New Vehicle Owners-customer care question

Bought a 2022 Hyundai Tucson for the wife last year. Part of the deal was a hitch and wiring(just needed hitch for wifes bike rack). Had it down in the city 2.5 hours from home to get hitch installed. They said about 3 hours so I asked for a courtesy car,they said no way. They only offer a shuttle van. I talked to the manager because I had a bunch of things I could do in 3 hours with wheels,and he said sorry no can do,even though they had dozens of used vehicles. Do you guys get wheels when at the dealer? I've always gotten wheels at any other dealer I've dealt with.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, HSR said:

Bought a 2022 Hyundai Tucson for the wife last year. Part of the deal was a hitch and wiring(just needed hitch for wifes bike rack). Had it down in the city 2.5 hours from home to get hitch installed. They said about 3 hours so I asked for a courtesy car,they said no way. They only offer a shuttle van. I talked to the manager because I had a bunch of things I could do in 3 hours with wheels,and he said sorry no can do,even though they had dozens of used vehicles. Do you guys get wheels when at the dealer? I've always gotten wheels at any other dealer I've dealt with.

Had my truck at the dealer for recalls and was told they don't have courtesy cars anymore, but I could rent one for the day. $35 bucks.

Not at the Ford dealer or ram dealer or Subaru . But at the Benz dealer they give my wife one every time  . Always fully loaded new well under 4k mi rides.  Think it us more of a sales pitch 

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

Had my truck at the dealer for recalls and was told they don't have courtesy cars anymore, but I could rent one for the day. $35 bucks.

For that money I would have been cranky but rented :thumbsup:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, HSR said:

I paid the 35 bucks and got a few things done.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Yhink that is what it was last time I got 1 at the ram dealer for about 3/4 of the day . Some 4 door thing was pretty new 

• Gold Member

Wife’s car (Toyota) had a recall couple months ago and I got a loaner. They fought it as the labor hours didn’t justify a loaner he said but eventually I got one. I cheated a little though I kinda tossed out where I work and how many parts my employer buys from them that changed his mind on his labor hour requirements 😂

I've usually dropped vehicle off and had a ride.  Had a '15 Silverado that had transmission problems so they had it for an extended period of time.  Dealer gave me a brand new GMC crew cab to drive for 2 weeks.  Same truck bent a couple of pushrods awhile later.  They brought me a brand new Colorado crew cab (dealer is about 45 minutes away from me) and picked my truck up.  Had the Colorado for a month.  Needless to say, I don't have the '15 Silverado anymore.

The dealer I work for always has about four loaner cars and a shuttle.  Sales guys will also lend out their demos for good customers.  Manufacturer will let us bill about $60 per day for a loaner car on a warranty repair.  This winter past a guy was in a loaner for nine weeks waiting on engine parts.  Problem gets to be when entitled people want a loaner car for an oil change or a half hour long recall.  Then the loaner is gone for the day and isn’t there for someone who really needs it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HSR said:

You need to schedule the loaner....but yes I get one. 

9 hours ago, soeaster said:

I've usually dropped vehicle off and had a ride.  Had a '15 Silverado that had transmission problems so they had it for an extended period of time.  Dealer gave me a brand new GMC crew cab to drive for 2 weeks.  Same truck bent a couple of pushrods awhile later.  They brought me a brand new Colorado crew cab (dealer is about 45 minutes away from me) and picked my truck up.  Had the Colorado for a month.  Needless to say, I don't have the '15 Silverado anymore.

What did you think of the Colorado?

17 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Wife’s car (Toyota) had a recall couple months ago and I got a loaner. They fought it as the labor hours didn’t justify a loaner he said but eventually I got one. I cheated a little though I kinda tossed out where I work and how many parts my employer buys from them that changed his mind on his labor hour requirements 😂

I just picked up a really clean 18 4runner. Wife is going to be pissed when she see the gas mileage on it 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SkisNH said:

What did you think of the Colorado?

It was ok, but after a month, I missed my Silverado.  It was decent but I just prefer a full size.  If I was looking for a smaller truck, I'd definitely revisit the Colorado as an option.

• Gold Member
14 hours ago, toslow said:

I just picked up a really clean 18 4runner. Wife is going to be pissed when she see the gas mileage on it 😂

Nice congratulations love 4Runners. Did you get a Pro those look nice. Back when we bought the rav in 19 I wanted the wife to get a 4Runner but she wasn’t a fan 😞 she like the new design of the rav better.