Official Release of new cat chassis

I heard that the new chassis for the first year is going to be for the race sled, the mountain sled, but not the rest of the trail sleds.  But then for something big the following model year.  

5 hours ago, AK440 said:

That’s great news! Sounds like Cat is finally back to kicking ass and taking names. 

I wouldn’t say there are back to that yet. They will hopefully have something that they can competitively sell now. Being the cheapest price with old tech wasn’t working for them 

On 7/16/2022 at 11:31 PM, Not greg b said:

I wouldn’t say there are back to that yet. They will hopefully have something that they can competitively sell now. Being the cheapest price with old tech wasn’t working for them 

they weren't the cheapest the past few seasons... as far as price 

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

they weren't the cheapest the past few seasons... as far as price 

They actually were but not by much. They were only about a 1,000 less than a lynx when the lynx came here for the first season. Before that it was a lot more 

41 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They actually were but not by much. They were only about a 1,000 less than a lynx when the lynx came here for the first season. Before that it was a lot more 

5 minutes ago, krom said:

Been wonder how they are going to pull off the name contest, with it already being called cougar? 

Cougar.  An old chassis looking for younger riders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Yeah cougars. They hang out at every mid tier restaurant drinking red wine looking for a younger ride 

Yeah I get that but the analogy doesn't really transfer to a new sled.  Maybe in 2035 though lol when everyone is sick of it 

10 hours ago, Not greg b said:

1A59F4FA-5733-4FCE-BC28-E2C49B23ADB5.jpeg

Is this the sled I've been talking about?  Basic 600 like the old SP...  Kinda hope it is.  

Hopefully it addresses all the concerns people have had with the seat, gauge, weight and warmth.  Bigger than that, hopefully it can still take a beating like a Tijuana hooker 

Will they kill the b-last and put the 400 in it? 

Finally something to be excited about.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is this the sled I've been talking about?  Basic 600 like the old SP...  Kinda hope it is.  

Hopefully it addresses all the concerns people have had with the seat, gauge, weight and warmth.  Bigger than that, hopefully it can still take a beating like a Tijuana hooker 

Big bore ctech 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I like the Blast, but that would make sense.  I'll bet they sell more full-sized 400's in a year than 5 years of Blasts.

21 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Big bore ctech 

not for me but if you're willing to gamble again... :lol:

20 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I like the Blast, but that would make sense.  I'll bet they sell more full-sized 400's in a year than 5 years of Blasts.

IDK honestly but with BRP's latest beginner offerings at lower price points I can't see the b-last selling well... and if the Yamaha love affair is over they won't be selling any Venoms. 

Will be interesting to see how the Textron/BRP venture on the little kids sleds shakes out.

• 4 weeks later...