Totally normal…. It’s just weather

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Yup....happens all the time.... I'm having a blast watching this unfold before my eyes and listening to the excuses......too funny.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/climate-scientist-says-total-climate-042317080.html

:lmao:Climate Scientist.  :lmao:

William J. McGuire (born 1954) is a volcanologist and Emeritus Professor of Geophysical & Climate Hazards at University College London[1]. His main interests include volcano instability and lateral collapse, the nature and impact of global geophysical events and the effect of climate change on geological hazards.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Wouldn't it be interesting, for comparison's sake, if we could take temperature readings in the big cities, and then on the same day take temp readings say, 50 or so miles outside of those big cities, just to see what kind of effect the "Concrete Jungle" has on official temperature readings.

I am willing to bet, the readings in the Cities are almost always higher than those out in the skirts of the Burbs, or even further out away from the countries tallest buildings.

Nah, that would be too simplistic to do... Nothing to see here.

Oh, it was 101 degrees today in the Twin Cities (As recorded at the MPLS Int'l Airport).... in 1988, pretty recent for today!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yes , the Chinese are known for their amazing engineering and infrastructure prowess 

The Chinese are becoming a dominate player in the construction game around the world. Word is that in Baghdad the local language is chinese. Im sure they have shitty infrastructure at home just like we do. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, f7ben said:

Yes , the Chinese are known for their amazing engineering and infrastructure prowess 

LOL, thread ender on the first post.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Wouldn't it be interesting, for comparison's sake, if we could take temperature readings in the big cities, and then on the same day take temp readings say, 50 or so miles outside of those big cities, just to see what kind of effect the "Concrete Jungle" has on official temperature readings.

I am willing to bet, the readings in the Cities are almost always higher than those out in the skirts of the Burbs, or even further out away from the countries tallest buildings.

Oh, it was 101 degrees today in the Twin Cities (As recorded at the MPLS Int'l Airport).... in 1988, pretty recent for today!

I see it almost every day on my commute.  Sitting in the asphalt jungle my car shows 95 and by the time I get home out by the rocks and cows it's only 89.

Edited by teamgreen02
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

They already have a name for that effect.

https://www.epa.gov/heatislands

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 7/31/2022 at 4:47 PM, f7ben said:

On 7/31/2022 at 5:14 PM, Carlos Danger said:

No expansion joints.....what a surprise.

6 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

:lol:you guys are a riot

Beers on me the entire night if we ever met up....holy crap the excuses and denial have me rolling, I'd be laughing all night.

Yeah it's the heat islands:lol::bc:....

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/england-records-driest-july-87-152350770.html

7 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I do industrial HVAC. Most of my customer base is downtown town Chicago. It’s called city core temperature. It becomes a serious problem only if night time temps don’t drop below 80deg. The game the global warming religion plays is where they take the temperature in Chicago.  They really love to take it out by O’Hara air port. Miles from Lake Michigan and nothing but concrete absorbing sun load.  A lot of studies have been done. It’s basically to much concrete and black top in a small area. Not the weather changing.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Beers on me the entire night if we ever met up....holy crap the excuses and denial have me rolling, I'd be laughing all night.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/england-records-driest-july-87-152350770.html

I wonder what the dealio was in 1935? :dunno:

Edited by irv

9 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

7 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

LOL, thread ender on the first post.  :lol:

I see it almost every day on my commute.  Sitting in the asphalt jungle my car shows 95 and by the time I get home out by the rocks and cows it's only 89.

5 hours ago, favoritos said:

They already have a name for that effect.

https://www.epa.gov/heatislands

In summation and to bring this full circle man made heat islands are changing climate. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Plissken said:

In summation and to bring this full circle man made heat islands are changing climate. 

No , man made heat islands are changing very localized weather and the faggot alarmist warmer cult love to point to data taken from these very localized heat islands to prove warming over time. It’s bullshit smoke and mirror retardation for meat puppets. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Excuses!!  😂😂😂 

Not unlike extreme weather events right??  Look up how many times that small community in Kentucky that was recently flooded out has been completely washed away… yeah, it’s happened before, MANY times in fact if you take the time to research it.

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

No , man made heat islands are changing very localized weather and the faggot alarmist warmer cult love to point to data taken from these very localized heat islands to prove warming over time. It’s bullshit smoke and mirror retardation for meat puppets. 

That’s all true but marketing geniuses also believe it’s possible to obtain dual climates within the confines of a vehicle cabin.