Machinery and parts shortages

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Here they were lexicons. Conventional cylinder with two separating rotors 

Claas and Lexion are the same machines and a Claas product.  Challenger and Massey (and some Gleaners) are the same and a Agco product.  

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They are in no better shape. I have customers that are the biggest dealers of those in the Midwest and their inventory is super thin 

Thankfully we aren't turning equipment often.

Well, new equipment that is.  

14 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Challenger combines were the same as the Masseys, with both got the boot for Fendt, I think.  

It was something like that. They basically rebranded fendt by combining the best of all of those brands models and dropping it from the other ones line up. Happened just before the pandemic happened. If I remember right Ziegler told me the challenger everyone loves is done and will only be in fendt line up. 

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Claas and Lexion are the same machines and a Claas product.  Challenger and Massey (and some Gleaners) are the same and a Agco product.  

Especially with the interest rate increase. I would not want to be doing a major equipment replacement right now 

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Ah it was the cat that was a claas 

but cat was also involved with challenger so it was a bunch of nonsense 

Just now, Not greg b said:

Especially with the interest rate increase. I would not want to be doing a major equipment replacement right now 

Huge price increases at high interest. Not fun 

The claas and CTS deere are both based off the versatile 2000 combine 

but in deere fashion they screwed it up and put it in a narrow body machine which was severely limited in its cleaning  capacity 

deere quit developing it and claas kept going, and now have one of the most adaptable, on the fly machines on the market 

13 minutes ago, ACE said:

but in deere fashion they screwed it up and put it in a narrow body machine which was severely limited in its cleaning  capacity 

deere quit developing it and claas kept going, and now have one of the most adaptable, on the fly machines on the market 

We had one of the first Cat/Claas combines in MN.  It served us well for many years.  

They ran a prototype by us for a year.  It had JD side panels bolted on it.  

29 minutes ago, ACE said:

I hope that versatile 2000 was an old design. I worked for that company for a short period of time and had to leave ASAP because of what they were doing. Their current combine was an epic fail. They had 8, retail sold one and sent a second with it for parts as they had no way to supply service parts for the one they sold. The other 6 of the original 8 are still rotting in factory’s back yard in Winnipeg. I see they dropped it from their line up now. 

Just now, Not greg b said:

I hope that versatile 2000 was an old design. I worked for that company for a short period of time and had to leave ASAP because of what they were doing. Their current combine was an epic fail. They had 8, retail sold one and sent a second with it for parts as they had no way to supply service parts for the one they sold. The other 6 of the original 8 are still rotting in factory’s back yard in Winnipeg. I see they dropped it from their line up now. 

The 2000 was a pull type that came out in the late 80’s it was built like junk but if you could keep it together it would run circles around a deere 9600

the new versatile combines are a rebadged rostelmash. Belarus basically 

I sell Deere Ag equipment, and things are continuing to get worse. Factory delivery dates for tractors and harvest goods continue to get pushed farther away. We still have planters and field cultivators that were ordered in 2021 for spring 2022, not here. Along with price increases multiple times a year, smaller discounts for early order programs and high interest rates, it’s been an interesting year. 

• Sad 2

Just now, ACE said:

The 2000 was a pull type that came out in the late 80’s it was built like junk but if you could keep it together it would run circles around a deere 9600

the new versatile combines are a rebadged rostelmash. Belarus basically 

Yeah it was some pile of trash the Russian sent over. When I found out the story of it, I couldn’t even laugh it was such a fail. The Russian have destroyed what was once a good company back in day. Especially in the Minnesota market. 

1 minute ago, Not greg b said:

Yeah it was some pile of trash the Russian sent over. When I found out the story of it, I couldn’t even laugh it was such a fail. The Russian have destroyed what was once a good company back in day. Especially in the Minnesota market. 

The tractors are still good. The company went through a recent restructuring because it turns out that Russian mafia antics just don’t work here 

versatile probably has the best performing track machine on the market. But yeah those combines were junk. 

3 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

I sell Deere Ag equipment, and things are continuing to get worse. Factory delivery dates for tractors and harvest goods continue to get pushed farther away. We still have planters and field cultivators that were ordered in 2021 for spring 2022, not here. Along with price increases multiple times a year, smaller discounts for early order programs and high interest rates, it’s been an interesting year. 

Has mother deere came back on you to cancel deals yet?

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

The tractors are still good. The company went through a recent restructuring because it turns out that Russian mafia antics just don’t work here 

versatile probably has the best performing track machine on the market. But yeah those combines were junk. 

They do make a good tractor but I would never deal with them because of support back from the company. The Russians have “restructured” while I was there and 2 more times since I have left. The recent restructure was closing everything other than the Winnipeg factory and head quarters. The farm king side is pretty much out of business now in the USA. The rumor for a long time has been Kubota is waiting for Russians to except a stupid low offer for them to buy out the tractor company. With all crap going on with Russia right now it would not surprise me if that happens sooner than later. 

Edited by Not greg b

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They do make a good tractor but I would never deal with them because of support back from the company. The Russians have “restructured” while I was there and 2 more times since I have left. The recent restructure was closing everything other than the Winnipeg factory and head quarters. The farm king side is pretty much out of business now in the USA. The rumor for a long time has been Kubota is waiting for Russians to except a stupid low offer for them to buy out the tractor company. With all crap going on with Russia right now it would not surprise me if that happens sooner than later. 

I’d be happy if kubota bought out the tractor line. Old John buhler built that shit up just for the Russians to ruin it 

26 minutes ago, ACE said:

Has mother deere came back on you to cancel deals yet?

Personally no, but we have district sales managers who tell each district what our allocation is for combines, planters, tillage, etc. 7 and 9 series tractors were all delayed 2-6 weeks this week. I rarely see things arrive sooner than anticipated. I have a corn head originally slated for sept delivery. Currently has a delivery date of November 24. So that doesn’t do much good. 

2 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Personally no, but we have district sales managers who tell each district what our allocation is for combines, planters, tillage, etc. 7 and 9 series tractors were all delayed 2-6 weeks this week. I rarely see things arrive sooner than anticipated. I have a corn head originally slated for sept delivery. Currently has a delivery date of November 24. So that doesn’t do much good. 

Macdon had royally fucked up deliveries too 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Macdon had royally fucked up deliveries too 

It’s all manufacturers. They are all using allocation now to try and ensure delivery for the various seasons. Only so many companies can make hydraulic fittings, bearings, tires, tracks, etc. So I don’t care if it’s green, red, blue, yellow, black, etc, they all use the same suppliers. Tracks are a big limiting factor for combine and tractor delivery currently. 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

This is probably my favourite 

128C84B1-EA27-4323-81F2-E07F989C1047.jpeg

That have big arms that swing out?  We got some pretty crazy equipment rolling in the fields around here too.  I gotta snap a pic of this haybaler/processor thing I've seen around town.  Processes about a 60 ft. swath of hay at around 25 mph.  Crazy cool.  Even some of the shit spreaders are pretty nuts.