Official Release of new cat chassis

Textron - "What do we call it?"

Marketing - "No Fucking clue"

Textron - "Squire, inquire with the famished Cat peasants who are still alive after lord Textron aquired thine kingdom, we cannot give them what they want but we can ask them name the bastard for our personal gain!"

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Nothing from the ad...but I will say that I am not comfortable on the current Procross.

I was never really comfortable with it either. Just sold my sled yesterday, was going to try out a matryx assault but i might wait and see what this new cat thing is all about

38 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I see it comes stock with a ride light. If you see that extra whisker don’t crash into it. I say call it the snaggle tooth edition 

Is that what that’s supposed to be? Looks like a procross headlight someone notched the bezel on. I hope the rest of the sled doesn’t follow that design them.

Too bad the cat greats that initially started the development of this were either canned or left due to textron.   This sled will not be released as what was originally intended to be by the guys that started this program.

I wish cat/textron luck but don't have much faith

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

Too bad the cat greats that initially started the development of this were either canned or left due to textron.   This sled will not be released as what was originally intended to be by the guys that started this program.

I wish cat/textron luck but don't have much faith

I concur but as pessimistic about Textron as I've been since they took the helm I'm hopeful they didn't fuck something good up and the bean counters had little to no say in regards to what Cat customers expect in terms of chassis durability. 

My hope is, they let Herfindahl keep trying to break it.

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I like they have a grab bar on the back you can actually use when you get stuck 

Or to drag it off the trail when it inevitably blows up.  :lol:

If it's SnoPro like, I may be a year #2 buyer.

34 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I concur but as pessimistic about Textron as I've been since they took the helm I'm hopeful they didn't fuck something good up and the bean counters had little to no say in regards to what Cat customers expect in terms of chassis durability. 

My hope is, they let Herfindahl keep trying to break it.

Or to drag it off the trail when it inevitably blows up.  :lol:

If it's SnoPro like, I may be a year #2 buyer.

Or when you are stuck up to your waist over by Merrill with a 1/2 lug race track 

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Or when you are stuck up to your waist over by Merrill with a 1/2 lug race track 

if it hadn't snowed and drifted so much while we were sitting in a bar, I might not have lost sight of the actual trail

😂

• Haha 1

I'm happy for them, and hope I can actually be at Hay Days this year to see the unveiling.

I'm also happy for us, because this gives us something to talk about besides politics.

12 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Hopefully they brought Suzuki back for a turbo motor, or made their own.

Hell, I'd be happy if they grabbed one out of a cement mixer or bucketloader, anything not yamaha. 

Everything Yamaha makes never has issues or brakes down. How dare you. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Hopefully they brought Suzuki back for a turbo motor, or made their own.

Hell, I'd be happy if they grabbed one out of a cement mixer or bucketloader, anything not yamaha. 

Wont see it for atleast another year

8 hours ago, Tripleflipper said:

Good step. If it's for a 2 stroke, now they need an upgraded engine.

its coming with one.

And some other neat stuff to make it light weight

• Like 1