Welcome to the new norm...Heat waves dominating

I remember summer of 88 living in twin cities and that was a hot dry sob!!

driving on I90 yesterday and lots of trucks losing retreads!!

Edited by X2700

40 minutes ago, X2700 said:

I remember summer of 88 living in twin cities and that was a hot dry sob!!

driving on I90 yesterday and lots of trucks losing retreads!!

I remember when I was 6-7 ys old (early 70's) and the back windshield on my parents Parisienne blew out due to the heat. We were in Huntsville ON at the time so somewhat North if that matters any? Of course no windows were rolled down at the time as all were busy swimming trying to avoid the heat but boom went the back windshield.  

Edited by irv

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, f7ben said:

You are just the dumbest faggot I’ve ever seen. An amalgamation of the worst idiocy of both Dems and Pubs. Just full fucking retard. I’m guessing you have been blatantly wrong more times than MC. Dumb as fuck 

Just a New Jersey Retard...Even the dumbfucks that claim to be Republican in that State are raging Dems at heart...

If the oceans are rising due to climate change and melting glaciers, why are rivers like the Thames and Rhine drying up? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, irv said:

If the oceans are rising due to climate change and melting glaciers, why are rivers like the Thames and Rhine drying up? :dunno:

And the colorado

9 minutes ago, irv said:

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

And the colorado

Don't for get about all of the lakes drying up.......... :thumbsup:

Good gauge is my pool... no heating just from the sun, no solar cover.

Been in the high 80s all week, pool is at 80 degrees.... same as it always is this time of year. If it get above 81, I;ll let you know...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Ask anyone who lived in the MW in the 1930's which was the hottest.   When watching the local weather I often pay attention to record highs and I'd say 7-10 are still from the 1930's.

https://recordtemps.in/des-moines-iowa

10 highest recorded temperatures at Des Moines Area, Iowa (DSMthr)

10 highest recorded temperatures at Rhinelander Area, Wisconsin (RHIthr)

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Pretty sure none of you read the link I posted......highest Temps ever in UK and many record Temps being shattered worldwide. This isn't a localized event and isn't what we used to call a "normal" summer. Roads melting and runways buckling..yeah that happens every summer...come on you deniers....time to wake up.:lol: Hey I'm not for carbon taxes and just feel we have to get used to this new extreme weather which is quickly becoming the norm. Some on here actually think we are cooling...simply unbelievable.

Roads and sidewalks buckle around where I live from the heat, not too often and not too many places but it does happen from the heat in the summer months if we have temps of 90*f or higher for several days in a row. One guy I know works for the local water authority and he told me their magic numbers are 38*f & 83*f anything above or below those temps play hell on the water mains and cause the lines to break from expansion & contraction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

Ask anyone who lived in the MW in the 1930's which was the hottest.   When watching the local weather I often pay attention to record highs and I'd say 7-10 are still from the 1930's.

https://recordtemps.in/des-moines-iowa

10 highest recorded temperatures at Des Moines Area, Iowa (DSMthr)

10 highest recorded temperatures at Rhinelander Area, Wisconsin (RHIthr)

I'm not sure about your area but here in NH / VT, probably ME too,  our temps were warmer back in the early 1900s then today due to there being aot more open land. I love looking at old oil paintings of the area and seeing all of the open farm land compared to today.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm not sure about your area but here in NH / VT, probably ME too,  our temps were warmer back in the early 1900s then today due to there being aot more open land. I love looking at old oil paintings of the area and seeing all of the open farm land compared to today.

This time of year the crops can add 5-10 deg to the dew points and the same to the feels like temps around here.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

Just now, Highmark said:

This time of year the crops can add 5-10 deg to the dew points and the same to the feels like temps.

You guys probably have more farmland today you did 100 years ago?

We are in Nova Scotia and it's brutal up on our hill and our road is called Sunshine Lane. The sun comes up early and bakes you all day even when it's 70 deg. Today was btwn 80-85 and the lake temp was 76. We usually hop in the vehicle and go for a drive to cool off and then go down to the dock or out in the pontoon.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

All planned sheep.

The only thing missing on the vid is where he said "fear" sells. 

“FEAR SELLS” SAYS CNN DIRECTOR CHARLIE CHESTER

https://neiuindependent.org/17351/news/fear-sells-says-cnn-director-charlie-chester/

Nice little circle jerk going on here........did I say I care about the definitive global warming?....No, It wont have too much affect on my lifetime.....remember Im a selfish boomer who could care less but stats are stats and we are definitely warming...GLOBALLY!

What it is doIng out your window and town is irrelevant.  Being left or right doesn't change facts....FOOLS!!!