New cats leaked?

1 hour ago, Doug said:

The IPad also has a map of the plant so she doesn't get lost.  Ramstad had to find her the last time she was in the plant.

Any images of this  hottie. Heidi  modeling the new Arctic Cat chassis....

1 hour ago, ICG said:

Any images of this  hottie. Heidi  modeling the new Arctic Cat chassis....

They asked her to stand by the new snowmobile but she kept on going over by a side by side.

5 hours ago, Anler said:

The poo edge chassis was pretty good

Sure in 1998 but by 2004 it was a donkey cart.  Polaris made up for it in 2005 with revolutionary new sled that used far less fuel than the competitors by spending the snowmobile season at the dealer waiting for parts.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Sure in 1998 but by 2004 it was a donkey cart.  Polaris made up for it in 2005 with revolutionary new sled that used far less fuel than the competitors by spending the snowmobile season at the dealer waiting for parts.

Sounds like my ctech 800. It spent over a season at the dealer waiting for parts. And this was pre supply issues. They had already built and shipped the eb sleds before they could get repair parts for mine. 

11 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Sounds like my ctech 800. It spent over a season at the dealer waiting for parts. And this was pre supply issues. They had already built and shipped the eb sleds before they could get repair parts for mine. 

Man that wait time you had seems to double every time you talk about it 

3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I gave up on Polaris after 3 shitty new ones in a row 95 XCR 600-96 XCR 600 SP-97 Ultra SP.  In 2005 I bought an RX1 ER, my first 4 stroke sled.  At the time, all our riding was in Quebec and New Brunswick, and in the big country fast groomed trails they have up there, it was awesome.  My 3 riding buddies all bought Fusion 900s.  The following year, 2 of them, along with me, traded for the new Apex GTs.  Our one buddy who kept his, had the 37 updates done to his, and it shit the bed 10 miles into a 5 day saddlebag trip with 6 other guys.  Pretty much ruine.d him on the sport.  Kept me off of Polaris for another 20 years until 2016, and I will say this, I like the new Polaris's alot but I'd never own one again out of warranty.  After getting ass raped on my 17 Assault engine claim, fuck Polaris.  Ski Doo ftw, despite how overpriced and fucked up they can be at times.

9 hours ago, ACE said:

Man that wait time you had seems to double every time you talk about it 

that was a separate issue waiting for chassis parts, after the engine went out on it with little to no miles. 

Textron...

OK- who from here is going to Hay Days?

I'm guessing that Cat will do their usual Noon reveal like they normally do with their race sleds. 

Anyone remember the year that they brought in the new race sled by helicopter for the reveal?

We're also going to know if Cat's relationship with Yamaha is going to be a long term one. If Yamaha doesn't have a version of the new chassis, then we know that marriage is over..... Then what's next for Yamaha?

Yamaha.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 9:58 PM, DriftBusta said:

I gave up on Polaris after 3 shitty new ones in a row 95 XCR 600-96 XCR 600 SP-97 Ultra SP.  In 2005 I bought an RX1 ER, my first 4 stroke sled.  At the time, all our riding was in Quebec and New Brunswick, and in the big country fast groomed trails they have up there, it was awesome.  My 3 riding buddies all bought Fusion 900s.  The following year, 2 of them, along with me, traded for the new Apex GTs.  Our one buddy who kept his, had the 37 updates done to his, and it shit the bed 10 miles into a 5 day saddlebag trip with 6 other guys.  Pretty much ruine.d him on the sport.  Kept me off of Polaris for another 20 years until 2016, and I will say this, I like the new Polaris's alot but I'd never own one again out of warranty.  After getting ass raped on my 17 Assault engine claim, fuck Polaris.  Ski Doo ftw, despite how overpriced and fucked up they can be at times.

I have my 2018 assault up at woodticks cabin. He texted me Saturday and said it started on the second pull. MAGA!

3 hours ago, Ziemann said:

We're also going to know if Cat's relationship with Yamaha is going to be a long term one. If Yamaha doesn't have a version of the new chassis, then we know that marriage is over..... Then what's next for Yamaha?

