Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

The 97 Mach 1 was a fast 700. Around 140 hp 

1 of the Crashtest Dummy brothers in my town had 1, yes it was.He was terrible at drag racing but he blew by me on the lake a couple times.

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Did you ever ride a z1 ext? Night and day difference to a shorty. Beautiful balance and so predictable. Probably my favorite sled ever. 

I had an 800 ext and it just plain worked well. 

I did a better rear shock and motor mounts.  Simple to ride and simple to beat.  That skid was the right size for that chassis.  And the damn thing was comfortable.  Easiest riding sled I've owned.

The turbo probably took care of the last thing it didn't have.  Top end. 

I ran big windshield and aggressive carbides.  I don't recall seeing triple digits.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, favoritos said:

I did a better rear shock and motor mounts.  Simple to ride and simple to beat.  That skid was the right size for that chassis.  And the damn thing was comfortable.  Easiest riding sled I've owned.

I ran big windshield and aggressive carbides.  I don't recall seeing triple digits.

Mine would run out of gear at 118gps in right around 1000’ give or take. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 3:00 PM, Bontz said:

I don't think anyone here is brand loyal though ... are you?  It sure smells that way by the way you're going at length to defend Cat and their latest launch.  We get it, you love it .... good for you.  Others, including myself, are impressed but Cat could have done more ... MUCH MORE.  And because of that, they continue to lose customers to BRP and Polaris.

The way the economy is right now I would think any brand would be cautious about putting all their eggs in a basket and running it down a rough trail.

On 9/12/2022 at 3:25 PM, Bontz said:

How many times have I told you, I don't hate Cat ... I hate owners who are blindly brand loyal (which means I also bash diehard Polaris and BRP guys too).  I don't get why you're so invested in defending a product so badly ... heck, I'm not even bashing it (that much).  All I'm saying is, Cat has had PLENTY OF TIME to come out with something to actually deliver.  And they didn't even do that ... they're just stringing along what they have left for diehard customers.  Had they come out with a new chassis and a "hypersled" class engine - THAT would have been a jaw dropper and given many the option to consider trying Cat again.  But what they did now?  Not so much.

Stop crying ... and look in the mirror when you say someone sounds like a woman :lol2:

Have a favorite car brand? Gun manufacturer? Cookie flavor?

I haven't owned anything but a Yamaha for 24 years. Ridden all makes, but only owned Yamaha.

Being happy with what you like is not a stupid thing. We all do it to one extent or another. To make it a big deal is disingenuous and in the end, I bet hypocritical..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

The way the economy is right now I would think any brand would be cautious about putting all their eggs in a basket and running it down a rough trail.

I haven't owned anything but a Yamaha for 24 years. Ridden all makes, but only owned Yamaha.

Being happy with what you like is not a stupid thing. We all do it to one extent or another. To make it a big deal is disingenuous and in the end, I bet hypocritical..

You ride an arctic cat bro

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

I think you're missing the point of what I was saying .... being happy with your brand is fine.  Defending it to the point of stupidity is where I call it blindly brand loyal.  Have you seen Jim Ramstad's posts? LOL  For snowmobiles, I would be more inclined to see people as dealer loyal than brand loyal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EvilBird said:

98 700 triple GT ....sold it few months ago thankfully,  hunk of shit :lol:

342A3622-5444-499A-B4DC-82083E0C7D8A.jpeg

It must have handled like a refrigerator on roller skates.  The CK3s I road surely did.  I went from a 97 UltraSP to a 98 then 2000 SRX 700s back then.

11 hours ago, favoritos said:

My old man had a Z1 LXR.  If all I did was pile trail miles on, I'd be buying every low mile one of those I could find.  What a trail sled!

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I think you're missing the point of what I was saying .... being happy with your brand is fine.  Defending it to the point of stupidity is where I call it blindly brand loyal.  Have you seen Jim Ramstad's posts? LOL  For snowmobiles, I would be more inclined to see people as dealer loyal than brand loyal.

That guy is a jagoff…try to have a discussion about where Cat is headed and the fucker interprets everything as a bash and starts crying about the forum being a “no bash zone” and telling people to leave.😂

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

27 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You ride an arctic cat bro

If it wasn't powered by the best engine in the industry, I wouldn't be on a Cat.

11 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I can honestly say I have only had to deal with dealers when I bought or needed a wreck repaired, Never had to deal with them for mech issues...

21 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It must have handled like a refrigerator on roller skates.  The CK3s I road surely did.  I went from a 97 UltraSP to a 98 then 2000 SRX 700s back then.

Honestly the F chassis was a way better sled than the CK3 

53 minutes ago, Snake said:

The first comment is dumb, the second valid.  I've never understood loyalty to any brand.  Why not buy the best thing for you regardless.  Dumstad of course is the worst.  His blind belief in the best is crazy

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

The first comment is dumb, the second valid.  I've never understood loyalty to any brand.  Why not buy the best thing for you regardless.  Dumstad of course is the worst.  His blind belief in the best is crazy

It's what I did, but you call it dumb.

500HP sled anyone?

Selling my sidewinder has very low km selling Due to im building a race sled .. sled comes with all kinds of extras, fully built motor with Carrillo rods and pistons, high boost head gasket, heavy duty timing chAin, turbo technics turbo with stock mod exhaust , big intercooler 2 tracks one trail track and 1 chisel track aftermarket bigger bogey wheels [hidden information] pump gas tunes and 475-500 race gas tunes clutches all aligned and true and never blew a belt

500hp.PNG

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Depends on if your reasons are logical on why.  For you I assume they are for Jim they are not.

What the hell does it depend on? I buy what I like for no other reason... I sure as hell don't do it to please people on a forum.

Guess when you feel the need to argue about anything....

Edited by Snake
  • Like 2