BFG KM3 tires

I ordered a set with new Rims 

Guy sent me this pitch 

Bfg Km3 utv tires are unique. They have a polyester side wall and a steel belted tread face. 
These are made just like car tires and light truck tires.  
Polyester flexes to give you a nice ride on rough terrain . 
Most other UTV tires are made with nylon in the sidewall. Nylon causes tires to shake and thump and not ride very well and  won’t last as long . Nylon tires can be stiff .
No car tires or light truck tires will have nylon in the sidewall for this reason.   
Your stock tires are basically balloons with tread on them that puncture easily. 
Bfg tires have a steel belted tread face and are very strong . 
Bfgs tires are smooth and quiet ,handle well and last a super long time . 
They eliminate the left right loose handling you can get with your stock tires at speed . 
Your stock tires grow with Centrifugal force at speed  and lift the contact patch  off the road causing them to feel squirrley at speed . 
All  4 rims and tires are the same size so you can rotate them .  
These should be the longest wearing UTV tires you can buy . I have a customer that has 10,000 plus miles on some and expects to get 15,000+ . 
BFgoodrich is the world leader in building off-road tires . They have won more off-road races than all other tire companies combined . 
Most other brands of Utv tires are made in China with the least expensive material possible. Many of these companies have never made street or truck tires . 
My customers love the BFG tires . I have had BFG’s on my last  4 side by sides . I have 1000’s of miles on them and have  driven in 13 states so far on all kinds of terrain 

With these wheels 

Screenshot_20220715-182026_Messages.jpg

• Like 1

What I don't like and would have not ordered the rims if I knew . There is zero chance of getting rim off if I loose the little adapter.  Lugs are recesed in to rim and have almost a star tip shape . Ordering a extra adaptor tool now 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

What I don't like and would have not ordered the rims if I knew . There is zero chance of getting rim off if I loose the little adapter.  Lugs are recesed in to rim and have almost a star tip shape . Ordering a extra adaptor tool now 

This kind? I see them on aftermarket car wheels they give you about 1mm of room between the special socket and wheel just barely enough to fit the socket in stupid design.

D86B101B-0297-4898-8414-BE3AFCB278CD.png

52 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

This kind? I see them on aftermarket car wheels they give you about 1mm of room between the special socket and wheel just barely enough to fit the socket in stupid design.

Yep . Just fucking stupid on somthing that when you get a flat you are no place close to where you will find one if your is lost 

• Like 1

I just stumbled upon this thread ... and it caught my eye because the service guy I talked to at M&M recommended these tires.  He said they are, by far, the most popular tire and in his words, "awesome" for my type of riding - which is mostly gravel roads/trails and not necessarily mudding and rock climbing terrain.

Your setup looks great @Ez ryder :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

I just stumbled upon this thread ... and it caught my eye because the service guy I talked to at M&M recommended these tires.  He said they are, by far, the most popular tire and in his words, "awesome" for my type of riding - which is mostly gravel roads/trails and not necessarily mudding and rock climbing terrain.

Your setup looks great @Ez ryder :thumbsup:

Have not had them on anything but a dirt road and tar yet . I had some similar tires on my wildcat trail and they were fine on iorn range rock and clear-cut muddy 2 tracks etc .

Will post how these do in diff situations 

But on the road they were way smoother with no jittery  type stuff at top speed .

M&m so a MN I assume ? Where do you do most of your ridding ? 

Got a crew you go with or just you and the war dept ? 

We have like 10 guys who atv together most trips 3 to 8 show . Have a few toy haulers so usualy camp . 

I sold my place in longville about 1.5 yrs ago but we still ride there the most . Imho best ridding in the state . 

Just a fyi this full set up was just under 1700 shipped to the house . And bfg has a rebate right now if I take the time I think I can get like 100 back in a gift card or some shit 

Edited by Ez ryder

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Have not had them on anything but a dirt road and tar yet . I had some similar tires on my wildcat trail and they were fine on iorn range rock and clear-cut muddy 2 tracks etc .

Will post how these do in diff situations 

But on the road they were way smoother with no jittery  type stuff at top speed .

M&m so a MN I assume ? Where do you do most of your ridding ? 

Got a crew you go with or just you and the war dept ? 

We have like 10 guys who atv together most trips 3 to 8 show . Have a few toy haulers so usualy camp . 

I sold my place in longville about 1.5 yrs ago but we still ride there the most . Imho best ridding in the state . 

Just a fyi this full set up was just under 1700 shipped to the house . And bfg has a rebate right now if I take the time I think I can get like 100 back in a gift card or some shit 

You're correct on the M&M reference ... it's the one in Pine Island, not their Rushford shop.  The guy I purchased the RZR from, bought it there so I do any necessary service work there since they offer a "come & get it and bring it back" service.  I'm still kinda in limbo for the snowmobile stuff.

