Cat introducing new platform at Haydays.

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

No clue. Pretty sure you can guess though. 

not sure you guys remember what doos base gauge is like. Worse than cats 

Doo has a techy gauge now but its pretty dumb how they did that knob thing on the tank. They are behind poo on that also

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Doo has a techy gauge now but its pretty dumb how they did that knob thing on the tank. They are behind poo on that also

Yeah my Mach gauge looked nice but is horribly cumbersome to operate 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Come on dude that always happens for new releases.  Just because they were there doesn't mean they were impressed and jumping ship.

Don't get me wrong I'm excited about Cat making a change after basically a decade.   I even own a ProCross chassis sled and like it on the trails with the Yam Turbo.....I just don't agree the release will stir the kind of excitement Cat was needing at this point of their history.   Yes chassis is a very important part of the sled but generally speaking engines get peoples attention and blood flowing first.   Cat had a great history of being the power leader in the 2 stroke game from the late 80's to about 2010.   Too bad its been a decade + since that has happened.  

Again I couldn't disagree more.
The days of someone buying the big turbo with compromise to have the fastest sled are pretty much over. People want a good handling, good looking, balanced sled with great power, but not world shattering power. Your average Joe doesn't need a 998 Thundercat with a 340HP Tune.
Whats great about the 998 ProCross is that they do handle very good on the trails, but aren't for everyone and do require a little muscle here and there. 

However this is not going to sell 1 billion units. The Corvette in the showroom is there to help sales of the Impala. 
This new trail/adult chassis is the sled cat NEEDED TO MAKE. Not a new Alpha Mountain Sled. Not a intermediate kids sled in the Blast.

A new, appealing, lightweight, well designed, trail and crossover machine for adults. It's EXACTLY what Cat needed to do and I can't wait to see one in life. This is the sled your average customer wants and Cat are listening. Anyone saying different is just being a brand humping, insecure little biotch.

Edited by stinkipinki

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

The days of someone buying the big turbo with compromise to have the fastest sled are pretty much over. People want a good handling, good looking, balanced sled with great power, but not world shattering power. Your average Joe doesn't need a 998 Thundercat with a 340HP Tune.
Whats great about the 998 ProCross is that they do handle very good on the trails, but aren't for everyone and do require a little muscle here and there. 

However this is not going to sell 1 billion units. The Corvette in the showroom is there to help sales of the Impala. 
This new trail/adult chassis is the sled cat NEEDED TO MAKE. Not a new Alpha Mountain Sled. Not a intermediate kids sled in the Blast.

A new, appealing, lightweight, well designed, trail and crossover machine for adults. It's EXACTLY what Cat needed to do and I can't wait to see one in life. This is the sled your average customer wants and Cat are listening.

Never said the big power Turbo is what people are looking for but the masses surely aren't looking for 600cc (120-130HP) sleds either.  Cat looses significantly out on this aspect on the trails and surely in the crossover/mountain segment with their biggest motor being a NA 800.

Market share says it all and Cat has continued to decline.  You even said it yourself you can't wait to hear about the new engine. 

Yes customers do want a chassis that is "appealing, lightweight, well designed, trail and crossover machine for adults."   Something Doo and Poo already have as well as outstanding N/A and boosted bigger displacement engines. 

https://csimarket.com/stocks/compet_glance.php?code=ACAT

16 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

A new, appealing, lightweight, well designed, trail and crossover machine for adults. It's EXACTLY what Cat needed to do and I can't wait to see one in life. This is the sled your average customer wants and Cat are listening. Anyone saying different is just being a brand humping, insecure little biotch.

This ^^^^^ is a faggot 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Never said the big power Turbo is what people are looking for but the masses surely aren't looking for 600cc (120-130HP) sleds either.  Cat looses significantly out on this aspect on the trails and surely in the crossover/mountain segment with their biggest motor being a NA 800.

Market share says it all and Cat has continued to decline.  You even said it yourself you can't wait to hear about the new engine. 

Yes customers do want a chassis that is "appealing, lightweight, well designed, trail and crossover machine for adults."   Something Doo and Poo already have as well as outstanding N/A and boosted bigger displacement engines. 

https://csimarket.com/stocks/compet_glance.php?code=ACAT

This comes across as very insecure, as does the link to Market Share. It's a defense mechanism.
We all know Doo and Poo have taken the vast majority of the market, they've released some great stuff in the past 10 years and Cat hasn't outside of Mountain and Kid sleds.  But its not like the competitions sleds are out of this world, they aren't anything special and are getting a little long in the tooth, hence the Matryx refresh. I drove a 21 850 Matryx last year and its nothing outstanding. It also lost to my Attack consistently from 30-100, so not fast with a 137.

I love reading the brand loyal insecurity, you folks had Cat written off but, boom, here comes Cat with the newest chassis on the market, making everything else...older.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

When was the last time cat had the fastest two stroke on snow?

2011 cfr1k , that’s when.

12 straight years being absolutely bludgeoned in the 2 stroke market. Just a shame. 

I know your schtick but who really gives a fuck about that…at the end of the day they are all close on the trail. Clutching, shock package, suspension geometry, ergos…ect…are all more important IMO.🤷🏻

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

I love reading the brand loyal insecurity, you folks had Cat written off but, boom, here comes Cat with the newest chassis on the market, making everything else...older.

