Your top 3 songs all time

49 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

if were going top 3 albums , its aic - dirt/ appetite for destruction - g-n-r/ offspring -ignition' for me 

this ignition album came out before the offspring got big , and man did they kick ass back then.shame what they turned into later on.every song on this will make you want to kick a bouncer in the teeth.

Not many people know about Ignition.  I was literally OMW to this thread to post that as my favorite album of all time.  They were so fucking raw back then.  If not my favorite album, definitely in the top 3.

Top three songs is impossible to nail down so I'll throw out three of my favorites.

Offspring's best song wasn't on Ignition even though that's their best album stem to stern.

This one gives me the feels of being on the lake in the pitch black midweek in 2002 when there was nobody around to annoy.  When that sad guitar comes back in after the break, then they layer on track after track to a mad crescendo.

Draiman is the only man alive who can make you think you hear angels and the devil in the same song.  This is the best cover in the history of music period, and this live version is 1 billion times better than the studio version.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not many people know about Ignition.  I was literally OMW to this thread to post that as my favorite album of all time.  They were so fucking raw back then.  If not my favorite album, definitely in the top 3.

Top three songs is impossible to nail down so I'll throw out three of my favorites.

Offspring's best song wasn't on Ignition even though that's their best album stem to stern.

This one gives me the feels of being on the lake in the pitch black midweek in 2002 when there was nobody around to annoy.  When that sad guitar comes back in after the break, then they layer on track after track to a mad crescendo.

Draiman is the only man alive who can make you think you hear angels and the devil in the same song.  This is the best cover in the history of music period, and this live version is 1 billion times better than the studio version.

agreed .ignition is so unknown and underrated its stupid. by far there best album as a whole. smash and ixnay were not bad either, then it just went to shit all together.

i like every single one on this thing.hit play at 1 and go right through without skipping a single one.

this is my favorite in particular, i just got so much nostalgia from smash and ixnay. 

but this kicks abesolute ass right here. 

the offspring were my favorite band back then.aic passed em but i was late to the game with them.

still if i had to put up one album as my favorite all time any genre whatever, id be hard pressed to not give the nod to ignition.thats how much i loved this thing.

Edited by ZR800efi
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Matt said:

I was one of those people and I deserve a kick in the ball bag…I just downloaded Ignition and holy shit it’s good….for some reason back in the day I thought Smash was their first release.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was one of those people and I deserve a kick in the ball bag…I just downloaded Ignition and holy shit it’s good….for some reason back in the day I thought Smash was their first release.

I got Smash around 8 years old LOL

all the older kids in the neighborhood would be partying across the street amd would blast "Bad Habit" at 11pm over and over ....I was like holy shit thats awesome lol 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

not your fault.zero radio play and didnt even put out a single video. it was released on a indy label im pretty sure , epitaph i want to say.

the first album almost everyone heard of was smash, that was actually there 3rd.the first was a self titled one that was ok, then came there best imo, ignition, then smash then ixnay then utter garbage pretty much lol

• Like 2

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I got Smash around 8 years old LOL

all the older kids in the neighborhood would be partying across the street amd would blast "Bad Habit" at 11pm over and over ....I was like holy shit thats awesome lol 

i was 12 when this was popular and i first started partying at high school parties and getting trashed.so many cool memories of smash and ixnay. all the early parties blarred that shit back then 

• Like 2

• Gold Member
Just now, ZR800efi said:

i was 12 when this was popular and i first started partying at high school parties and getting trashed.so many cool memories of smash and ixnay. all the early parties blarred that shit back then 

Fuck ya Bro . Smash was the shit back then. 

• Like 2

In no particular order, 

fall of the peacemakers / molly hatchet (I like the 11ish minute live version)

green grass and high tides / the outlaws

(don’t fear) the reaper / blue oyster cult

honorable mentions,

anything Boston and Rush

favorite local band, Chris Hawkey

• Like 1

Godsmack/Sully Erna keeping rock alive. Definitely an experience that will be unforgettable to these kids.

6 minutes ago, irv said:

Godsmack/Sully Erna keeping rock alive. Definitely an experience that will be unforgettable to these kids.

They were ok , not bad or good 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

They were ok , not bad or good 

They have some good songs but I've only been periodically listening to them, Godsmack and Sully, for about a year or so now. Some I don't care for but some I do. Is Godsmack no more or did Sully just decide to do some solo stuff?

Just now, irv said:

They have some good songs but I've only been periodically listening to them, Godsmack and Sully, for about a year or so now. Some I don't care for but some I do. Is Godsmack no more or did Sully just decide to do some solo stuff?

Not sure , I saw them about 3 years ago. I actually kind of liked their first album but everything after it was downhill for me. They did put on a pretty good show. I’m pretty critical of music I don’t love and I didn’t hate it lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Not sure , I saw them about 3 years ago. I actually kind of liked their first album but everything after it was downhill for me. They did put on a pretty good show. I’m pretty critical of music I don’t love and I didn’t hate it lol

I got into them somewhat hard when I first found them but that has since waned some, which happens quite often with me.

I have my diehard favs that will never wane but I like to give others a listen sometimes as well. The thing I found out about Sully and admired was his past and how he righted himself plus all the talent the guy has. He can play anything. 

1 hour ago, ZR800efi said:

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Fuck ya Bro . Smash was the shit back then. 

I was 27 when Smash was released and my now wife and I were shacked up in a little joint having a good old time partying and blasting music...go from Offspring to this...👊🏻😂😎

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, irv said:

Front row for this tour, and another great album. 

So my older brother had Made In Japan and I loved it when I was a kid so when this came out I bought it and wore it out.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was 27 when Smash was released and my now wife and I were shacked up in a little joint having a good old time partying and blasting music...go from Offspring to this...👊🏻😂😎

LOL Fucking epic 😂👍🤘

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So my older brother had Made In Japan and I loved it when I was a kid so when this came out I bought it and wore it out.

I use to steal/borrow my sisters albums all the time and she'd get so pissed at me! :lol:

This was one of them. Always liked Alice's early stuff. :bc:

It wouldn't be right not putting this song up right after the one above. IIRC, there was only a split second gap between these songs?

Edited by irv
  • Like 3

K, last one. I'm getting carried away here, but this is why I can't just pick 3 favorites. It's impossible for me to do.

• Like 2