stamps anyway

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Fewer but they have hypersonic missiles. The US should have knocked them down like 10 years ago, they are gonna take some lumps now. 

I was talking to another member this last winter who's son is in the military and he said we have no idea how many stand offs we have with the Chinese navy around Africa. They are playing a pretty obnoxious game of chicken

Yeah but how many do they have?

I don't doubt the tension that has been going on between the 2 nations and we've been fucking up for decades letting them get so powerful financially without concessions.  Its only going to get worse regarding their foothold on rare earth elements needed for EV's and what not. 

A financial war alone would be extreme for both sides.   China still depends a lot on the US for grain and soybeans and as far as our dependence on them.....well it might not be food but it would be devastating.      

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Maybe somebody from the US should have gone there, not her though she sounds as bad or worse than Biden when she talks.

It's embarrassing to the point I'd rather see/hear Trump talking over either of the top officials in this admin. He says stupid shit but at least can form a complete sentence without having a brain fart every 10 seconds

1 minute ago, Anler said:

We really need an age limit for congress and president. However all of these fucking geezers are nothing more than rubber stamps anyway

I'm thinking that direction too now, I was hesitant to say so as my Dad at 85 was sharp as a tack and did public speaking at that time, at about 86 while still sharp he lost his filter, he was probably the exception and not the rule. Rubber stamps they are for sure.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yeah but how many do they have?

I don't doubt the tension that has been going on between the 2 nations and we've been fucking up for decades letting them get so powerful financially without concessions.  Its only going to get worse regarding their foothold on rare earth elements needed for EV's and what not. 

A financial war alone would be extreme for both sides.   China still depends a lot on the US for grain and soybeans and as far as our dependence on them.....well it might not be food but it would be devastating.      

China has been pushing buttons on several levels for a while now. they are looking to take over global trade, all of the pieces are in place its just us in the way. And I am not feeling all warm and fuzzy about our new woke military 

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

It's embarrassing to the point I'd rather see/hear Trump talking over either of the top officials in this admin. He says stupid shit but at least can form a complete sentence without having a brain fart every 10 seconds

I'd rather neither, not sure what's worse saying something stupid because you are demented and don't know any better or knowing better and saying it anyway.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

I'd rather neither, not sure what's worse saying something stupid because you are demented and don't know any better or knowing better and saying it anyway.

I can't stand listening to Trump talk but at the very least you can understand what he's trying to say

36 minutes ago, Anler said:

China has the largest navy in the world now. I think they are fina use it

31 minutes ago, Highmark said:

By boat and many of them are smaller vessels.  Ours displaces more than twice theirs.   No way this starts a war between the nations. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2021/11/10/yes-the-chinese-navy-has-more-ships-than-the-us-navy-but-its-got-far-fewer-missiles/?sh=5b8dd29f61b6

Just remember their ships are Made In China our ships are Made In The U.S.A. with some Chinese parts......  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

China has been pushing buttons on several levels for a while now. they are looking to take over global trade, all of the pieces are in place its just us in the way. And I am not feeling all warm and fuzzy about our new woke military 

Well there are theory's of Chinese men being softened by the attentive nature of single child homes as well.  At least they recognize this issue and want to do something about it while we push it has hard as we can....at least in some parts of the country.   I don't believe raising kids in small town America that its as prevalent here.      

https://time.com/6096701/china-masculinity-gender/

The plan came on the heels of a warning from top political adviser Si Zefu of a national “masculinity crisis” as “Chinese boys have been spoiled by housewives and female teachers.” This trend of “feminization” of Chinese boys—already a pampered lot thanks to the one-child policy—“threatens China’s survival and development,” Si believes.

Chinese educators have been worried about the social impact of the paucity of male teachers in lower grades, depriving young boys of male role models. Gender-neutral evaluation standards are also seen as a problem as they do not suitably reward physical activity. In recent years, boys-only schools have been suggested as one of the “de-feminization” initiatives, which are mostly focused on revamping the education system.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Fewer but they have hypersonic missiles. The US should have knocked them down like 10 years ago, they are gonna take some lumps now. 

I was talking to another member this last winter who's son is in the military and he said we have no idea how many stand offs we have with the Chinese navy around Africa. They are playing a pretty obnoxious game of chicken

With the advent of lasers, hypersonics will be rendered obsolete. Frankly, I don’t believe anything that china claims about hypersonics. It’s all BS. This on the other hand is real. 

14 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

With the advent of lasers, hypersonics will be rendered obsolete. Frankly, I don’t believe anything that china claims about hypersonics. It’s all BS. This on the other hand is real. 

Well I don't believe anything our govt says. They have a long history of being dishonest 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

They should be. China and Russia are the biggest liars. 

yeah I dont like any of them. But China and Russia arent wrecking us, our govt is. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You lie everyday here. Make shit up about anyone that disagrees with your odd ideas. Rather pathetic. But that’s you. 

Calm down faggot 

4 hours ago, Anler said:

How are they going to take over trade? The majority of what they export and the raw materials they import goes through a tiny little strip of water. They’re also having tremendous difficulty with reliable energy production as well as a collapsing population. To top all that off they have to import the vast majority of food, natural gas, and oil. They also have zero experience with actual modern military action. It doesn’t look good for them. 

16 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

How are they going to take over trade? The majority of what they export and the raw materials they import goes through a tiny little strip of water. They’re also having tremendous difficulty with reliable energy production as well as a collapsing population. To top all that off they have to import the vast majority of food, natural gas, and oil. They also have zero experience with actual modern military action. It doesn’t look good for them. 

Shut up holy shit