Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

No and I think the majority of sledder's would agree.  

I don't.
If your releasing a new Chassis every year for 10 years, no one gives a shit.
They see it all the time. It's nothing new.

Same for alot of things.
If a random stand up comedian gives a show every day at the same theater for a month, sure a few people will show up.
But if its only done once a month, and rare, the stadium will be packed.
This is true in many facets of life.

Had Cat been releasing tid bits and glimpses, the Hay Days show wouldn't have had hundreds of people packed around this new design. You want to keep people talking, keep the excitement level high. Now, Cat will be in forefront of sled talk everywhere FOR YEARS....the main folks like snoegoer and snowtrax will keep discussing it, you'll hear it during bar talk, online talk, during local rides, racing events and shows, and it won't dissipate because its been 10 damn years and we have a entirely new generation of riders seeing this for the first time, along with everyone else.

It's the newest chassis in the industry now.
And BTW when we hit 2023 in a few months, Polaris chassis is going on 8 years old (Matryx not a new chassis, just new egros) and Doo's G4 will be 6 years old.

It will take a moment for some of the blockheads to admit, but the tables have just turned.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

I don't.
If your releasing a new Chassis every year for 10 years, no one gives a shit.
They see it all the time. It's nothing new.

Same for alot of things.
If a random stand up comedian gives a show every day at the same theater for a month, sure a few people will show up.
But if its only done once a month, and rare, the stadium will be packed.
This is true in many facets of life.

Had Cat been releasing tid bits and glimpses, the Hay Days show wouldn't have had hundreds of people packed around this new design. You want to keep people talking, keep the excitement level high. Now, Cat will be in forefront of sled talk everywhere FOR YEARS....the main folks like snoegoer and snowtrax will keep discussing it, you'll hear it during bar talk, online talk, during local rides, racing events and shows, and it won't dissipate because its been 10 damn years and we have a entirely new generation of riders seeing this for the first time, along with everyone else.

It's the newest chassis in the industry now.
And BTW when we hit 2023 in a few months, Polaris chassis is going on 8 years old (Matryx not a new chassis, just new egros) and Doo's G4 will be 6 years old.

It will take a moment for some of the blockheads to admit, but the tables have just turned.

That's the same as saying they weren't keeping up.  :lol:  All one has to do is look at sales.   Next your going to tell me Textron UTV/ATV's are industry leaders as well.  :lol:  

How come you don't ride a Cat?  You sure seem to be in love with them. 

Fact is we really don't know how different it is from what the other brands are already selling.   The big "release" was very limited other than descriptions.   No detailed visual of how the chassis/bulkhead is different.

Fact is Cat isn't ready or it would be offering it up this year.  They put it out early because their base is concerned they are getting out of sledding.....which they very may well be yet with as little as information on the new models they are offering up.

Aren't they still paying Doo for copying their chassis?   

Edited by Highmark

30 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Fact is Cat isn't ready or it would be offering it up this year.  They put it out early because their base is concerned they are getting out of sledding.....which they very may well be yet with as little as information on the new models they are offering up.

Well this is delicate for them.
Everything is riding on this new Catalyst platform, most likely the future and existence of Arctic Cat.
It would be really stupid for them to show all of their cards now.
However, they needed to let the world know about this new Chassis to get everyone in the sport on notice.

Thats all this HayDays appearance was.
And it worked. Very well. 
Also, it gives Cat time to make adjustments/tweaks and listen to feedback as they work towards a final product, which is very close. The chassis looks ready to roll, the 600 looks ready to roll, but the bigger bore engine and exact details of everything will keep everyone guessing and on thier toes, until its released, keeping it the latest and greatest in the industry.
This is a huge advantage and keeps their announcement and future announcements  front and center. And right now, thats EXACTLY where Cat need to be. Good, exciting PR for the future and a promising new product, and just let that taste sit in everyone's mouths for a few seasons.

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Well this is delicate for them.
Everything is riding on this new Catalyst platform, most likely the future and existence of Arctic Cat.
It would be really stupid for them to show all of their cards now.
However, they needed to let the world know about this new Chassis to get everyone in the sport on notice.

