Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

18 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

This is just brand loyal bitching.
Don't try and denounce your obvious bias, be proud of your redneck brand loyalty.

The moment someone show the slightest excitement and says 'cant wait to see them in person' here comes the brand loyal trolls to say "Cat are so disappointing", then drop some market share crap and sprinkle in some tampon soaked comment about how they've lost customers. 

Come down off your high horse. Your sled ain't shit. And now, its old compared to Cat's new chassis. Take that and stick it. Market share don't mean dick, it never has and it never will. 

Oh really? It certainly does mean something. It means Cat/Yamaha have been piles of dung for the last 10 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Cat needs to do what Polaris did years ago and offer people the chance to ride the new sled.

load up 20 sleds on semis and travel across the country.let people ride them!!

I know a dozen people that were pretty diehard cat guys and they have left for other brands!

I do have one buddy that’s still a diehard but he does work for local cat dealer!!!

just seemed like the reveal was left short!

They did good with their 2020 pricing. Thousands less for a comparable model. Then they went dumb again 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Oh really? It certainly does mean something. It means Cat/Yamaha have been piles of dung for the last 10 years. 

Really? Says who? A hater?
Until the Zuke got replaced by the first gen CTEC in 2017, the ProCross was solid overall and sold well.
Stinky but fast, basic but reliable....and won, sometimes the majority of flatland racing events for nearly 10 years.
It wasn't until 2015 Poo took the sled of the year crown, and not till 2017 Doo won it.
Cat will win the sled of the year when this is released.

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Until the Zuke got replaced by the first gen CTEC in 2017, the ProCross was solid overall and sold well.
Stinky but fast, basic but reliable....and won, sometimes the majority of flatland racing events for nearly 10 years.
It wasn't until 2015 Poo took the sled of the year crown, and not till 2017 Doo won it.

The zuk powered procross does well at the snow drags here 

6 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Listen dumb shit, I'm not hating, I'm correcting your stupidity. Market share certainly does mean something. It means the majority of informed consumers are buying the best products available and that is currently Poo and Doo. One more thing, most snowmobilers don't give 2 shits about racing and who has the fastest.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Ramstad says a 600cc is all you ever need. 

Stinki says market share means nothing. 

Cat guys sure are a funny bunch. 

87A7AF40-0A5E-4C73-BC3C-01AAFB7C2ADF.png

It’s really pathetic. Cat faithful need to hammer them and quit buying their trash offerings. That’s the only thing that will solve what’s going on two decades of disgusting mediocrity and junk year after year. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, stinkipinki said:

This comes across as very insecure, as does the link to Market Share. It's a defense mechanism.
We all know Doo and Poo have taken the vast majority of the market, they've released some great stuff in the past 10 years and Cat hasn't outside of Mountain and Kid sleds.  But its not like the competitions sleds are out of this world, they aren't anything special and are getting a little long in the tooth, hence the Matryx refresh. I drove a 21 850 Matryx last year and its nothing outstanding. It also lost to my Attack consistently from 30-100, so not fast with a 137.

I love reading the brand loyal insecurity, you folks had Cat written off but, boom, here comes Cat with the newest chassis on the market, making everything else...older.

Who's brand loyal?   I got a 2018 Sidewinder, 2020 850 Axys 137 (which so happens to be the finest all around snowmobile I've ever ridden bar none.) a 2022 XRS Gade 850 (wifes) and a Matryx Switchback Assault Boost on order.  No I don't think the Matryx is heads and tails above the Axys and I wouldn't have ordered one if it wasn't for the jump in power.  Engine output plays a HUGE role in what I ride. 

Previous to the Sidewinder I owned a Z1 Turbo that I really liked as well as a 2016 800 XRS gade that I liked.   The first sled I ever purchased after college was a leftover 92 Wildcat.   Loved that sled.  I've literally owned them all. 

I've ridden a number of 600-800 recent model year Cats and while I liked them there were significant reasons why I wouldn't own one.  Maybe the new chassis with more power and playful feel will make me interested.  600's don't interest me in the slightest....at least while I can ride something with 50 hp more and basically the same weight.   

All I've been saying here is a release that contains basically a new chassis and accessory system for a sled not even to come out for another year isn't that special....especially for a company that you admit has fallen behind.    

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I don't think anyone here is brand loyal though ... are you?  It sure smells that way by the way you're going at length to defend Cat and their latest launch.  We get it, you love it .... good for you.  Others, including myself, are impressed but Cat could have done more ... MUCH MORE.  And because of that, they continue to lose customers to BRP and Polaris.

Damn I think I made him cry.   Does he even own a Cat?  Doesn't say in his sig and he's defending them like its his child.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Man you folks get super butthurt and insecure easily.
What does my little summer project have to do with anything we are discussing here?
You just posting that tells everyone alot.

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

All I've been saying here is a release that contains basically a new chassis and accessory system for a sled not even to come out for another year isn't that special....especially for a company that you admit has fallen behind.    

An all new Chassis for the first time in nearly a decade that looks great so far isn't all that special?
What where you expecting? A Hovercraft?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

What does my little summer project have to do with anything we are discussing here?

Speaking of butthurt. I think he posted it to prove to someone else that you have a sled and its not a cat but I might be wrong...

• Like 2

Just now, stinkipinki said:

Not butt hurt in the least - you have a fun little project going, other guys asked, so I shared.  If you don't want me to share what you post, don't post it.  I could give a rats ass either way.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

We’ll cat sure as fuck used to care about it and so did everyone buying tcats , f7s , cfrs and turbo sleds. If you wanna doddle around on some poser ass 120hp sled then every manu makes one for you. A lot of sledders loved the hp and speed wars and sadly cat has been kicked to the curb and is no longer competitive with anything other than the 998 in a garbage chassis. 

Right and I used to love riding from bar to bar on my ZRT800 and SRX 700…20 plus years ago and most people I encounter on the trails these days shouldn’t be on anything bigger than a 600 in the first place. BTW let’s say this new chassis is a hit and Cat puts a monster big bore twin in it…are you buying one? 🤷🏻
BTW I get your point about speed and big motors.👍🏼

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Right and I used to love riding from bar to bar on my ZRT800 and SRX 700…20 plus years ago and most people I encounter on the trails these days shouldn’t be on anything bigger than a 600 in the first place. BTW let’s say this new chassis is a hit and Cat puts a monster big bore twin in it…are you buying one? 🤷🏻

Im not sure I’ll ever snowmobile again but if this chassis is as good or even close to as good as the axys and then cat puts a legit 180hp mill in one and it actually performs like 180hp I would be tempted to own one. I do not expect these new chassis to run 120mph out of the box like my cfr and Z1 did. I do however expect them to run well past 110 ....maybe even 114-115 gps. These procross 800 junks are all done at 100mph and that is fucking brutally slow. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Im not sure I’ll ever snowmobile again but if this chassis is as good or even close to as good as the axys and then cat puts a legit 180hp mill in one and it actually performs like 180hp I would be tempted to own one. I do not expect these new chassis to run 120mph out of the box like my cfr and Z1 did. I do however expect them to run well past 110 ....maybe even 114-115 gps. These procross 800 junks are all done at 100mph and that is fucking brutally slow. 

Only rider forward sled I’ve owned that truly had lots of top end was the Mach 1000 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Only rider forward sled I’ve owned that truly had lots of top end was the Mach 1000 

My doo and poo both ran decent up top. 106-107 gps pretty consistently. Still too slow to be really entertaining.