age limits and term limits

what should be the age limit to hold public office and how many terms in federal office(s) should the maximum be, in your opinion? 

funny how most of Americans from either side of the aisle agree on term limits yet we never seem to hold their hands to the fire over the topic.  

Biden and Trump are both too fucking old, and don't even get me started on those cunts entrenched in the Senate. 

we need some smart, problem solving, pragmatic, practical new blood leading this country and far less kooks and senior citizens.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what should be the age limit to hold public office and how many terms in federal office(s) should the maximum be, in your opinion? 

funny how most of Americans from either side of the aisle agree on term limits yet we never seem to hold their hands to the fire over the topic.  

Biden and Trump are both too fucking old, and don't even get me started on those cunts entrenched in the Senate. 

we need some smart, problem solving, pragmatic, practical new blood leading this country and far less kooks and senior citizens.  

Personally I don't understand why we limited the president to 2 terms, but not members of Congress. Age limits: whatever the retirement age is at that particular time.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

50 years old, max 10 years of service, at least 30 years old and must be a current military soldier or a veteran to run for any federal office.

Ive heard this before .....problem is most Soldiers are not Leaders. They are just good at following orders. 

I say over 30 years old and 70 years old max. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Elections make these decisions.

But your opinion on the subject would be appreciated old wise one .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• USA Contributing Member

65 is old enough.  2 tours and you're out no matter how good you are.

Same for senators & congress on age no more than 10 years.

If your mental ability is in question a cognitive test can be ordered.  We shouldn't have someone that can't work a McDonalds drive through make us look like the laughingstock.

If you finish your job with a questionable gain in wealth this should be looked at and if it's determined you took advantage of your gov job to gain this wealth there should be repercussions.  Public service is not a place to get rich.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
50 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

If your mental ability is in question a cognitive test can be ordered.  We shouldn't have someone that can't work a McDonalds drive through make us look like the laughingstock.

If you finish your job with a questionable gain in wealth this should be looked at and if it's determined you took advantage of your gov job to gain this wealth there should be repercussions.  Public service is not a place to get rich.

Hey Bathhouse Barry and Michael Obama got this fair and square. 

7307B33D-DC64-4A0C-B386-C247A60F5469.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what should be the age limit to hold public office and how many terms in federal office(s) should the maximum. . .

This was clearer in 1776.

1.) Senators + Congressmen were NOT paid.

2.) People did not live to be as old as we do today.

3.) Transportation was crude... Hard to get to Washington.

4.)  Career politicians weren't expected., it was a civic duty to country + community.

The above was intended to be the controls....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, $poorsledder$ said:

You mean like this little deal?? Scum of the earth 

Nancy Pelosi's husband buys over $1 million of computer chip stock weeks before vote on industry subsidies

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nancy-pelosis-husband-buys-million-computer-chip-stock-weeks-vote-industry-subsidies

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

But your opinion on the subject would be appreciated old wise one .

That’s my opinion. Get out and vote. I wouldn’t be surprised if half the members her don’t vote.

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

That’s my opinion. Get out and vote. I wouldn’t be surprised if half the members her don’t vote.

I vote any time I can, voted in our primary 2 weeks ago

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Why the fuck should anyone with a single functioning brain cell participate in this bullshit scam government? 

48 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Why the fuck should anyone with a single functioning brain cell participate in this bullshit scam government? 

if you don't vote then don't bitch:good:

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:lol: So unless you participate in the scam you can't bitch about the scam

If you don’t choose between douche or turd sandwich you don’t get to bitch derp derp derp derp derrrrrr

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Elections make these decisions.

Actually money makes most of them today, and incumbents have an unfair advantage.

12 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Hey Bathhouse Barry and Michael Obama got this fair and square. 

7307B33D-DC64-4A0C-B386-C247A60F5469.jpeg

Globull warming!

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

You mean like this little deal?? Scum of the earth 

Nancy Pelosi's husband buys over $1 million of computer chip stock weeks before vote on industry subsidies

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/nancy-pelosis-husband-buys-million-computer-chip-stock-weeks-vote-industry-subsidies

Cool.  Im down pretty big on Nividia.   Come on rally!  😄