Cadillac Escalade V

20 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Not saying the ML63 doesnt tow good but dont really get why you think the Caddy is so bad . Unpowered? With a Whipple? or you talking when it was stock? 

Brakes and steering I can understand being worse. 

I stated clearly comparing it stock.  Once I dropped it and firmed up the suspension, added Wilwoods, and all the go fast goodies it was a different story.  Longer wheelbase and more mass made up the difference, but stock the brakes and suspension were complete horseshit in comparison.  I don't understand why GM thinks everyone needs 6" of clearance above the tires for the wheel wells.  Dropping those beasts a good 4-6" makes a monstrous difference.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Since I have zero inclination to own a camper, it is a moot point. Also the fact I didn't buy it to tow, I bought it for fun.

Conversely. it will tow everything I own, the biggest being a 7k trailer with The General on it. But again, I own a truck for that.

Now I ask you, can the 'Burban pull a +.95g?

Can it go 174?

Boat neighbor is a Caddy dealer and has showed up at the marina with 2 different new Escalades this summer.  One had the diesel, and the other one in a matte army green color.  Ugly as fuck, like unbelievable how ugly it was, and over 100gs?  No thanks.

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

Since I have zero inclination to own a camper, it is a moot point. Also the fact I didn't buy it to tow, I bought it for fun.

Conversely. it will tow everything I own, the biggest being a 7k trailer with The General on it. But again, I own a truck for that.

Can it go 174?

It is a suburban.  And imho only a idiot buys anything performance but a 2 door sports car or bike . But I get it some guys wife's just won't let them buy what they really want so they get the closest they can 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

It is a suburban.  And imho only a idiot buys anything performance but a 2 door sports car or bike . But I get it some guys wife's just won't let them buy what they really want so they get the closest they can 

You are a fucking moron 

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I stated clearly comparing it stock.  Once I dropped it and firmed up the suspension, added Wilwoods, and all the go fast goodies it was a different story.  Longer wheelbase and more mass made up the difference, but stock the brakes and suspension were complete horseshit in comparison.  I don't understand why GM thinks everyone needs 6" of clearance above the tires for the wheel wells.  Dropping those beasts a good 4-6" makes a monstrous difference.

my bad missed that. need another cup of coffee I guess lol :news:

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

The ZL-1 has the big motor in it. Still one of my fav chebbys ever.

The LT4 in a ZL1, and the LT4 in the Escalade V are quite a bit different. 

18 minutes ago, Snake said:

Can it go 174?

You clap your hands at the absolute silliest shit. Derrrrr look at my hot rod suv derrrr. Union and retire US military. Buys German shit. I’m sure your UAW brethren would love that. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

Can it go 174?

A 3/4 ton Burban can easily tow that.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

You clap your hands at the absolute silliest shit. Derrrrr look at my hot rod suv derrrr. Union and retire US military. Buys German shit. I’m sure your UAW brethren would love that. 

Status and a small genitals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Had a 1995 3/4 Suburban with a 400 in it and the big tranny - thing wasn't going to break any land speed records, but it sure kicked the hell out of the 350 that was in it towing wise.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2022 at 3:10 PM, EvilBird said:

Ever hear of a custom tune ? 

My Escalade has had no speed governor for years.  

:smack:

Still different animals IMO anyway.

When I worked at the Boat dealer we always use to laugh at the Guys picking up their Boats with their X5s or Merc suvs . 

9 times outta 10 they got a pickup or full frame SUV a year later. 

what's the speed rating of the tires there Darwin?

I have two Tahoe's with no limiters from the factory, they're both PPV's

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I could have bought an M3 for what I paid for the X. I prefer the X. Chap ass chronicled...

4 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Built in the USA. Couldn't care less for UAW. A rashed posterior documented.

3 hours ago, Steve753 said:

A moped you say? Psoriasis of the glutious maximus  has been distinguished...

3 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Status and a small genitals. 

Gratuitous gay reference. Burning butthole scribed....

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Built in the USA. Couldn't care less for UAW. A rashed posterior documented.

LMAO. Look, you being a hypocrite about your entire adult career doesn’t cause me to have even the littlest of second thoughts, not even for a second. You do you, boo. Enjoy that super bad ass race suv. People with actual performance vehicle will be laughing at you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

LMAO. Look, you being a hypocrite about your entire adult career doesn’t cause me to have even the littlest of second thoughts, not even for a second. You do you, boo. Enjoy that super bad ass race suv. People with actual performance vehicle will be laughing at you. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611232e3dbbdcaf702d42

Edited by Snake

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Oh look, some mouth from YT went and found someone who can drive to drive them around the track. I know people that can put laps on fast cars, in a fucking shoe box. :lol:

Please tell me that you actually track yours, and you are somewhat good with it. That would be even more hilarious but at least that way, you might get some more use out of it? Otherwise, you might as well be a new balance wearing 70 year old Corvette owner, with your chest puffed out even further, with a small dick. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?
  • Haha 2

Just now, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Oh look, some mouth from YT went and found someone who can drive to drive them around the track. I know people that can put laps on fast cars, in a fucking shoe box. :lol:

Please tell me that you actually track yours, and your somewhat good with it. That would be even more hilarious but at least that way, you might get some more use out of it? Otherwise, you might as well be a new balance wearing 70 year old Corvette owner, with your chest puffed out even further, with a small dick. 

Hes got 3 of them.

:lol:

I don't know...I just don't see the need for performance in an SUV. I'm perfectly happy with my 08 Escalade in stock form.....I think it has 400hp....not sure.and don't really care. Im not out to race it or take twisties at speed.  I have other vehicles for that.

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I don't know...I just don't see the need for performance in an SUV. I'm perfectly happy with my 08 Escalade in stock form.....I think it has 400hp....not sure.and don't really care. Im not out to race it or take twisties at speed.  I have other vehicles for that.

Some times you just need that extra power and performance to take the kids to soccer practice

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Some times you just need that extra power and performance to take the kids to soccer practice

Since when does ANYTHING have enough power??  

And when you get the whole soccer team in it and they all scream punch it you should see their faces.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1