800 ETEC Reliability

• Platinum Contributing Member

OK…I know this is a question with a lot of variables but generally speaking is 3000-3500 a lot of miles for a 16-17-18 800 ETEC? Top ends are one thing but more interested in the life of the Isoflex. 👍🏼

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

OK…I know this is a question with a lot of variables but generally speaking is 3000-3500 a lot of miles for a 16-17-18 800 ETEC? Top ends are one thing but more interested in the life of the Isoflex. 👍🏼

Friend of mine that does a lot of work on Ski-Doo's and also a lot of dealing on parts and sleds uses 4500 to 5000 as a mark for an 800 Etec that hasn't had a bottom end.  He does a number of swap meets and a low mileage 800 out of a wrecked sled is a quick sale.

I'm sure there are sleds that will go well past that but that's what he uses as a bench mark.

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, Doug said:

Friend of mine that does a lot of work on Ski-Doo's and also a lot of dealing on parts and sleds uses 4500 to 5000 as a mark for an 800 Etec that hasn't had a bottom end.  He does a number of swap meets and a low mileage 800 out of a wrecked sled is a quick sale.

I'm sure there are sleds that will go well past that but that's what he uses as a bench mark.

Thanks for the info….not sure if I want to shell out 18,000 for a new sled in the fall so kicking around maybe buying something like a Freeride or Renny XRS.👍🏼

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thanks for the info….not sure if I want to shell out 18,000 for a new sled in the fall so kicking around maybe buying something like a Freeride or Renny XRS.👍🏼

From what my buddy says you'd be better with an 850 Doo -vs- an 800 if your looking at used.  The 850 is back to oiling the crank bearings

• Thanks 1