Jon Stewart Lashes Out After GOP Senators Block Veterans’ Health Legislation: “Fuck The Republican Caucus”

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Agent orange vets waited 30 years and got $3800 on average. The GOP should’ve voted for this. Really dumb. 

Pretty sure they would have if it it hadn’t been back loaded 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, toslow said:

Pretty sure they would have if it it hadn’t been back loaded 

Be it agent orange, burning pits, or chemical weapons of WWI, the government knows that the lifespan of those affected are typically short. They just wait them out. Vets have always been considered an expendable commodity. 

• Platinum Contributing Member

FFS they voted against it to spite and “own” the Dems…they admitted as much. Both sides playing games with this shit but there are still those here choosing sides…pathetic.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:24 PM, Snake said:

What do you know I have done or have not done? Are you sure you aren't sharing a brain with someone else?

If John Stewart isn't smart enough to realize the bill is a pile of shit he needs to close his fucking trap. He hasn't lived through shit that he likes to advocate for.... and by the looks of this screed he is willing to sell the country down the road in exchange for putting a feather in his cap.

Wife spends the first 20 minutes of the morning hacking and coughing her head off. And yet she still says this bill needs to die a fast death.

I'll take her opinion of this over an over priced mouth piece sqeeing from his Manhattan penthouse....

About sums up the truth about the bill failing. Put up a bill with no additional items less b.s 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

FFS they voted against it to spite and “own” the Dems…they admitted as much. Both sides playing games with this shit but there are still those here choosing sides…pathetic.

What do you expect when the dems put billions of fuck yous in the bill?

Saying this is business as usual to justify business as usual is how we got in this fucking mess....

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Be it agent orange, burning pits, or chemical weapons of WWI, the government knows that the lifespan of those affected are typically short. They just wait them out. Vets have always been considered an expendable commodity. 

Without understanding what one politician is thinking your expendable statement is not wrong. What would be terrifying is knowledge of how much each thinks.

That in mind we all entered with one principle of making or helping the world be better place domestically and foreign.

I agreed to the known and the not.  In 89 I went to Paris island. Then to the 2/1. Applied and went to jump school. Went to desert storm came back and went on to recon. After 9/11 I was out for many years I was granted re up without details publicly but yes same job description. Did 3 more 2 Afghanistan one Iraqi. 

Do I harbor emotional damage yes. Do I agree with how the bill was changed no. Do I think It will pass yes. Would I have done the last 3 with kids and a strong family business. Sitting in this chair today doubtful.

We as of Americans lost are moral,family,spiritual and so forth center. I'm an American and I vote as such. D.c. votes for power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Cause they need to stop shit like this from happening.

Capish.

FZGazz5XEAMz8En?format=jpg&name=small

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

My grandpa had exposure to radiation from nuclear tests in the 40s/50s, the government paid out only after he was already dead in the 90s.

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

My grandpa had exposure to radiation from nuclear tests in the 40s/50s, the government paid out only after he was already dead in the 90s.

But we trust them now, wholeheartedly.

Makes sense.

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That’s his MO all day everyday. 

Well your MO is being completely led and out in left field without a compass, all while shitting on anything conservative, so theres that.

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

Two friends were Vietnam vets. One of them developed the spots fin his arms from agent orange. Then cysts on his neck. No one knew what it was back then. Lymphoma killed him before any benefits for his family arrived. The other was a crew chief on a Huey. The rear rotor noise ruined his hearing. He also suffered from PTD. Between the isolation from hearing loss and flares of rage he eventually shot himself. 

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Two friends were Vietnam vets. One of them developed the spots fin his arms from agent orange. Then cysts on his neck. No one knew what it was back then. Lymphoma killed him before any benefits for his family arrived. The other was a crew chief on a Huey. The rear rotor noise ruined his hearing. He also suffered from PTD. Between the isolation from hearing loss and flares of rage he eventually shot himself. 

The fuck they didn't.  Just like it took 50 years to make the connection between cigs and lung cancer.

They lied and people died.

On 8/1/2022 at 6:56 AM, Mainecat said:

Without the Democrats writing bills in congress the veterans would get nothing.

The same goes for any bill.

The Republicans do nothing……NOTHING.

Correction 

With out Democrat hacks writing bills with heartstring issues at that can make headlines then stuffing them with completly unrelated bullshit we might just have a functional congress .

But NO your heros just can't resist 

Every spending line should have its own vote every spending bill should be a stand alone vote .

Zero exceptions .

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

Someone realizes they got their dick caught in their zipper... :lol:

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said Sunday that he'll allow a vote on Sen. Pat Toomey's amendment on Democrats' so-called burn pit bill regarding the Pennsylvania Republican's concern about the measure's $400 billion in spending.

The bill, if passed, would expand health care benefits for military veterans exposed to toxic burn pits in Iraq and Afghanistan. 

Passage of the PACT Act stalled last week when it failed to overcome the Senate's 60-vote filibuster threshold, over Toomey and 24 other GOP senators' concerns about the funding.

Toomey says the measure as written includes a "budget gimmick" that would allow $400 billion of current-law spending to be moved from the discretionary- to the mandatory-spending category.

He has promised his vote in favor of the bill if his amendment passes, and he has said the measure overall has support from about 85 of the chamber's 100 members, more than enough for final passage.

"This is the oldest trick in Washington. People take a sympathetic group of Americans ... craft a bill to address their problems and then sneak in something completely unrelated that they know could never pass on its own and dare Republicans to do anything about it," Toomey said about mandatory vs. discretionary spending.

To get the legislation passed, Schumer will give the chamber the chance to vote on Toomey’s proposed amendment as early as Monday. 

“I am urging everyone to vote yes," the New York Democrat said Sunday. "This is not a Washington issue. This is a local issue. We just need Washington to help solve it."

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/schumer-promises-senate-vote-pact-act-week

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hey what do you know, R pushback over the bullshit D games might have paid off.  And it was also good to see Stewart temper and pull back some of his comments, while aligning with Jack Psobiec on what should happen and that probably helped too.  The politicians sure get nervous when common folk on opposite sides of the aisle find common ground.

• Like 1