Yamaha.jpeg

love that meme...lol!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anler said:

I have my 2018 assault up at woodticks cabin. He texted me Saturday and said it started on the second pull. MAGA!

I loved mine.  Until it stopped loving me back.  It was the first ride of the season, had  the rear skid all rebuilt with fresh bearings and shocks, couple other things.  Got gas half way through the day from this pretty remote spot, and she blew a few miles later.  :lol: 

Edited by DriftBusta

22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I loved mine.  Until it stopped loving me back.  It was the first ride of the season, had  the rear skid all rebuilt with fresh bearings and shocks, couple other things.  Got gas half way through the day from this pretty remote spot, and she blew a few miles later.  :lol: 

And then you rode it back on one hole :lol: full retard move 

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

And then you rode it back on one hole :lol: full retard move 

Sure Ben, you were there, tore the motor down and were able to determine that.  Run along Nancy, snowmachiners are talking now.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Sure Ben, you were there, tore the motor down and were able to determine that.  Run along Nancy, snowmachiners are talking now.

Did you or did you not ride it home some distance on one hole? 

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Did you or did you not ride it home some distance on one hole? 

*sigh*. Do we really need to cue up the drunken sunken sled pic for reference of what is a clear poor decision to what is you playing armchair quaterback from 1500 miles away?

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I'm guessing that Cat will do their usual Noon reveal like they normally do with their race sleds. 

Anyone remember the year that they brought in the new race sled by helicopter for the reveal?

Might make it Sunday again.  Not sure yet.

I remember when the revealed the snowbike and got a bunch of people all hot and bothered. 

That went over well.  

8 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Should be a 1 PM reveal at the Cat booth.  They probably will keep it in a crate until it's time to unveil.

I'm usually there for the iPad speech while @D-rail @X2700 and @Potatodigger1 talk engine reliability with the Polaris engineers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/20/2022 at 10:58 PM, DriftBusta said:

I bought an 06 900 fusion....it was a pretty good sled. The front end was fantastic and the 06 motor was largely updated. Still had its problems...but most were solved with a torque arm and upgraded motor mounts. 

It still shook like a dog pooping carpet tacks.

Edited by SkisNH

11 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I bought an 06 900 fusion....it was a pretty good sled. The front end was fantastic and the 06 motor was largely updated. Still had its problems...but most were solved with a torque arm and upgraded motor mounts. 

It still shook like a dog pooping carpet tacks.

They were slow ...that was the biggest issue. 

On 7/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, Anler said:

skidoo even has a similar color. When you line them all up there isnt a whole lot of difference between them as far as design and function. The only real difference is level of finish and skidoo does the best job on that

Until you hit that frozen pop can any way 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

*sigh*. Do we really need to cue up the drunken sunken sled pic for reference of what is a clear poor decision to what is you playing armchair quaterback from 1500 miles away?

giphy.gif

A moment of drunken idiocy does not compare to the conscious and sober decision to fully terminate a motor that might have only needed a piston because you’re too lazy to tow it. Rookie

Edited by f7ben

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

A moment of drunken idiocy does not compare to the conscious and sober decision to fully terminate a motor that might have only needed a piston because you’re too lazy to tow it. Rookie

I had top of the line muscle sleds when you were still riding a saucer down your front lawn little fella.  You weren't there, you're talking out of your ass, and know shit about the condition of that motor.  We were over 50 miles from camp, and I made a call to nurse it home.  BFD.  I was on a brand new sled the following weekend, and missed no riding time.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I had top of the line muscle sleds when you were still riding a saucer down your front lawn little fella.  You weren't there, you're talking out of your ass, and know shit about the condition of that motor.  We were over 50 miles from camp, and I made a call to nurse it home.  BFD.  I was on a brand new sled the following weekend, and missed no riding time.

Nobody who knows the first thing about an engine would ever do what you did unless they had money to burn and even then you’d still have to be partially retarded. Sbyl