Machinery and parts shortages

It’s not just a parts shortage. It’s the quality of parts. Camshafts and lifters that aren’t hardened. Pistons that are annealed and brittle. It’s a mess. The global supply chain is pretty well broken. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s not just a parts shortage. It’s the quality of parts. Camshafts and lifters that aren’t hardened. Pistons that are annealed and brittle. It’s a mess. The global supply chain is pretty well broken. 

Local deere really wanted to sell me tractors for next summer. We were close to a deal then the salesman called me and said deere just told them that they can’t even sell their allocation, they have to go back and cancel signed deals. 

heard Rocky Mountain is getting around 15 new tractors for 35 stores 

it’s getting squirrelly out here 

Combines and headers aren’t showing up on time. Old construction equipment is selling for big money because you can’t get new. I thought it would recover quicker than this but it’s getting worse 

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, ACE said:

Local deere really wanted to sell me tractors for next summer. We were close to a deal then the salesman called me and said deere just told them that they can’t even sell their allocation, they have to go back and cancel signed deals. 

Yep, Deere dealers are only being given an allotment of 10% of the previous years equipment sales. So if you sold 100 x350's last year, you're only getting 10 units this year. I sold 2000 oil filters to a Deere chain last week because Deere can't supply them..

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Yep, Deere dealers are only being given an allotment of 10% of the previous years equipment sales. So if you sold 100 x350's last year, you're only getting 10 units this year. I sold 2000 oil filters to a Deere chain last week because Deere can't supply them..

The impression I got is deere told them they weren’t even getting their allotment now either 

• Gold Member

Still seeing issues with getting parts in collision repair too. It’s weird some things come in a few days but then others it’s weeks for things you’d think be in stock. 

40 minutes ago, ACE said:

Combines and headers aren’t showing up on time. Old construction equipment is selling for big money because you can’t get new. I thought it would recover quicker than this but it’s getting worse 

My buds seeing that at his job he does sales at a big equipment rental place if the company lets it go he’s selling used equipment for more than the new stuffs going for.

Edited by 800renegaderider

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, ACE said:

The impression I got is deere told them they weren’t even getting their allotment now either 

Definitely possible, Deere is in pretty bad shape at the moment. I don't get much info on the AG side of things I deal with the L&G side

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Definitely possible, Deere is in pretty bad shape at the moment. I don't get much info on the AG side of things I deal with the L&G side

About the only thing that’s not riding the wave up is deere combines because they’re shitty 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Still seeing issues with getting parts in collision repair too. It’s weird some things come in a few days but then others it’s weeks for things you’d think be in stock. 

My buds seeing that at his job he does sales at a big equipment rental place if the company lets it go he’s selling used equipment for more than the new stuffs going for.

In 30 some years, I have never seen anything like this. Everything is so fucked up, now.  I wont start a job until I have parts in hand.  Just sent a minivan home yesterday after a couple weeks . Still waiting for a bumper cover. 
Just paid $140.00 for a gallon of filler. 400.00 for a pint of paint. Estimating system can’t keep up with part increases.  

• Sad 1

Look no further than the snowmobile market.  Same thing happening there.  Used sleds going for more than they were new, with thousands of miles on them.

I sure hope any of you that actually still ride, get on the maintenance and upkeep sooner than later.  Once everyone sees that first snow flake in the air, I suspect parts will become harder to get there as well.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Cold War said:

In 30 some years, I have never seen anything like this. Everything is so fucked up, now.  I wont start a job until I have parts in hand.  Just sent a minivan home yesterday after a couple weeks . Still waiting for a bumper cover. 
Just paid $140.00 for a gallon of filler. 400.00 for a pint of paint. Estimating system can’t keep up with part increases.  

It’s crazy. My boss won’t preorder parts unless the customer pays for them up front we’ve got stiffed one to many times with no shows then you’re stuck returning parts that may not be returnable or have a 25% restocking fee that we have to take the hit on. We’ve had to put more than a few cars back together after tear down because after ordering parts we find out they are months out. I’ve never heard no ETA on parts more in my life 😂 it’s almost a daily occurrence.

How far out are you guys booking? We are going into October now and I hear some shops around here are already basically booked full for most the winter.

We installed two camshafts in a mid 2000 Chevy. Both had defective hardening and failed. Finally bought a used camshaft from a local salvage yard and a set of NOS lifters from marketplace. The truck is running great. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

It’s crazy. My boss won’t preorder parts unless the customer pays for them up front we’ve got stiffed one to many times with no shows then you’re stuck returning parts that may not be returnable or have a 25% restocking fee that we have to take the hit on. We’ve had to put more than a few cars back together after tear down because after ordering parts we find out they are months out. I’ve never heard no ETA on parts more in my life 😂 it’s almost a daily occurrence.

How far out are you guys booking? We are going into October now and I hear some shops around here are already basically booked full for most the winter.

We wont do the 25 % restock.  Fuck that.  We quit dealing with several places over it. Every now and then if you needed a core support, some odd inner structural part , you would hear ETA .  Now it is everything you order. 🙄

7 hours ago, ACE said:

Time to look at Challenger and Massey.  

6 hours ago, ACE said:

About the only thing that’s not riding the wave up is deere combines because they’re shitty 

Claas FTMFW!

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Bestest there is.*

Yeah crazy how a smaller, privately owned German company has been kicking North American companies in the teeth 

This has been going for the last 18 months in the ag business. Kiot and cnh quit taking orders all together for a while. The prices change about every 3 months as well. This is all I have dealt with since about fall of 2020. 

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Time to look at Challenger and Massey.  

Claas FTMFW!

They are in no better shape. I have customers that are the biggest dealers of those in the Midwest and their inventory is super thin 

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Challenger combines were the same as the Masseys, with both got the boot for Fendt, I think.  

Here they were lexicons. Conventional cylinder with two separating rotors