I don't think anyone here is brand loyal though ... are you?  It sure smells that way by the way you're going at length to defend Cat and their latest launch.  We get it, you love it .... good for you.  Others, including myself, are impressed but Cat could have done more ... MUCH MORE.  And because of that, they continue to lose customers to BRP and Polaris.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I know your schtick but who really gives a fuck about that…at the end of the day they are all close on the trail. Clutching, shock package, suspension geometry, ergos…ect…are all more important IMO.🤷🏻

We’ll cat sure as fuck used to care about it and so did everyone buying tcats , f7s , cfrs and turbo sleds. If you wanna doddle around on some poser ass 120hp sled then every manu makes one for you. A lot of sledders loved the hp and speed wars and sadly cat has been kicked to the curb and is no longer competitive with anything other than the 998 in a garbage chassis. 

Edited by f7ben

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

When was the last time cat had the fastest two stroke on snow?

2011 cfr1k , that’s when.

12 straight years being absolutely bludgeoned in the 2 stroke market. Just a shame. 

Still have my 2010!

but they’re still faster than a new 850 so that’s a witty high bar 

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Cat has a long way to go to catch up as far as selling machines and if all they're doing is keeping the diehard Cat guys on the hook, without pulling people back to Cat ... Textron is offiically killing off the Cat brand.  B-LAST models aren't going to cut it.

@Bontz Chris- perfectly stated. Textron has to have loftier goals. If Textron's only success is to keep their existing customers happy so they don't lose more marketshare, then this will be a huge failure. The only way that CATALYST makes sense is if Textron can increase market share by pulling back their former Cat customers or gaining new customers. I think CATALYST looks good and is headed in the right direction- but I don't see it as being innovative enough to pull customers away from Ski-Doo and Polaris.  

1 minute ago, Ziemann said:

@Bontz Chris- perfectly stated. Textron has to have loftier goals. If Textron's only success is to keep their existing customers happy so they don't lose more marketshare, then this will be a huge failure. The only way that CATALYST makes sense is if Textron can increase market share by pulling back their former Cat customers or gaining new customers. I think CATALYST looks good and is headed in the right direction- but I don't see it as being innovative enough to pull customers away from Ski-Doo and Polaris.  

If the chassis is good that’s fine. If they can’t come with a competitive engine to fill that chassis they might as well throw in the towel. 

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I don't think anyone here is brand loyal though ... are you?  It sure smells that way by the way you're going at length to defend Cat and their latest launch.  We get it, you love it .... good for you.  Others, including myself, are impressed but Cat could have done more ... MUCH MORE.  And because of that, they continue to lose customers to BRP and Polaris.

This is just brand loyal bitching.
Don't try and denounce your obvious bias, be proud of your redneck brand loyalty.

The moment someone show the slightest excitement and says 'cant wait to see them in person' here comes the brand loyal trolls to say "Cat are so disappointing", then drop some market share crap and sprinkle in some tampon soaked comment about how they've lost customers. 

Come down off your high horse. Your sled ain't shit. And now, its old compared to Cat's new chassis. Take that and stick it. Market share don't mean dick, it never has and it never will. 

Edited by stinkipinki

I think they know they need a more competitive engine and that the sweet spot in the market is 800-850 class. Obviously, the 600 was all they could get to market in this time frame. Who knows? Maybe when the order banks open in February, they may be an additional engine option (even though they stated that it will be next year). 

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

This is just bitching.
The moment someone show the slightest excitement and says 'cant wait to see them in person' here comes the brand loyal trolls to say "Cat are so disappointing", then drop some market share crap and sprinkle in some tampon filled comment about how they've lost customers. 

Come down off your high horse. Your sled ain't shit.

You really are butt hurt, aren't ya ... you related to Ramstad or something? :lol2:

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You really are butt hurt, aren't ya ... you related to Ramstad or something? :lol2:

I'm not the one filling diapers over a product released 5 seconds ago. It's fine to hate on Cat, but don't try to camouflage your bias with incompetence and back peddling rhetoric, you ain't fooling shit. Proudly state your bias and hatred!

Edited by stinkipinki

You ain't fooling nobody Chris. It's fine to hate on a brand and be brand loyal to another, just stop trying to say your not, you sound like a woman. Be proud and state your bias proudly, don't dance around it like a baby.

I like Cat and I say it proudly.

Edited by stinkipinki

In all seriousness, I've already bought my Matryx, and I'm not selling it any time soon. If the Catalyst had been available when I snow checked the new Matryx, Cat would have gotten my business. This sled would have likely met my needs- even as a 600. Unfortunately for me and a ton of their other former customers- TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE.  

Ramstad should grow a set of balls, and be here to discuss the CATALYST. They way we can ALL learn to hate the CATALYST together. 

Retarded.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

You ain't fooling nobody Chris. It's fine to hate on a brand and be brand loyal to another, just stop trying to say your not, you sound like a woman. Be proud and state your bias proudly, don't dance around it like a baby.

I like Cat and I say it proudly.

How many times have I told you, I don't hate Cat ... I hate owners who are blindly brand loyal (which means I also bash diehard Polaris and BRP guys too).  I don't get why you're so invested in defending a product so badly ... heck, I'm not even bashing it (that much).  All I'm saying is, Cat has had PLENTY OF TIME to come out with something to actually deliver.  And they didn't even do that ... they're just stringing along what they have left for diehard customers.  Had they come out with a new chassis and a "hypersled" class engine - THAT would have been a jaw dropper and given many the option to consider trying Cat again.  But what they did now?  Not so much.

Stop crying ... and look in the mirror when you say someone sounds like a woman :lol2:

Cat needs to do what Polaris did years ago and offer people the chance to ride the new sled.

load up 20 sleds on semis and travel across the country.let people ride them!!

I know a dozen people that were pretty diehard cat guys and they have left for other brands!

I do have one buddy that’s still a diehard but he does work for local cat dealer!!!

just seemed like the reveal was left short!

• Like 2