Our riding is a lot of county roads and "minimum maintenance" roads down here in the SE corner of the state.  We ride anywhere from our starting point, between Lake City and Red Wing to about a 60 mile radius and hit the various small towns in the area.  Beyond that, I'll trailer up to Sawyer County, WI and do some riding up in that area a couple times throughout the Summer/Fall.  Hoping to get up there in a couple weeks actually.

Those tires are definitely on my radar - I just haven't pulled the trigger yet as the stockers are fine for now (other than they're loud on pavement).

I have a bud who lives behind the cheddar curtain and spends prob 80% of his mi on blacktop and dirt roads running to town the bar etc . 

He found some rzr to ford wheel adapters so he has a set of mustang wheels and tires on the rzr lol 

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2022 at 5:06 PM, Ez ryder said:

almost all rims use a special bit these days.   only issue with the BFG is tight tread so spits mud for awhile after going through but the right tread makes them better in rocks.  i wish i went system 3 XCR not XTR for that reason as i had 2 plugs inside of the first 300 miles on them from shale but my machine spins the tires hard.  prob not an issue on an NA machine. 

On 7/23/2022 at 6:35 PM, 800renegaderider said:

i have 3 of those sockets and most in my group have them as well almost all aftermarket rims use them on UTV/ATV

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i have 3 of those sockets and most in my group have them as well almost all aftermarket rims use them on UTV/ATV

Still gay as fuck . My last set of rims used regular wrench . Went and looked at a dealer over the weekend and about 1/4 of the rims used the socket bullshit .

Kid did not know if I could get longer lugnuts with standard hex head  

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Yup that style lock is pretty common. I was talking about the design of the wheel and wheels I’ve seen with those style lugs nuts usually having the lugs recessed and tight into the wheel so you can basically only use the lock socket or a remover socket to get them off. No using vice grips or whatever in a pinch if you don’t have the socket for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Went out and put about 70 on today mix of wet muddy trail hard Rock and real loose sandy trail .

Real loose sandy they did push a bit more coming in to a corner hot but predictable after the first few turns . Nat bad just not as hard a bite as the stock junk . But that said they also don't squish or roll or what ever it is called when you can sort of feel tire squishing in a hard turn .

Mud no better no worse than stock or no better no worse than my last set of itp terracross on my wild cat 

Hard rock/hard dirt trail deff way better than stock

Dirt road way way better no drifting 

Black top never over 50 but deff less drift and less road noise 

had 2 people ask about them today because they were thinking about them 

20220807_181002.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Went out and put about 70 on today mix of wet muddy trail hard Rock and real loose sandy trail .

Real loose sandy they did push a bit more coming in to a corner hot but predictable after the first few turns . Nat bad just not as hard a bite as the stock junk . But that said they also don't squish or roll or what ever it is called when you can sort of feel tire squishing in a hard turn .

Mud no better no worse than stock or no better no worse than my last set of itp terracross on my wild cat 

Hard rock/hard dirt trail deff way better than stock

Dirt road way way better no drifting 

Black top never over 50 but deff less drift and less road noise 

had 2 people ask about them today because they were thinking about them 

20220807_181002.jpg

Riding in my neck of the woods I see. :thumbsup:

On 8/8/2022 at 4:59 AM, Sled_Hed said:

Riding in my neck of the woods I see. :thumbsup:

Sunday day trip.  Never ridden in isle the 50inch and less stuff was pretty good .  I did get the walk around from a dnr girl . Not sure of she has a clicker and stops every 20 ith or what ever number but did not wave any one else I was with.  All good but strange to be picked out of the center of a line of guys for zero reason .

I  really need to order one of those whistling diesel guys shirts 

go on vacation leave on probation 

MN DNR 

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Sunday day trip.  Never ridden in isle the 50inch and less stuff was pretty good .  I did get the walk around from a dnr girl . Not sure of she has a clicker and stops every 20 ith or what ever number but did not wave any one else I was with.  All good but strange to be picked out of the center of a line of guys for zero reason .

I  really need to order one of those whistling diesel guys shirts 

go on vacation leave on probation 

MN DNR 

A few years ago I helped alot bringing those trails back up to good condition. We have like 3 dnr ladies in this area. That's definitely odd to not stop more than 1.

4 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

A few years ago I helped alot bringing those trails back up to good condition. We have like 3 dnr ladies in this area. That's definitely odd to not stop more than 1.

Took some pics of your work for a hill we need to deal with for sleds that keeps  washing  away 

20220807_131928.jpg

20220807_132235.jpg

20220807_131922.jpg

• Like 1