FS Vintage Sled Thread

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Did the Tamarack stuff last year, had a blast.  

Cleaning the race shop and big trailer this weekend instead.

Might loose my marbles and search out a ramp truck.  

Last year I did the ERX event which was really fun but it'd be depressing this year with no snow.  I thought about going and put a couple sleds in the show and then check out the swap and the evening racing.  But it'll be funner to somewhat ride machines

On 1/26/2024 at 9:45 PM, Doug said:

Screenshot_20240126_214411_Facebook.jpg

That's not out of line for an original seat like that. That's a 69 seat but would work on a 70. He shouldn't have 68 in the ad though.

It’s always interesting to see one of your old sleds come back up for sale some 20+ years after you sold it… “Custom” because we transplanted a 1973 400 in it.  Looks exactly like it did when sold!

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/snw/d/albert-lea-1972-polaris-atx-335/7712986154.html

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

It’s always interesting to see one of your old sleds come back up for sale some 20+ years after you sold it… “Custom” because we transplanted a 1973 400 in it.  Looks exactly like it did when sold!

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/snw/d/albert-lea-1972-polaris-atx-335/7712986154.html

Buying it back :thumb:

Can't ride so went to a vintage snowmobile show with some nice sleds there.  The resro-mod 74 ski-doo with LQ triple was an impressive build.

20240203_124044.jpg

20240203_124031.jpg

20240203_112607.jpg

20240203_111936.jpg

20240203_093558.jpg

20240203_085346.jpg

20240203_111836.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

If anyone here wants to see a Arctic Cat Quadtrack in action, this is a pretty good video.  Kind of have the itch to try to buy one again.

that's awesome :thumbsup:

seem to recall the little ski hill (not Rib MTN) in town having one when I was a kid

It is kind of funny.  When we road tripped out west this summer,

I saw that on Marketplace and thought it would be fun to have for that price, thing I figured out where the hell it was.

A one road in/out town that you have to go into from the west and leave going the same way.

38 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Facebook memory from the Liquid Larry's ride 8 years ago.

FB_IMG_1707229118870.jpg

Liquid Larry’s - that place was quite the stop!  He sold a few years ago did he not??  

3 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Liquid Larry’s - that place was quite the stop!  He sold a few years ago did he not??  

I believe it did. That was one of the most fun vintage rides I went on. We rode from Larrys to Tom and Jerry's in Chisholm and back.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This sled use to make laps around the local dirt track during intermission.  Skis were removed along with the track and 2 small dia balloon tires took the place of the track.  The sled(?) was restored a few years back

Screenshot_20240322_185725_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

This sled use to make laps around the local dirt track during intermission.  Skis were removed along with the track and 2 small dia balloon tires took the place of the track.  The sled(?) was restored a few years back

Screenshot_20240322_185725_Facebook.jpg

That's cool. Arctic Kitten is pretty rare.