Jon Stewart Lashes Out After GOP Senators Block Veterans’ Health Legislation: “Fuck The Republican Caucus”

23 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You may not agree, but that horse left the barn when Obama came to office.  Even a moral reprobate like Bill Clinton was far better about reaching across the aisle and getting a consensus

from my POV politics have done nothing but get uglier and less productive since Billy boy got a blowjob.

JS was also on Fox and Newsmax.  hopefully a public pressure cooker gets this resolved quickly.

49 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You may not agree, but that horse left the barn when Obama came to office.  Even a moral reprobate like Bill Clinton was far better about reaching across the aisle and getting a consensus

There is no aisle anymore. When McConnell and the republicans denied Obama a SC pick a year before his term ended that was it. Also there were 140+ Republicans who voted not to certify a free and fair election.

Yeah it’s the Democrats.

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

because none of these fucks can work together to do what's right for 'us', their employers

Then John can also stop the bs . It was offered up to be a stand alone but the sausage stuffers did not want it that way . So really who is at fault the assholes calling out the suffers at the veterans expense.  Or the ones doing the stuffing unwilling to not have a stuffed bill at the vets expense? 

I have said it many times before every major spending item should be a stand alone vote .

Pretty ez pretty basic oh no those poor politicians would have to sit there and push 1 of 3 buttons 75 times instead of 1 time.  Oh the humanity 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

from my POV politics have done nothing but get uglier and less productive since Billy boy got a blowjob.

JS was also on Fox and Newsmax.  hopefully a public pressure cooker gets this resolved quickly.

I agree absolutely on the bold.  He was the commander in chief and the leader of the free world.  I voted for him the first time.  But there are ethical and moral requirements in that job and he threw them out the window.  She was a 21 year old impressionable intern that he took advantage of.  Thats scumbag behavior by any man, let alone the POTUS.  Hey I'll give credit where credit is due to Stewart if he can somehow get this bill to pass without the add ons. 

47 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

There is no aisle anymore. When McConnell and the republicans denied Obama a SC pick a year before his term ended that was it. Also there were 140+ Republicans who voted not to certify a free and fair election.

Yeah it’s the Democrats.

It was not fair it was stuffed just like this bill . 

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Jon Stewart actually did something and didn’t just bitch on the internet…you have said that to  people  here many times. 🤷🏻

BTW I was speaking more to his work on behalf of 9-11 victims than this veterans bill.

What do you know I have done or have not done? Are you sure you aren't sharing a brain with someone else?

If John Stewart isn't smart enough to realize the bill is a pile of shit he needs to close his fucking trap. He hasn't lived through shit that he likes to advocate for.... and by the looks of this screed he is willing to sell the country down the road in exchange for putting a feather in his cap.

Wife spends the first 20 minutes of the morning hacking and coughing her head off. And yet she still says this bill needs to die a fast death.

I'll take her opinion of this over an over priced mouth piece sqeeing from his Manhattan penthouse....

Edited by Snake
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

What do you know I have done or have not done? Are you sure you aren't sharing a brain with someone else?

If John Stewart isn't smart enough to realize the bill is a pile of shit he needs to close his fucking trap. He hasn't lived through shit that he likes to advocate for.... and by the looks of this screed he is willing to sell the country down the road in exchange for putting a feather in his cap.

Wife spends the first 20 minutes of the morning hacking and coughing her head off. And yet she still says this bill needs to die a fast death.

I'll take her opinion of this over an over priced mouth piece sqeeing from his Manhattan penthouse....

Does she see anything different then the rest of us.  We all realize it is just another pork laden bill, correct?  Or is there even more to it?

13 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Does she see anything different then the rest of us.  We all realize it is just another pork laden bill, correct?  Or is there even more to it?

She wants a clean vet bill, written for vets, and voted on.

No pork.

No hidden agendas.

A straight bill.

• Like 1

Both sides are playing games with a very serious issue. Fucked up. You’d think this would be one matter that elected officials could get together on and hammer out a solution behind closed doors. Nope. They won’t do it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Snake said:

Everyone: celebrities need to shut up

Sheep: bUt iTs jOn sTeWaRt...

He’s actually doing something.

You’re an internet blowhard cunt.

Stewart Wins.

On 7/29/2022 at 8:19 PM, Snake said:

Everyone: celebrities need to shut up

Sheep: bUt iTs jOn sTeWaRt...

Lol at “everyone”. That’s just you butthurt Republicans. I don’t think celebrities need to shut the fuck up. They can voice their opinions just like anyone else and they happen to have a platform that makes their opinions more widespread than yours or mine. I’m also likely to not give a flying fuck what any of their opinions are. 

Its guys like you who say celebrities need to shut the fuck up, unless they agree with you of course.

On 7/29/2022 at 1:08 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

I wish voices from both sides joined forces on topics like this

There shouldn't be 'sides' to do the right thing.

Nop put it in a stand alone bill and it will pass with over 90% . And everyone involved knowes it. But this way it makes for talking points at tge versus expense 

• Gold Member
On 7/29/2022 at 1:59 PM, Ez ryder said:

So again why stuff the bill with bullshit ? It was brought up to be a stand alone bill . Why not vote on a stand alone vote ? 

This is one of the major issues in politics today and not just with this bill They do this shit all time, make the center piece of a bill a very emotional issue and then add all kinds of bullshit into the back pages to try and slip in some garbage.

Each bill should be a single issue bill.

3 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Without the Democrats writing bills in congress the veterans would get nothing.

The same goes for any bill.

The Republicans do nothing……NOTHING.

Who has control over what comes to a vote?