Thats all this HayDays appearance was.
And it worked. Very well. 
Also, it gives Cat time to make adjustments/tweaks and listen to feedback as they work towards a final product, which is very close. The chassis looks ready to roll, the 600 looks ready to roll, but the bigger bore engine and exact details of everything will keep everyone guessing and on thier toes, until its released, keeping it the latest and greatest in the industry.
This is a huge advantage and keeps their announcement and future announcements  front and center. And right now, thats EXACTLY where Cat need to be. Good, exciting PR for the future and a promising new product, and just let that taste sit in everyone's mouths for a few seasons.

Every manufacturer needs customers like you & Ramstad .... wow!  Announcements don't sell sleds - actual products do.  But hey, continue to enjoy the parade ... as it continues to pass you by.

17 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Every manufacturer needs customers like you & Ramstad .... wow!  Announcements don't sell sleds - actual products do.  But hey, continue to enjoy the parade ... as it continues to pass you by.

Have to admit he's loyal....except he rides Poo and Yam.  :lol:  

I'll stick to my original assessment....its not a groundbreaking release by any stretch of the imagination.

1. All mfg claim to have centralized mass....this is no groundbreaking idea.

2. You can't even order one until the spring.

3. One engine option until 2025.

4. Few details on the chassis design other than descriptions of what its trying to accomplish.....go to #1.

5. No specs on weight or other details for that matter. 

6. Yes it got interest at the Haydays....every release does and I think most snowmobilers want whats best for us and the industry....more competition.  I sincerely hope it's a homerun I just feel its coming at a snails pace for a company already down significantly in market share.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

He's a good egg ... we've gone back and forth for years.  But it is funny how, if this were a Polaris or SkiDoo launch, it would be a complete joke.  Oh well ... good entertainment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The Doo is def not centralized, front end heavy as hell. Neither is the Polaris,its just the seat position, but they are still tippy and lift the inside ski.

Far as all the other junk, one motor, lack of details, unknown bigger motor, that plays to their advantage.

Edit: Far as me, I buy what I like. I liked Can Am Defenders so I ordered a new one. I've had alot of cats, f7, 10 twin spar ho 800, few procross, ready to try other machines. Only way to really see what they are like is to crack in the throttle yourself imho.

Edited by stinkipinki

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

He's a good egg ... we've gone back and forth for years.  But it is funny how, if this were a Polaris or SkiDoo launch, it would be a complete joke.  Oh well ... good entertainment.

We disagree on things but i always respect Bontz, treated me fair and square and ill never forget it. But i will speak my opinion proudly.🍻

3 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

The Doo is def not centralized, front end heavy as hell. Neither is the Polaris,its just the seat position, but they are still tippy and lift the inside ski.

Far as all the other junk, one motor, lack of details, unknown bigger motor, that plays to their advantage.

Edit: Far as me, I buy what I like. I liked Can Am Defenders so I ordered a new one. I've had alot of cats, f7, 10 twin spar ho 800, few procross, ready to try other machines. Only way to really see what they are like is to crack in the throttle yourself imho.

F5DF0153-EB8F-4859-BE7B-8AC7475C8D88.jpeg

5 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Tell me you haven’t ridden an axys or g4 without saying it. Go!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

We disagree on things but i always respect Bontz, treated me fair and square and ill never forget it. But i will speak my opinion proudly.🍻

Yah well he’s a faggot too so there that :lol: 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Tell me you haven’t ridden an axys or g4 without saying it. Go!!!

G4 is super front end heavy, all the weight is on the skis. Last few years I drove a newer Assault 800 144 and a 21 850 VR1, they still lift the inside ski.

Edited by stinkipinki

15 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

:lmao:

31 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

It looks like we might never see a triple again. I was hoping for a 850-950 EFI triple but, that dream is dying. Time to go find a Mach Z 800.

Get them while you can. They’re skyrocketing in price 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stinkipinki said:

G4 is super front end heavy, all the weight is on the skis. Last few years I drove a newer Assault 800 144 and a 21 850 VR1, they still lift the inside ski.

Catalyst has inside ski lift.  Learn to deal with it.

34 minutes ago, Badger** said:

This is not a good look for Cat IMO. 

Nobody cares about your opinion.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Nobody cares about your opinion.

Get a life you're a Polaris guy you would never give Cat a chance would you? I have ridden and owned just about every thing out there. Stick to cooking. 

So no one gives a shit what you think. :thumbsup: Goober. 

Edited by Badger**