LG Washing Machine Drain Pump

DeezNutz

37 minutes ago, Garth said:

There is The Appliance Shack in Barrie 7 Anne St. I bought a pump for an ol top load Kenmore from them a few month ago.

LG is a whole new ballgame with replacement parts since sears went under.

2 hours ago, DeezNutz said:

Any appliance guys know where to get a drain pump for an LG Washer? Washer is a WM2010CW. 

How old is the washer?

On our 6 year old washer the spyder gear went on drum.  Called LG and they have a maximum repair cost deal on each repair.  Guy came in and checked washer then cameback 4 days later with a second guy and they replaced complete drum assembly for $169.00 plus tax.  

Did you try LG service?

LG washer parts can only be purchasd by a LG auth service center . And of course because of that they charge everyone the list price . So AP and Reliable do not carry them .

but Puzzler is the closest , Caladonia rd Reliable , is right next to LG servicer Elite Appliance . So call them with the model and serial .

or first take the pump apart , and check to see if it's jammed, most times it is . 

8 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

LG washer parts can only be purchasd by a LG auth service center . And of course because of that they charge everyone the list price . So AP and Reliable do not carry them .

but Puzzler is the closest , Caladonia rd Reliable , is right next to LG servicer Elite Appliance . So call them with the model and serial .

or first take the pump apart , and check to see if it's jammed, most times it is . 

On the bold, that really sucks. 

From the link above.

Washing machine drain pump. If the washer does not drain then the drain pump may be clogged, damaged, or defective.

1 hour ago, StevieWonder said:

I'm going to try reliable, I have heard Marcone supplies "supco."

So there is only one place in my area that is allowed to sell me the parts - Appliance Repair Services. I have to pay for supply and install, even though the washing machine is already apart and the drain pump out. I'm waiting on a quote for that. My dad wants to just throw both the dyer and washer out but I'd like to try to save them. 

Theres a good chance you will find a cheap washer and dryer on here shortly. 

Edited by DeezNutz

8 minutes ago, DeezNutz said:

So there is only one place in my area that is allowed to sell me the parts - Appliance Repair Services. I have to pay for supply and install, even though the washing machine is already apart and the drain pump out. I'm waiting on a quote for that. My dad wants to just throw both the dyer and washer out but I'd like to try to save them. 

Theres a good chance you will find a cheap washer and dryer on here shortly. 

And that's why no independent wants to service lg 

Well , like sleds , they all have issues . But at least you anyone can buy parts for Samsung at Reliable , and peeps like me get trade cost . 

I have a Samsung laundry pair . Dryer started thumping , when  I checked the drum all the metal had stress cracked around the back of the drum on the rollers . And it's a common problem on Samsung dryers , so drum my cost  was like 280 . And don't think they strengthened the new ones when they new they had a problem .........